PDA

View Full Version : Home Opener!!

scrawny69
10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Wondering if anyone knows how the ticket sales are going for home opener on Friday?? Was in the Enmax on Saturday to pick up tickets and the place doesnt look as bad as I thought it would (most of the construction must be in the lockerroom area). There are some seats with Plastic covering them but really not that bad. The boys seemed to find some cohesion in PG so heres hoping it carries over to friday night!!!

GO CANES GO!!!!:bounce: vci34

CrazyCanesFan
10-07-2009, 03:36 PM
I've got tickets. Can't wait to cheer on our boys! I don't honestly know how good ticket sales are but hopefully pretty good. There's been something like 2500 season tickets sold so that's good. That would be awesome to see the 'Canes win over the Oil Kings on home opening night. Can't wait! Go Canes Go!!!!!

grainbear
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
All those seats are not available, due to the fire regulations, you will not even get close to those areas on game nites .Security will be in place to prevent anyone in those area, construction will begin soon on the walls for the expansion. Once walls are up , the those area behind the grey boards will be emolished from the inside. That is why seating capacity is down by approx 1000

scrawny69
10-08-2009, 07:42 AM
I had season tickets in section JJ row 13 right by the noise meter for years before I moved to section EE, does anyone know what happens to the other season ticket holders from up there??? do they get a offer of better seats or do ya think they just make them go to "moving day" and hope for the best? vci34

Bocephus
10-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Less than 24 hours to the home opener!
Bocephus can't wait!

O&C
10-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Glad to see your back on board the Hurricane train Bocephus! I will forgive you for what happened last year. This team is starting fresh again, no Beach or Boychuck etc... so you can start fresh with me again too vci34

Bocephus
10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Glad to see your back on board the Hurricane train Bocephus! I will forgive you for what happened last year. This team is starting fresh again, no Beach or Boychuck etc... so you can start fresh with me again too vci34
Glad you feel that way. Now, how about them Oilers? ;)

O&C
10-09-2009, 10:23 AM
....You dont even know how much that hurts man :mad: haha, like after last night i actually felt like throwing a wii controller through my flat screen!! The Flames didnt take the four points from the Oilers, the Oilers gave them the points and thats what hurts the most. Why was Ethan Moerua out there to wreck every thing with 30 seconds left!! vc124

Im done... haha, home opener tonight!!

Connected
10-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I understood the seating has been blocked off because of fire regulations too, not because of the walls though, but because two main exists are now closed (north entrances on the sides of the building) causing the restrictions.

Either way, I am totally stoked and hope it's loud in the coffin tonight. I hear the boys are ready to go and are pretty positive. Nice change from last year!

Go Canes!

dagley
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
....You dont even know how much that hurts man :mad: haha, like after last night i actually felt like throwing a wii controller through my flat screen!! The Flames didnt take the four points from the Oilers, the Oilers gave them the points and thats what hurts the most. Why was Ethan Moerua out there to wreck every thing with 30 seconds left!! vc124

Im done... haha, home opener tonight!!

Flames and Wheaties fan here, you and I will never get along...lol.

O&C
10-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Flames and Wheaties fan here, you and I will never get along...lol.

Hahaaha... even after that nice sig I made you!! :p

Bocephus
10-10-2009, 12:33 AM
I did manage to catch some of the action on the ice when I wasn't watching and waiting for the Oil Kings coach to implode as usual.
Fabulous effort by the Canes tonight. They played like they want to be winners.
The fingerprints of the coaching staff are all over the team's style of play. It's only one game but the team looked like they will be entertaining this season.
They showed patience and determination. They don't look like a team that lost 6 straight to begin the year. Amazing what a 20 year old veteran presence between the pipes can do.
Don't tell anyone but I did hear some fans complaining! ;)

caniac # 2
10-10-2009, 09:24 AM
I agree "Ceps", great game and they were finally rewarded for their efforts and shots in net.

Really enjoyed watching Preston with every line change and matching of lines good to see, reminds me abit of Willie D from the MH, not as hyper but very involved which is the way it should be !!

Tonight should be a good test as well.

go canes go !!

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I They don't look like a team that lost 6 straight to begin the year. Amazing what a 20 year old veteran presence between the pipes can do.;)

Also what a solid 19 year Dman can do for the entire D. I for one still like the Beach trade. Oslanski is also at least a top 6 Dman and is only 17. I am not sure how good Rowat would look behind the D the Canes had at the start of the year.

PeacefulChaos
10-10-2009, 12:57 PM
I thought the team looked very good last night. They played well and deserved the win. The Canes really went to the net and shot the puck. It was great to see.

Also a nice fireworks display to start of the season. But I was kinda disappointed to see no new scoreboard. I thought I read/heard somewhere that all the teams in the WHL will have video replay this year.....

Bocephus
10-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Also what a solid 19 year Dman can do for the entire D. I for one still like the Beach trade. Oslanski is also at least a top 6 Dman and is only 17. I am not sure how good Rowat would look behind the D the Canes had at the start of the year.
I completely agree.
When all is said and done that Beach trade will be incredibly lopsided in the Canes favour.

BugsBunny
10-15-2009, 02:15 AM
Hey Bocephus:
Just a note about the scoreboard. That will be the last addition to the renos of the Enmax. They can't install it while construction is going on. The scoreboards are highly sensitive electronic equipment and any dust or materials from construction can damage it. So it will be the last item on the list and therefore will not be in until 2010-11

caniac # 2
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Bocephus:
Just a note about the scoreboard. That will be the last addition to the renos of the Enmax. They can't install it while construction is going on. The scoreboards are highly sensitive electronic equipment and any dust or materials from construction can damage it. So it will be the last item on the list and therefore will not be in until 2010-11

the scoreboard story is a bunch of BS if you ask me, they are just stalling as they still havent even secured the financial backing as of yet , I read this not long ago. They are using the dust story as an excuse to buy more time , the term "smoke and mirrors" NOT DUST, also comes to mind.

Bocephus
10-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey Bocephus:

Why are you directing that comment at me? I don't recall asking.
I do know the story though. The dust issue is correct as with most construction jobs but also I did read that the funding hasn't been secured yet. 1.2 million is what I heard.

Bare Bear
10-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Hey Bocephus:

The league totally expects for us to be a little tardy with the video scoreboard. But all of you be patient as when this is all done, we will be the envy of all WHL teams. Gosh, I might even come down for few more games then. It is a good thing that you are all spending all this time on the building and giving the GM and coaching staff time to right the ship from what the previous GM and hockey ops have stuffed down our throats. Preston and his staff have done wonders so far, so let's all give them time to bring us a cup in 2013. By then I will be totally retired and will sit there with a huge grin as captain Reners hoists up the cup. These boys are doing well right now with learning a new system and having been on the road for ever. They need and DESERVE the support of EVERYBODY. I read where they only had 2800+ fans to see Chilliwack last night. (Gosh, that is only a couple of hundred walk ups) Well folks, that is not enough. If you all want this team to remain in the hands of the community, then you had better start supporting them a little better than that. And Bugs and the rest of the board, you had better start doing a little better job communicating with the fan base down there in Lethbridge, or you will lose the team as well as the control you all so much desire. I really think you all got a scare from the "opposition" last summer, now start making the decisions that are needed to move this franchise forward. If you don't do the right thing now, then you 16 will be known as the group that killed the team in Lethbridge.