PDA

View Full Version : 20's what's going to happen?

wango tango
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
hulak is the captain and part of the teams 1st line. not going anywhere.

kytnar takes up two spots. guess with gustaffson gone he will be one of the 20's.

leaves wintoneak and klassen. losing either is going to hurt.

klassen is a very solid defenceman. with the firepower division rivals have, his ability is a huge plus.

wintoneak seems to raise the teams level, they play better with him in the lineup.

i hope whoever gets traded goes to a western conference team.

Trav
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
To me, I don't think any of the four should be off limits, meaning whoever gives the best deal for one of them should be the one Molleken takes. They all bring something to the table.

Dwight Schrute
10-09-2009, 05:19 AM
why trade when one will be on waivers in a week ?

Brandonite
10-09-2009, 06:18 AM
I dont think it will be Sam Klassen being the odd man out. He is one of the top defenceman in the league and as long as Saskatoon stays competitive this year, then Klassen will be a key part to this team. If Brandon wasn't in the same division, I could see them going after Klassen even though hes 20. He's a hell of a d-man, and I was surprised when he got passed over in the NHL draft and not at all shocked when he signed with the Rangers this past summer. He'll be playing in the AHL next year and the fact Saskatoon even got him back this year at all must have been a huge bonus for the team. Klassen & Stefan Elliott are a pretty lethal combo!

Brandonite
10-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Derek Hulak is a great player yes, but dont let the fact he is Captain of the team take away any thoughts of him being dealt. A couple years ago in Brandon, Teegan Moore was entering his 2nd year as captain of the club before being dealt to Portland for Rob Klinkhammer. And Moore was also skating on the top line and was the hardest working player for Brandon during that time. Hulak has always been overlooked, and has never gotten a shot at a NHL camp which I personally feel he does deserve. Maybe a change of scenery in his last year would be good for him.

Trav
10-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Derek Hulak is a great player yes, but dont let the fact he is Captain of the team take away any thoughts of him being dealt. A couple years ago in Brandon, Teegan Moore was entering his 2nd year as captain of the club before being dealt to Portland for Rob Klinkhammer. And Moore was also skating on the top line and was the hardest working player for Brandon during that time. Hulak has always been overlooked, and has never gotten a shot at a NHL camp which I personally feel he does deserve. Maybe a change of scenery in his last year would be good for him.

I would have to agree, no player should be untradeable including Hulak, even if he is the captain, there's lots of other guys on the team that can lead the team. Whichever 20 gives the Blades the best return in my mind should be the one that goes. Just to correct you though Hulak was invited to the Oilers rookie camp this fall.

In the crowd
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Back in 2001-02 the Kootenay Ice traded away their hardest working player/captain who was a fan favorite, Jason Jaffray, after they were down to three 20 yr olds. They went on to win the memorial cup.

Brandonite
10-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I would have to agree, no player should be untradeable including Hulak, even if he is the captain, there's lots of other guys on the team that can lead the team. Whichever 20 gives the Blades the best return in my mind should be the one that goes. Just to correct you though Hulak was invited to the Oilers rookie camp this fall.

Really?? I was actually just reading an article on Derek Hulak in a paper that talks about all the teams. He mentioned how frustrating it was for 8 of his teamates (or whatever it was) go to NHL camps and him never receiving a call.

Hitmen1
10-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I would be very happy if the Hitmen could get Sam Klassen from the Blades. The Hitmen need a veteran defenceman and have a 20 year old spot open.

Tidball
10-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Send away Kytnar. Blades have won the last 3 games with Wintoneak on FIRE!!! Do what is good for the Blades and trade Kytnar. Wintoneak has been our saving grace and has been huge in getting us off to a better start.

wango tango
10-12-2009, 02:58 PM
whoever gets dealt is going to make another team better. tough choice no matter who molleken deals. i just hope they're able to get a decent player out of it, whether that's immediately or down the road with whatever bantam pick.

westbeach55
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
kytnar is gone to vanvouver for a third round pick

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Yep Kytnar is going out west to be coached by Don Hay....The other question is wiill/can the Blades trade for another import?

At least he was traded out of the Eastern Conference, so he can only burn the Blades once in the regular season.

sbtatter
10-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Yep Kytnar is going out west to be coached by Don Hay....The other question is wiill/can the Blades trade for another import?

At least he was traded out of the Eastern Conference, so he can only burn the Blades once in the regular season.

3rd round pick is a good reward for an O/A, and he's out of the conference which is nice for you (and us!!)

Trav
10-13-2009, 05:49 PM
The other 20's have been playing well and the team has been winning so it only made sense to deal him. Now they have a chance to maybe bring in another import, maybe Gustafsson comes back? Molleken was high on him so you think he'd make a call to him. Or they might not bother with a second import and go with who they got for now.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-13-2009, 11:23 PM
I would think that they first released him because I got the impression that they wanted to keep Kytnar,but now this...good deal and all but the Blades have really no other options to trade for one(assuming the other teams want/need their current Euro's) It is all Sam Klassen's fault for being sent back from the Rangers.... The blame could be also be put on Kytnar.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!! I am not here to blame. It does not matter now the Blades are down to the limit now let the season continue!!!!!!

CrazyGeorge
11-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I was listening to the Pats post game show after they beat Medicine Hat 7-4 (November 4). The assistant coach of the pats said that the Blades are going to be making drastic changes to make a run at the Mem Cup. Not a word of a lie...I'm not sure who exactly but a guy like Sbisa from the Canes comes to mind or Eric Doyle/Derek Claffey of the Broncos. It'll be interesting to see what happens.