PDA

View Full Version : Broncos acquire Ramsay from Chilliwak

CrazyGeorge
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Broncos trade 7th round pick to Chilliwack for Scott Ramsay

http://www.whl.ca/bruins-complete-trade-with-broncos;-tigers-and-blazers-exchange-forwards-p138118

This is the dman I've thought the Broncos needed all along but didn't think we'd get him because he is 18. I guess I am wrong.

Great move Lamb!!

dubfan
10-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Ramsay played with Wudrick and Rodgers in Abbotsford. ramsay will address the tough guy issue, is steady, and a real good kid.

Arthur Fonzerelli
10-08-2009, 05:17 PM
He won't be a saviour but he will bring a steady consistency to the blueline once he acclimates himself to Lamb's systems.

SectionNDeserter
10-08-2009, 05:19 PM
He won't be a saviour but he will bring a steady consistency to the blueline once he acclimates himself to Lamb's systems.According to Jon Keen's blog, he has already been shipped off to Seattle for a 16 year old prospect.

sectionL
10-08-2009, 05:42 PM
This trade disappoints me. I'm not saying Lamb doesnt have something else in mind as far as a tough guy goes, but we really need a tough guy. We can get all the prospects going and and have young talent on our team but if these young kids are running scared on the ice they'll never develope

CrazyGeorge
10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
This confuses me. I got all excited about getting Ramsay for us to trade him as soon as we got him. Please Lamb, tell us there is more moves coming.

Toswammi
10-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I will never understand the need for us to have knuckle dragger that would take time from a young player. I know a tough guy is suppost to make your team bigger, but unless he can play regular minutes then it is stupid to have one on your roster.

ointhecreek
10-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Maybe he didn't want to come here. Don't know, just saying. Maybe wanted to stay out west.

CrazyGeorge
10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
We really have a solid group of 15 year olds as is and to get Newton just added to that strength. I was really liking the additon of Ramsay. A type of player I though this team was lack. Hopefully we get a similar play some other way.

sectionL
10-09-2009, 12:04 AM
I will never understand the need for us to have knuckle dragger that would take time from a young player. I know a tough guy is suppost to make your team bigger, but unless he can play regular minutes then it is stupid to have one on your roster.

Those knuckle draggers you speak so fondly of are what have added excitement to hockey for years. We have taken that aspect out of the broncos game for to many years. Fans pay to see that. I'm not saying get a goon but there are lots of tough fighters that play the game really well. I just watched a piece on tv talking about how hockey used to be about that rivalry enforcers brought to the game, how when your guy lost his fight the fans had a feeling like they had just been taking there licks with the fighter. by no means do we need a floater looking for a fight but every team that has ever hoisted a cup i can guarantee you werent scared on the ice. Why else would a team with loads of skill and talent like the red wings go and add brad may, a mediocre hockey player at best. Toughness is part of the game

CrazyGeorge
10-09-2009, 01:11 AM
Section L, well said. Couldn't have said it better myself.

CrazyGeorge
10-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Lets take Regina for example...you lay a hand on Eberle or even look at him funny and guys like Leffler or Teubert are all over you...who do we have to defend that? Brown? Wagner? Claffey? We have to be able to take care of players like Eberle and not be intimidated. I was at the game in Regina. The line of Weal, Leffler and Eberle were skating circles around us because we wouldn't lay a hand on either of their snipers in Weal or Eberle.

Toswammi
10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Lets take Regina for example...you lay a hand on Eberle or even look at him funny and guys like Leffler or Teubert are all over you...who do we have to defend that? Brown? Wagner? Claffey? We have to be able to take care of players like Eberle and not be intimidated. I was at the game in Regina. The line of Weal, Leffler and Eberle were skating circles around us because we wouldn't lay a hand on either of their snipers in Weal or Eberle.

I somehow doubt the reason the Broncos weren't physical that night is because we don't have a goon.

sbtatter
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Those knuckle draggers you speak so fondly of are what have added excitement to hockey for years. We have taken that aspect out of the broncos game for to many years. Fans pay to see that. I'm not saying get a goon but there are lots of tough fighters that play the game really well. I just watched a piece on tv talking about how hockey used to be about that rivalry enforcers brought to the game, how when your guy lost his fight the fans had a feeling like they had just been taking there licks with the fighter. by no means do we need a floater looking for a fight but every team that has ever hoisted a cup i can guarantee you werent scared on the ice. Why else would a team with loads of skill and talent like the red wings go and add brad may, a mediocre hockey player at best. Toughness is part of the game

I agree with you. The last time we really worried about Swifty was when Weise was in his last year, you knew that he would make you pay for hits on eakin or other snipers. It's not like he was a heavyweight, but you just knew he would make you accountable, either through a fight, or a return hit on your own stars.Playing the Hitmen the other night we constantly kept our heads up for Schultz and Stone, against Stoon it was Zahn, every succesful team needs an intimadator, who can also play a little bit

CrazyGeorge
10-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Regarding my Regina comments...I was simply saying that we didn't lay a hand on Weal or Eberle and if we did Leffler or Teubert came to the rescue. We don't have someone like that if players like Eakin, Dowling, etc get hit the wrong way. That's all I'm saying. If getting a tough guy is what it takes then by all means.

Toswammi
10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Back to the original part of this thread. We made out like bandits in this one. We essentially traded a 7th round pick for a 4th round pick. Plus that 4th round pick has size and can score. Yeah we did pretty good in that one.

CrazyGeorge
10-09-2009, 02:20 PM
That part is true regarding what we got for what we gave up. I just personally think that getting a tougher player would be of benefit...not necessarily a goon like player. This team is built for speed.