PDA

View Full Version : Game 8-Hitmen 5 at Pats 0

Hitmen1
10-09-2009, 12:21 PM
The Hitmen continue their road trip tonight in Regina. The Hitmen are looking to win their 2nd game on this trip after beating the Wheat Kings 4-3 in a shootout on Wednesday night. I am hopeful that Martin Jones is ready to play but haven't heard either way.

The key for the Hitmen will be to shutdown Jordan Eberle who has 12 points in 4 games since returning from the Oilers. Also Jordan Weal has 13 points in 9 games and he is a super skater.

The game is online only starting at 7 pm.

Hitmen1
10-10-2009, 09:19 AM
The Hitmen improved to 7-1 on the season with a 5-0 win over the Regina Pats. In a game where the score is probably not the best indication of the game. The Hitmen were without some key players last night, Martin Jones still with the ankle injury, Micha Fisenko, and Ben Wilson the other 2 most notables. Head Coach Mike Williamson juggled the lines to balance out the offence and the team was rewarded.

The Hitmen got goals from five different players; Brandon Kozun, Michael Stone, Matt MacKenzie, Tyler Fiddler and Kris Foucault. But the main story was Michael Snider who made 34 saves for his first WHL shutout.

The Pats actually seemed to control the game for long stretches especially in the 2nd and 3rd periods. They had chance after chance, several close calls including 2 goal posts. However, Pats head coach Curtis Hunt was particularly happy with the effort of his players:

“I’m very disappointed in the third party in this game tonight,” Hunt said. “I’ll leave it there. We have enough issues of our own. We killed a big penalty (in the first period). I thought, ‘This should give us some energy.’ They score one after, it might have been kicked in, but what a job by our killers. We get in the last minute and we have people who don’t want to follow the plan, so we don’t get a blocked shot, we don’t pick up the man on a simple execution and now we’re behind the eight ball.

You can read that article right here. (http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/default.aspx)