PDA

View Full Version : Game 8: vs MJ

Toswammi
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Discuss

This will easiely be our toughest test at home to date. Moose Jaw is good and if they can get some key saves they are pretty damn good. Should be interesting to see if they can finally play good enough to win against us.

Toswammi
10-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Wow that was fun. Lots of positives (Evans, Scarlett, Hoban, Dowling, etc) a few negatives (Clark, Doyle). Anyhow a win is a win no matter how it came to be. Lets look towards tomorrow.

speedyfan3
10-09-2009, 11:06 PM
It was interesting to see how the game turned around when the vets started to play on the PK and PP. In my opinion it seems that the line of Vause, Hoban and Lowry being the starting PP line is suspect. IMO I think that Eakin, Stickland and Hoban and Dowling, Wudrick and Wagner would be more suitable on the PP. Even using Vause in exchange for Wags or Hoban. Last year our PK was far more effective using Wudrick, Eakin, Stickland (Tassone too but injury limits that this year). It is early in the season so I can see why some of the younger boys are playing but when you are down 4-1 and the job is not getting done by the young guns change to what worked last year is common sense. From my perspective things sure turned around when Lowry didn't play the PP after the second period, even though he has been playing well this year, I think others have taken their knocks a lot longer and are more proven. And as for goaltending, my only question is why didn't the change occur after the third goal? Some very suspect goaltending by Clark, but we all have our days. Evans was solid, Wudrick had a much better game all round, and I was happy to see him on the PP and PK. Hoban was solid and Wagner was a work horse. Great latter second and third period effort from the boys. great to see a win come of that.

Flathead
10-10-2009, 01:13 AM
And as for goaltending, my only question is why didn't the change occur after the third goal? Some very suspect goaltending by Clark, but we all have our days..

I also thought he would have been pulled after the third goal. Clark just didn't seem to have his head in it tonight.

stick boy
10-10-2009, 02:26 AM
wow was that a game to watch! I would wager money that Sirard will be #1 soon. love the comeback wins but the boys sure make the fans suffer along the way!

trucker
10-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I loved that win! Gotta laugh at M.J. I loved the fact that Wudrick played with Wagner! Wudrick played the best I ever saw him play last night, even finished off some hits! Gotta say kudos to the coaching staff, I don't know if we would have come to play in the third period last year, the 3rd was played withalot of heart and that's good coaching and exciting to watch! Way to go Wudrick, good job Broncos! Bring on Edmonton and make it six in a row!!

Toswammi
10-10-2009, 10:26 AM
wow was that a game to watch! I would wager money that Sirard will be #1 soon. love the comeback wins but the boys sure make the fans suffer along the way!

Go to whl.ca. Check out the goalie stats, and look at who has the number two GAA in the league.

yates_19
10-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Sirard it in opinion is alot more consistent then Clark is and should be the starter.

stick boy
10-10-2009, 12:02 PM
One stops pucks from going in the net, the other doesn't. Seems like an easy decision to me.