PDA

View Full Version : this years pick

rdreb
10-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I hope we are looking at a later pick in the first round this year.:(
Last night we won a lot more draws,that was good to see.applause
That was a good team we played last night,they sure are going to be in the running for first in the east,from what i seen last night.

What are the good point we seen from last nights game?vc1tt
SND,rebel~66,red celtic,tiny,shinyshoes,

SectionNDeserter
10-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I hope we are looking at a later pick in the first round this year.:(I think that is going to have a lot to do with how well your favorite defenseman plays. Getting those two goals back last night that Morin scored against us early on would have made this game a lot closer. We were completely physically manhandled in that game as well. Bell has some good points, but at 19, I can't help but think that he really looks like he doesn't belong in this league. J. Deagle played like a man that has his job already locked up, while guys like Cowen and Kambeitz busted their asses, and was rewarded with time on the top line late in the game... ***?

Last night we won a lot more draws,that was good to see.Unfortunately, still not many faceoff wins in our own end of the ice, where it really kills us.

That was a good team we played last night,they sure are going to be in the running for first in the east,from what i seen last night.I think we matched up well (at least skill wise) at forward, and in goal last night, but their blueline was 100% better than ours. Easily the best blueline in the league.

What are the good point we seen from last nights game?I think we made good use of our chances, especially that ridiculous saucer pass from RNH to Coetzee, and I really like what I see from Witt, I think it won't be long before he pushes out a few guys like Bell and Archer for ice time.

Red celtic
10-10-2009, 11:28 AM
For the most part I have to agree with what Wallin said is that we were intimidated and soft especially on the back end. Our forwards were skating but the defencemen were having a rough time with the Blades forcheck. I really liked our new import Kudrna he looks like he will be in our top six ( what a great goal he had in the third). But I thought the boys didn't have much heart last night and it doesn't get any easier with Brandon coming in on Sunday.

chainsaw
10-10-2009, 12:54 PM
For the most part I have to agree with what Wallin said is that we were intimidated and soft especially on the back end. Our forwards were skating but the defencemen were having a rough time with the Blades forcheck. I really liked our new import Kudrna he looks like he will be in our top six ( what a great goal he had in the third). But I thought the boys didn't have much heart last night and it doesn't get any easier with Brandon coming in on Sunday.

I attended my first game of the season last night. I think there was heart on display but unfortunatley it was the timing(s) of those examples which were really NOT helping the guys stay in the hockey game.

Instead of hustling into a support position or taking a hit to retain possesion...several guys gave in to the pressure & speed of the Blades and just puked the puck up. This is NOT heart.

But:

After they gave it away...they chased it like wild hounds and skated miles trying to bail themselves out. Painful to watch really.

Looked like RD actually had sufficient size & speed to compete had they used it effectivley and played more as a team. The Coach has to get his players to come together in 5 man units and work harder on keeping the puck. Nothing wrong with getting knocked around if the puck is with you. Its better than firing the puck down the rink EVERY time.

Another thing...the Linesmen were a bit impatient. They waved off several icing calls that should have been whistles. Whistles would have helped the Rebels last night:skeptical

They gotta Sloooow down and think! Its easier to set up & mark your man off a faceoff than it is changing on the fly. (even though they did get scorched direct off a faceoff at one point).

Daulty Siwak also needs some love. He stoof tall against a bigger opponent and never quit in that scrap last night. That one got me going...but then the Blades came back & scored soon after & the team packed it in at that point.

The Wheatiemaniac
10-10-2009, 03:38 PM
I attended my first game of the season last night. I think there was heart on display but unfortunatley it was the timing(s) of those examples which were really NOT helping the guys stay in the hockey game.

Instead of hustling into a support position or taking a hit to retain possesion...several guys gave in to the pressure & speed of the Blades and just puked the puck up. This is NOT heart.

But:

After they gave it away...they chased it like wild hounds and skated miles trying to bail themselves out. Painful to watch really.

Looked like RD actually had sufficient size & speed to compete had they used it effectivley and played more as a team. The Coach has to get his players to come together in 5 man units and work harder on keeping the puck. Nothing wrong with getting knocked around if the puck is with you. Its better than firing the puck down the rink EVERY time.

Another thing...the Linesmen were a bit impatient. They waved off several icing calls that should have been whistles. Whistles would have helped the Rebels last night:skeptical

They gotta Sloooow down and think! Its easier to set up & mark your man off a faceoff than it is changing on the fly. (even though they did get scorched direct off a faceoff at one point).

Daulty Siwak also needs some love. He stoof tall against a bigger opponent and never quit in that scrap last night. That one got me going...but then the Blades came back & scored soon after & the team packed it in at that point.

When the Rebels played here they didn't have Landon Ferraro. Is he hurt or still in Detroit? Just wondering.

3rebels
10-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Hurt, banged up his knee on the road trip and the team wants to make sure the knee is 100% before putting him back in games!!

Hitmen1
10-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Just based on comments I have read from Wallin, it sounds like the things they work on in practice are not showing up during games and Wallin is getting very frustrated with it.

If they miss the playoffs again, and I believe the Rebels are going to miss, is Wallin going to take the fall?

rdreb
10-11-2009, 10:23 AM
who else would take the fall.

Do we need a new style off play,athis system hasn't worked for the last couple of years.

hockey4
10-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Just based on comments I have read from Wallin, it sounds like the things they work on in practice are not showing up during games and Wallin is getting very frustrated with it.

If they miss the playoffs again, and I believe the Rebels are going to miss, is Wallin going to take the fall?

Pretty ridiculous statement. you think the rebels are going to miss? pretty bold statement considering they are only 4 points behind the hitmen 10 games into the season, and playing without there top forward and top d-man. just curious what your basis is for the argument. time will tell.

Hitmen1
10-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Pretty ridiculous statement. you think the rebels are going to miss? pretty bold statement considering they are only 4 points behind the hitmen 10 games into the season, and playing without there top forward and top d-man. just curious what your basis is for the argument. time will tell.

IMO, they do not have a very good blueline and Keumper is too inconsistent. I am not a fan of Wallin either. Also, I don't think Ferraro is as good as advertised. I do get to see the Rebels regularly as I am a season ticket holder here.

As for just being behind the Hitmen, the Hitmen haven't even played 10 games and frankly, I am surprised at how well the Hitmen are playing, they lost a lot of skill on the blue line but the kids have been okay.

Red celtic
10-17-2009, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=Hitmen1;141050]IMO, they do not have a very good blueline and Keumper is too inconsistent. I am not a fan of Wallin either. Also, I don't think Ferraro is as good as advertised. I do get to see the Rebels regularly as I am a season ticket holder here.

Wow you really are a Hitmen fan a little perspective might be in order. The Rebs are miles ahead of where they were last year and I remind you that team won 25 games. They have already have won 5 out of 6 which is huge when you consider the have done this without 2 of their top players. And yes I know you don't think much of Ferraro (one of the top teams in the NHL would disagree). This team has a really good chance of finishing in the top three in the Central they will win 36-40 games which will put them in the playoffs. As for there defence they do need to upgrade and I think they will before long. As for Kuemper he might not be Jones but he will be just fine.

Hitmen1
10-17-2009, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Hitmen1;141050]IMO, they do not have a very good blueline and Keumper is too inconsistent. I am not a fan of Wallin either. Also, I don't think Ferraro is as good as advertised. I do get to see the Rebels regularly as I am a season ticket holder here.

Wow you really are a Hitmen fan a little perspective might be in order. The Rebs are miles ahead of where they were last year and I remind you that team won 25 games. They have already have won 5 out of 6 which is huge when you consider the have done this without 2 of their top players. And yes I know you don't think much of Ferraro (one of the top teams in the NHL would disagree). This team has a really good chance of finishing in the top three in the Central they will win 36-40 games which will put them in the playoffs. As for there defence they do need to upgrade and I think they will before long. As for Kuemper he might not be Jones but he will be just fine.

Oh don't get me wrong, they are much better than last year. The games are at least somewhat entertaining. I think they finish 4th in the division, behind the Hitmen, Tigers, and Oil Kings. They will probably be in a dog fight for a playoff spot as the only team that I don't see competing for a spot is PA.

Your right about Ferraro, the Red Wings feel he is going to be a good player and I just think the Rebels have a handful of players who are better but I am no scout. If they win 36-40 that is just over .500, will that be enough? I don't know. In saying that, next year they will be a contender.