PDA

View Full Version : Game 9-Hitmen 3 at Warriors 6

Hitmen1
10-10-2009, 02:18 PM
The Hitmen wrap up their 3 game road trip tonight in Moose Jaw. The Warriors are the only team to beat the Hitmen and they did so last Sunday in Calgary. I am going to say that the Warriors are going to see a much better effort from the Hitmen tonight.

I am interested in who plays goal for the Hitmen tonight. Will Marty Jones be ready to make his return? Does Michael Snider start again, he is coming off a 34 save shutout vs the Pats last night or because of back to back games, do we see Chase Komistek for the first time?

Puck drop is at 7 pm live on the fan960.

Hitmen1
10-10-2009, 09:53 PM
For the second time this week the Moose Jaw Warriors beat the Calgary Hitmen. The only team to beat the Hitmen this season. The Hitmen decided to start rookie goalie Chase Komistek for the first time in his WHL career, and while he wasn't the reason why the Hitmen lost tonight, Hitmen fans who have debating which backup is better got their answer tonight. Michael Snider is clearly the better goalie and it will not surprise me if Komistek is sent back to the AJHL once Marty Jones is healthy.

Speaking of Jones, he has started skating with the Hitmen again and is hoping to play next weekend vs the Blades.

The Hitmen came out of the gates just on fire but couldn't buy a goal. But after about the 10 minute mark of the first, the Warriors were probably the better team because they wanted it more tonight. The Hitmen coaching staff will probably not be happy with the way their team competed tonight. They were not very physical and were very soft in their own zone.

The Hitmen got goals from Cody Sylvester, Michael Stone, and Joel Broda. Komistek was okay in his first game, making 22 saves.

I just wanted to add that I think it is great that both the Warriors and Winterhawks are playing so earlier in the season.

dagley
10-10-2009, 11:07 PM
The Warriors don't seem to be a slouch this year like many predicted.