PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice???

jkanes
10-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Did anyone else at the game last nite against the Blades that at the start of the 3rd, the clock didnt run for almost a minute. Had that minute run, there would be no saskatoon 41 seconds left goal and we would be 4-6 instead of 3-6-1 THAT TICKS ME OFF!! otherwise, i thought we played a great game. Rowat was good, and the refs, as usual, made crappy calls.

CrazyCanesFan
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
I noticed that too! I'm so mad about that, how the Blades scored with 41 seconds left. Afterwards though the timekeepers took 1 minute off the clock after the first stoppage in the 3rd.

Bocephus
10-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I saw the clock hadn't been started and then the timekeeper noticed and started the clock during the play. I figured it was less than a minute the clock hadn't been running during a prolonged period of play. When the play stopped and the puck was dropped again the clock instantly went from ?:29 down to ?:49 which meant that 40 seconds were removed. I don't know if that was the correct amount of time to remove but I thought that it had to be close in my opinion.
I don't believe this mistake and correction had any influence on the outcome of the game. The biggest farce was the officiating once again. It happens to all teams all the time year after year and it is the biggest joke going. This weekend it was our turn to be burned.
Friday night we get a checking from behind penalty on Ross and he is immediately jumped by Balness and yet there is no 17 minutes for Balness on the play. ?huh?
Saturday night Ashton goes into the boards with Zahn in a battle for the puck and Zahn crashes awkwardly from being off balance a heartbeat before the battle with Ashton occurred and Ashton gets 5 and a game. That was pure HS in my opinion. Agar dropped the ball on that one.
Then in the third 17 year old Tarnasky lays out Elliott in the open ice and then gets jumped by 20 year old Klassen and a fight breaks out. What does Agar call from this? Of course, he drops the ball again and says they didn't fight, even though punches were thrown, and gives each two for roughing and gives the Canes another two minutes to put the Blades on the PP. That one still has me baffled.

Still, the Canes were not the better team the last 30 minutes and still had a chance to close it out for the two points, I think they just missed an open net as well. The ending was frustrating and the officiating was frustrating but we showed we can hang with the elite teams in the Dub this weekend and that is what I take from this weekend.
The schedule looks a bit week coming up for the next 6 or so games so hopefully we can make some headway soon.
Anyone know if the Kabayama situation was serious or not. Hopefully it wasn't with the timing of Thanksgiving and all.

Bocephus
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Did anyone else notice...the start that former Hurricane Alex Theriau has had?
http://www.whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=25135

SectionNDeserter
10-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow! Wonder if the 4 assists he got tonight are on there yet?

Bocephus
10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Wow! Wonder if the 4 assists he got tonight are on there yet?
Yes, those 4 assists are in those totals. He was scoreless the first three games and then had 6 assists in the next two games.

jkanes
10-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Anyone know if the Kabayama situation was serious or not. Hopefully it wasn't with the timing of Thanksgiving and all.

Uh i dont know if this had to do w/ this but when we arived at the game, some guy must've had a heart attack b/c he was lying on the ground and the EMS had to use the Defibulator thingy to shock him :( . Relation to Kabayama maybe?

Toe Drag
10-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Did anyone else notice...the start that former Hurricane Alex Theriau has had?
http://www.whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=25135

Our family was in Kelowna for a small wedding Sunday. Some of our family took in the game Saturday night Rockets vs Everett. Alex Theriau had two assists, played all key situations and was second star. We could use him on our backend.Thanks Roy.

Toe Drag
10-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Our family was in Kelowna for a small wedding Sunday. Some of our family took in the game Saturday night Rockets vs Everett. Alex Theriau had two assists, played all key situations and was second star. We could use him on our backend.Thanks Roy.

Player Profile: Alex Theriau Finds a Balance
Theriau talks about his strong special teams play as well as one key shotblock that changed the course of a recent game. The Duncan, BC native is in his second year with the Silvertips. ... Full

Found this article on Everett's website.Sounds like we develope players, then trade them. For the full story check out their site. Having met this young man, he loved it here last year. Too bad we could not hang onto him.

CrazyCanesFan
01-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Did anyone else notice tonight against the Oil Kings that the clock was frozen at 5:17 in the third period for about 20 seconds? It didn't have any effect on the outcome of the game but I thought I would just throw it out there. Nice win by the Canes tonight.

PeacefulChaos
01-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Yeah, even Jung noticed that the clock didn't start. Pat and Fred commented on it on the radio broadcast as well.