PDA

View Full Version : cowan or lewadniuk

wheaties89
10-13-2009, 02:47 PM
they both work hard, both play physical, both are pretty good guys in the room and both somewhat local guys
cowan may have the nod defencively but lewadniuk offencively
i think it will come down to whoever they get a better trade offer for

dagley
10-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Cowan in, Lewadniuk out.

Boltz9
10-13-2009, 03:20 PM
I came in thinking it would be Lewy and that was my pick early on. I now think Cowan is the better asset for our team and he is now my pick. I just dont want to see Lewy traded to Calgary or Kootenay where he can come back to haunt us.

Brandonite
10-13-2009, 05:49 PM
I came in thinking it would be Lewy and that was my pick early on. I now think Cowan is the better asset for our team and he is now my pick. I just dont want to see Lewy traded to Calgary or Kootenay where he can come back to haunt us.

I've already heard from some very good sources that if Lewadniuk doesn't stick in Brandon, he's going back to the MJHL to finish his junior career with the Winkler Flyers regardless of what WHL team tries to acquire him. Thats not just a random rumour neither that I heard, thats a fact said directly from Lew. His heart is in Brandon and only Brandon. Regardless of who stays between Cowan & Lewadniuk I dont think either of them will be here come Memorial Cup. If it is in fact Cowan staying for now, I would bet alot of money that he will be traded later along with others for an upgrade at the 20 year old spot. I like both Cowan & Lew but for whats at stake this year I really think they can upgrade from those two by possibly adding a solid 20 year old blueliner. Calvert is solid obviously and Fehr will get 20-30 goals so they are safe bets but I think for the 3rd O.A. spot, Brandon can still do better than Cowan & Lew and thats absolutely no knack against either of those guys as I think both are fully capable of playing in the WHL somewhere this season and far too good for Junior A. Althought I have been hearing alot of talk lately about the possibility that if Cowan doesnt stay in Brandon, him also going to play for Dauphin for a chance at the RBC. His Junior A rights are currently owned by OCN though.

Allin44
10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Just a coincidence maybe?

Pretty sure I saw Chewy at the Moose game tonight, and Aulie wasn't in the lineup..

dagley
10-13-2009, 11:05 PM
If we got Aulie back (we wont)...that would be insane. Lol

sbtatter
10-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Just a coincidence maybe?

Pretty sure I saw Chewy at the Moose game tonight, and Aulie wasn't in the lineup..

He just went to watch, hoping that Aulie would be playing, and just wanted to say Hi.....

Allin44
10-14-2009, 08:02 AM
He just went to watch, hoping that Aulie would be playing, and just wanted to say Hi.....

Pretty much what I figured, thought I'd be Eklund for a day!

sbtatter
10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Pretty much what I figured, thought I'd be Eklund for a day!

Ha! hey do you think Aulie will play tonight? Are you going again?

Allin44
10-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Ha! hey do you think Aulie will play tonight? Are you going again?

yup, I've got free club seats so I'll be there. Not sure if he'll play, I was hoping to watch both him and Leblanc play last night, neither did.

Brandonite
10-14-2009, 03:34 PM
yup, I've got free club seats so I'll be there. Not sure if he'll play, I was hoping to watch both him and Leblanc play last night, neither did.

Gotta be nice to see Marty Murray again though! I was definitely excited when i heard that news. Speaking of LeBlanc, its real nice to see him make the Moose. He was playing in the Central Hockey League, thats a huge leap in a short time so good for him and hopefully he stays. With all the loses the Moose suffered it was a great opportunity for him. And how about Matt Miscue?? Did he play? I can't believe hes even playing in the American Hockey League, especially as a forward.

Allin44
10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Gotta be nice to see Marty Murray again though! I was definitely excited when i heard that news. Speaking of LeBlanc, its real nice to see him make the Moose. He was playing in the Central Hockey League, thats a huge leap in a short time so good for him and hopefully he stays. With all the loses the Moose suffered it was a great opportunity for him. And how about Matt Miscue?? Did he play? I can't believe hes even playing in the American Hockey League, especially as a forward.

Murray didn't play much last night it didn't seem.

McCue doesn't get a lot of minutes but hes mixing it up when he does and hes not as much of a liablity playing the wing as he is playing the point

I heard today that Grabner was recalled to the Canucks, which opens up a forward spot, wonder if Leblanc gets it tonight.

Really hope Aulie plays tonight.

Allin44
10-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Aulie played a good chunk of minutes in the first two periods. I only really got to see him in the second as Abbotsford was in the end my seats are once. .

He looked good, clearing guys out, looks like hes still adjusting to the speed of the next level.

Leblanc didn't play

sbtatter
10-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Aulie played a good chunk of minutes in the first two periods. I only really got to see him in the second as Abbotsford was in the end my seats are once. .

He looked good, clearing guys out, looks like hes still adjusting to the speed of the next level.

Leblanc didn't play
Hope he makes it to the show, what a nice guy he is.....
Why didn't Keetly play the OT???

Allin44
10-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Hope he makes it to the show, what a nice guy he is.....
Why didn't Keetly play the OT???

Im not sure, we were pretty bewildered by that too..

I know they started the season 0-0-2-0 so Im wondering if Keetley was in net for those two and they thought they'd try Irving?

defencerocks
10-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Ok back to the thread debate.
My thoughts are that Lewy is a skilled guy up front but Kelly already has that in Calvert, Fehr, et al. Cowan brings a third line energy which is not what Lewy brings. Therefore, Lewy is the odd man out. That being said, would not be surprised if both are gone at midnight today when the big guy pulls off a big time dman for the wheaties.

Boltz9
10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
He sure is waiting till the last minute to annnounce it. Maybe he is trying to work out a blockbuster deal or something.

Allin44
10-15-2009, 12:37 PM
He sure is waiting till the last minute to annnounce it. Maybe he is trying to work out a blockbuster deal or something.

For what? If you are going to make a blockbuster deal that includes one of our 20s its going to have to be Jay Fehr

dagley
10-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Would you really in all intensive purposes mind losing Jay Fehr and someone like DePape for a 20 y/o defense man w/ an 18-19 year old third line winger?

Allin44
10-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Would you really in all intensive purposes mind losing Jay Fehr and someone like DePape for a 20 y/o defense man w/ an 18-19 year old third line winger?

Intents and Purposes ;)

and no

dagley
10-15-2009, 12:55 PM
We will just have to wait and see :D

Boltz9
10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Ya you never really know what could happen.

sbtatter
10-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Hard to see a big deal going down this early in the season, with lots of teams still thinking they have a good enough team not to have to rebuild.
Looking ahead, we could likely lose either of schneider and melnychuk, also Miller and Bestland play similar games.

defencerocks
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Still have to trade or let go one twenty go today. I hear the deadline is 4pm.

dagley
10-15-2009, 01:11 PM
I think nobody would really mind losing Brodie. Schneider is a solid dman. He plays simple, smart and plays a REAL simple game. Id like to keep Schneider, good four/five/six dman.

dagley
10-15-2009, 01:28 PM
On Lubers blog it says

"Appears Del Cowan is odd man out. WKs haven't said anything official but sources tell me he was informed of the one news late this morning"

sbtatter
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
I think nobody would really mind losing Brodie. Schneider is a solid dman. He plays simple, smart and plays a REAL simple game. Id like to keep Schneider, good four/five/six dman.

I'd keep Brodie, he's developing nicely.