PDA

View Full Version : Nunn

SectionNDeserter
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Since the acquisition of Kytnar, he no longer appears on the roster of the giants, on the whl.ca site. Where did he go?

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-13-2009, 10:04 PM
He is out with an injury and I looked on the Giants site and he is still there.... I think that Kytnar is in the plans though since they gave up a 3rd round pick for him.

GF71
10-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Garry has been placed on long term IR as he is still 4-6 weeks away. It gives Scott more time to make a decision on thier OA. They will carry fouruntil Garry comes back.

FYI..Dillon Scholten has also been placed on the long term list.

dondo
10-13-2009, 10:36 PM
he's injured and has a few weeks left before being inserted back inot the line-up

right now we have excess D-men and neither Toigo nor Funk are playing like OA players, so one is on the chopping block. My vote is Funk as I ma seeing very little progressive about his game, but he seems to be a good in the room kind of guy keeping it light and there's an intangible value to those kinds of players .. not sure ... but I don't see Nunn going anywhere -- we need offensive punch much (much) more than defensive depth.

Redwic
10-13-2009, 10:53 PM
I agree. I don't see Nunn going anywhere. And out of the choices of Toigo and Funk, I think Funk would ultimately be the odd man out.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
he's injured and has a few weeks left before being inserted back inot the line-up

right now we have excess D-men and neither Toigo nor Funk are playing like OA players, so one is on the chopping block. My vote is Funk as I ma seeing very little progressive about his game, but he seems to be a good in the room kind of guy keeping it light and there's an intangible value to those kinds of players .. not sure ... but I don't see Nunn going anywhere -- we need offensive punch much (much) more than defensive depth.

Funk made too many mistakes when he was a Blade and I was hoping he could turn it around but maybe not? I was honestly glad that the Blades did not keep him as an overage player. Hopefully Nunn heals quickly but with the addition of Kytnar the Giants look they could make some noise again.

dondo
10-14-2009, 12:08 AM
I had high hopes for Funk, but I guess his injury during re-season and camp slowed him down and bit and he hasn't got it back as of yet. He's okay, but I have a lot higher expectations for OA players and he doesn't strike me as any sort of leader at the moment, and his level of play is just okay.

kind of a shame to hear that about Funk GBG .. but I suppose the way you felt about Funk most of us felt about both Ross and Rodgers ... under-performed badly last season and that trade could have lost us a competitive edge we needed in the playoffs.

We did get through a few rounds, but we did not have any of our euros clicking and our trade deadline acquisitions didn't add enough to put us over the threshhold to compete physically with the Rockets.