PDA

View Full Version : Milan Kytnar

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-13-2009, 04:00 PM
You guys acquired one hell of a hockey player in him....he is a faceoff speicalist,he hits and he pretty much does it all... Sad to see him leave the Blades and going from one GREAT coach to another it will only help him.

Section_Z
10-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Good to hear GBG. I still wonder if this trade was in the works...it didn't make sense to me to trade away Kudrna unless there was a plan to fill the Euro spot.
Now that we have 4 20's though, who is on the block?
This is interesting, though, maybe the decision doesn't have to be made right away...

Hay hasn't ruled out the idea bringing in another 20-year-old player during Nunn's absence. Teams are permitted to dress three in a game; Vancouver's other two are defenceman Ryan Funk and swingman Nolan Toigo.

"There's that possibility," Hay said of adding an overage. "There are 20-year-olds that are becoming available."

The cut-off date to be at three overages on the entire roster is Oct. 15, but teams have been granted extensions in the past due to long-term injuries.

dondo
10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
something we needed a pure goal scorer .. always enjoyed watching Kytnar play and I am very excited about acquiring him .. Nunn is injured and our other OAs have been less than impressive imo .. nice that we had a euro spot to give -- tough to have a double whammy layer OA and euro spots in one player, but with Kytnar I'll take it.

welcome to Vancouver Milan

and sect Z -- Toigo or Funk (neither of whom have been playing like 20s), but we have time before Nunn gets back (healthy) to make that decision

dondo
10-16-2009, 12:53 AM
hey GBG any idea what Milan's current injury is?

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-16-2009, 08:18 PM
hey GBG any idea what Milan's current injury is?

Oh yeah he did/does still have one but after we traded him I kinda forgot about it but it was/is an upper body injury....abdomenal/ribs. You now have the latest dirt haha.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Is he healed and playing now? Was he worth the 3rd round pick that the Giants gave up?

dondo
10-29-2009, 06:04 PM
yup and yup .. not amazing yet, but very solid. A Don Hay kind of player for sure. Plays hard out there goes to the net, back checks well and forechecks hard -- me like :bounce:clrkthj

Section_Z
11-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Kytnar is a solid Giant. He is fitting in very well with the Hay system. This was a great trade.