PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for the early extra attacker

Tipped Off
10-14-2009, 02:34 PM
From Nick Patterson's blog

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20091013/BLOG12/910139960#Sneak.preview.of.Prince.Albert.Becanic.i nfluence.in.Seattle

Sneak preview of Prince Albert, Becanic influence in Seattle

Posted at 12:01 am by Nick Patterson

Everett's next opponent Prince Albert played tonight in Seattle, winning 6-4. Prince Albert led 5-1 midway through the third period before Seattle came storming back.

I listened to part of the third period of the game on the internet, just out of curiosity. Obviously I can't say much about the Raiders based on the broadcast, other than that they didn't hold onto their lead very well.

What was interesting, however, is that trailing 5-2 with about eight minutes remaining the T-birds decided to pull their goalie while at even strength. Sound familiar? Everett, of course, was notorious for pulling its goalie early during the Kevin Constantine/John Becanic years. Every time I ever asked an opposing player or coach about it they reacted with surprise and a bit of indignation. That Seattle has now bought in tells me Becanic is having real influence as an assistant with the T-birds.

And it nearly worked, as the T-birds pulled back within one and had several chances before Prince Albert finally found the empty net. So if the T-birds find themselves in a similar situation against the Tips this season, I'll be keeping the corner of one eye on Seattle's goal in anticipation of an early extra attacker.

Dannyboy206
10-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Keep your eyes peeled. It's all getting better from here in T-Bird land.

This year will appear the bit of a rebuilding, make no mistake about it.
But there are some really good looking 16 year old rookies, playing nearly everynight.

Keep your eyes on Jacobs, Muth, and Alos this season for sure. I often have to recheck my program as these guys look like 18 year olds. Skils, smarts and confidence each of them.

Oh, and the new coach is helping our special teams. We can see glimpses of the guys buying in. :bounce:

Razz
01-06-2010, 04:41 PM
From Nick Patterson's blog

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20091013/BLOG12/910139960#Sneak.preview.of.Prince.Albert.Becanic.i nfluence.in.Seattle

Sneak preview of Prince Albert, Becanic influence in Seattle

Posted at 12:01 am by Nick Patterson

Everett's next opponent Prince Albert played tonight in Seattle, winning 6-4. Prince Albert led 5-1 midway through the third period before Seattle came storming back.

I listened to part of the third period of the game on the internet, just out of curiosity. Obviously I can't say much about the Raiders based on the broadcast, other than that they didn't hold onto their lead very well.

What was interesting, however, is that trailing 5-2 with about eight minutes remaining the T-birds decided to pull their goalie while at even strength. Sound familiar? Everett, of course, was notorious for pulling its goalie early during the Kevin Constantine/John Becanic years. Every time I ever asked an opposing player or coach about it they reacted with surprise and a bit of indignation. That Seattle has now bought in tells me Becanic is having real influence as an assistant with the T-birds.

And it nearly worked, as the T-birds pulled back within one and had several chances before Prince Albert finally found the empty net. So if the T-birds find themselves in a similar situation against the Tips this season, I'll be keeping the corner of one eye on Seattle's goal in anticipation of an early extra attacker.

They don't hold leads because Campese (bench boss) runs a short bench which burns the players out. No development in PA. With Seattle picking up Aasman (d-man) in the trade will add offense from the backend. He is great defensively too ,which most offensive dmen lack. He will be fun to watch develop like Farwell mentioned and make your team alot more lethal at the same time.