PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen Roster Update

Hitmen1
10-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Just a quick update on the Hitmen roster, to no surprise the Hitmen trimmed their roster to 25 players by reassigning goaltender Chase Komistek to the Grande Prairie Storm of the AJHL. Komistek got into one game this regular season, last weekend in Moose Jaw and lost 6-3.

http://www.hitmenhockey.com/index.asp?newsID=280

Arthur Fonzerelli
10-14-2009, 09:15 PM
That's harsh! The kid loses 1 game and gets sent to Siberia.

Hitmen1
10-14-2009, 09:23 PM
That's harsh! The kid loses 1 game and gets sent to Siberia.

HAHA! Everyone knew this was coming. The Hitmen just needed Jones to recover from the ankle and now that he has, Chase was the odd goalie out. Better for him to go back to the AJHL and hopefully get lots of playing time.

sbtatter
10-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Snider is tiny but he looked pretty good in bdn....

Hitmen1
10-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Chase is having second thoughts on his future.

Chase Komistek, who was acquired from the AJHL Brooks Bandits, was expected to make his Storm debut this weekend after spending time with the WHL Calgary Hitmen.

That plan has been put on hold while Komistek makes some decisions about his future.

Chase is a little up in the air with what he wants to do with himself right now, Vandekamp said.

Hes going through the withdrawals of thinking he was going to play in the Western Hockey League and hes not.

Its not something I havent seen before.

I found it near the bottom of this page:

http://www.gpstorm.com/association.aspx

Arthur Fonzerelli
10-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Before the WHL cut him loose they made sure that he had burned his NCAA option.

I feel sorry for the kid. He was a top goalie selection in the bantam draft and got all caught up in the hype about shortest route to pro hockey and the constant attention of scouts who made him feel like he was invincible.

He blew out a groin, spent months on rehab, and just lost enough of his competitive edge and confidence to keep him out of a spot.

Chase, if you read this crap and believe that you still have a burning love for the pure game of hockey then don't pack it in yet. The Hitmen are only an injury away from needing you back on the bench. It might not be a lot of fun riding the bus from Grande Prairie but everyone pays their dues one way or another.vc178