PDA

View Full Version : Game 10-Blades 5 at Hitmen 1

Hitmen1
10-17-2009, 09:36 AM
The Hitmen finally get back into action tonight as they host the Saskatoon Blades. The Hitmen haven't played since last Saturday night in Moose Jaw. This should be a really good game between 2 of the better teams in the Eastern Conference. The Blades come into the game with a 5-2-0-2 record while the Hitmen sit at 7-2-0.

The game tonight starts a stretch for the Hitmen that sees the boys play 6 games in 9 nights, so hopefully they are well rested. One player who should be rested in goalie Martin Jones who missed several weeks with an ankle injury. The Hitmen assigned rookie tender Chase Komistek to the AJHL earlier this week which means we will see Jones either tonight or tomorrow. The Hitmen and Blades start at 7 pm Calgary time tonight and the Hitmen are back in action at 2 pm tomorrow afternoon vs the Winterhawks, which is why I think we will see Jones and Snider each get one start this weekend.

The Blades are lead offensively by Hulak (14 points) and Wintoneak (12 points) but really the Blades are a very good defensive team and their defensive game makes them very tough to play against.

As I mentioned before game time is 7 pm Calgary time and can be heard on the fan 960 tonight. Unfortunately, I will miss the game as I am heading to the Rebels game tonight vs the Bruins.

Hitmen1
10-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Just an ugly performance by the Hitmen tonight. I cannot make too many comments as I didn't see the game tonight but based on a few other sites I have checked the Blades were the better team. The Hitmen would very little puck movement tonight. I would also think that a week off doesn't help either. I guess that is the downside to sharing an arena with a NHL franchise. The good news is the Hitmen are right back at tomorrow afternoon starting at 2 pm Calgary time. I hope they take it to the Winterhawks tomorrow.

Boxscore:

1st Period- No Scoring.

Penalties-Bonsor Cal (tripping), 7:36; Klassen Sas (slashing), 13:06; Wintoneak Sas (roughing), 13:48; Broda Cal (roughing), 13:48; Niemi Sas (holding), 17:20; McNaught Sas (unsportsmanlike cnd., major-fighting), 19:44; Burgart Cal (unsportsmanlike cnd., major-fighting), 19:44.

2nd Period-1, Saskatoon, Elliott 3 (Hamilton, Toomey), 8:54. 2, Saskatoon, Hamilton 4 (Niemi, Gallimore), 13:41. 3, Saskatoon, Boyer 2 (Nicholls, Thrower), 17:17.

Penalties-Wintoneak Sas (hooking), 0:23; Fiddler Cal (usc diving), 0:23.

3rd Period-4, Saskatoon, Benson 1 (McNaught, Thrower), 2:38. 5, Saskatoon, Patterson 4 (Hulak), 13:06 (pp). 6, Calgary, Fiddler 7 (Kozun, Rissling), 13:39.

Penalties-Nicholls Sas (elbowing), 4:11; Kozun Cal (tripping), 7:58; McNaught Sas (checking from behind), 10:33; Burgart Cal (inter. on goaltender), 12:52; Burgart Cal (10-minute misconduct), 14:10; Siemens Sas (delay of game), 19:44.

Shots on Goal-Saskatoon 8-13-10-31. Calgary 14-3-7-24.

Power Play Opportunities-Saskatoon 1 of 3; Calgary 0 of 5.

Goalies-Saskatoon, Morrison 4-2-0-2 (24 shots-23 saves). Calgary, Snider 4-1-0-0 (31 shots-26 saves).

A-7,313

Referees-Trevor Hanson, Brett Montsion.
Linesmen-Michael Roberts (87), Scott Sharun (103).