PDA

View Full Version : Learning to win

grainbear
10-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Well done Canes an excellent road victory ! Yes Rowat was good but the team is getting better and better with no real superstars but a lunch bucket crew that is getting the job done. Let's win this one tonight In Regina for Rowat as his efforts last night sure helped get the job one for the team.

Bocephus
10-17-2009, 10:15 AM
That's a quality victory. This new found dedication to defense is starting to yield results.

Btw, I took in the Kootenay/Spokane game last night in Cranbrook. Kyle Beach was his typical train wreck. His penalties cost his team the game and after the final penalty he returned to the bench and Sauter the coach berated him for about 15 seconds. I just sat with a giant smile on my face.
Anyway, back to the Canes. Good stuff!!

sbtatter
10-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Your canes outworked us. Very impressive work ethic. Not pretty, but who cares, I'd like to see the same gritty effort from my team.

Bare Bear
10-17-2009, 11:34 AM
A win in Brandon last night should go a long way to bringing the morale up. While it is true that Linden made a lot of pretty good saves, the fact that the defense let him see most of the shots helps a lot. Mestery played a bit better and is making much more intelligent decisions, but still needs to get into the dirty areas a little bit more. We are not going to the cup this year, but I have no doubt we will make the playoffs and I figure we will go more than one round. Once we do make the playoff, there is no telling what will happen. Ride a hot goalie and have all 20 players buy into the system, there will be nobody that will want to face the Hurricanes this year. EVERYBODY reading this please bring a buddy to the game. We need to sell out every single game to keep this team in the 'Bridge and to keep it community owned. GO CANES GO.applause

BB

Connected
10-17-2009, 11:59 AM
BB, can you elaborate on 'keep the team in the Bridge"? Not sure if you can or not, but I didn't think there was a need to be concerned about the team moving. I didn't follow the last board meetings or AGM, but obviously knew there were some tensions but didn't think it had gotten that far.

localguy
10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
I thought they played a real good road game last night, it wasn't all about Rowat, the boys shut down Brandon, and didn't really let them have much for quality opportunities. Great effort, and a full 60 by all.

On a side note: The team is staying, regardless. Scare tactics imo. We will never sell out every game, let's be realistic. When we won the league we didn't even sell out on any sort of consistent basis. Most teams don't, and at $60 just to get my family of four in the door, we won't be selling out a ton games this year either, not in this economy. Besides, 3 home games out of 14 isn't going to help. Attendance has been good on the 2 weekend games, weekday games always have a light turnout. If they want to sell out and have more walk up sales perhaps they should offer family packs, or some other sort of promo on a regular basis. What would be better, selling all the seats at a little lower price, or having an empty building? Even with charging a little less for admission, you make money off of concessions. The year after year price increases just don't jive with my bank account (this being the first in many that there hasn't been an increase.)