PDA

View Full Version : Game 12-Hitmen 6 at Rebels 3

Hitmen1
10-20-2009, 02:31 PM
The Hitmen travel up the QE2 today and face their rivals from Red Deer. It is the 3rd meeting of the season between the 2 teams, the Hitmen have won both previous games by scores of 6-2 and 3-2. It will be interesting to see who starts in goal for the Hitmen as they play again tomorrow night vs the Oil Kings. This game is also the start of 4 games in 6 nights for the Hitmen.

I expect the Rebels to come out and play a good game, they have won 3 in a row and will use this as a measuring stick.

The game is only online tonight.

Being a RD season ticket holder, I will have a full recap following the game tonight.

hockey4
10-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Great game overall, back and forth all night. Its to bad Smith had to get involved in the second, and ruined the chance for the players to decide the game. Full marks to the Hitmen for taking advantage of a riled up and pissed off Rebels team on the PP.

Rebel~66
10-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Great game overall, back and forth all night. Its to bad Smith had to get involved in the second, and ruined the chance for the players to decide the game. Full marks to the Hitmen for taking advantage of a riled up and pissed off Rebels team on the PP.

Diplomatic post, hockey4. Mine would be much more P.O.ed to be perfectly honest.

However, you are right. Full marks to the Hitmen for taking advantage of a shoddy refereeing display. A few Hitmen fans I spoke to where even amazed at Smith.

The Hitmen are a REALLY good hockey team again this season. They simply don't need to get the game gift wrapped for them like that.

Hitmen1
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Interesting to read comments on the incident from last night. I will give my opinions in a second.

The game was actually very close with the Rebels controlling much of the play through the first period. The Hitmen didn't really have any jump until they scored a goal. Marty Jones made several big saves and had some pucks just go wide of the net. The 2nd was very much like the first. Then came the turning point and here is my take:

Cowen was tripped into the boards by Fiddler who then hit Cowen as he going down, to me that is a 2 minute penalty for tripping. Deagle got what he deserved, but he also did what a teammate is suppose to do and that is defend him teammate. Now on to Wallin, Pat Smith is an idiot, everyone knows it, but he did give Wallin a chance to speak his mind about the non-call however, once Smith skated away that should have been the end of it. Wallin was furious and decided to slam the door, that is unsportsmanlike and he hurt his team, Wallin cost his team another penalty and they paid the price.

My concern came after the Hitmen scored the first power play goal. I thought that the bench minor penalty would be done on that goal but Smith wiped out the first half of the double minor which kept the Hitmen on a 5 on 3.