PDA

View Full Version : Rebels aquire defenceman

Shinyshoes
10-21-2009, 08:27 PM
The Rebels announced today that they have aquired 18 year old Aaron Borejko from the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for a 4th round pick in the 2010 entry draft.

SND - you got your wish for another defenceman....

SectionNDeserter
10-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Excellent! We needed 7 defensemen for some depth and insurance (5 defensemen right now), and it also gives us another 91, which is an age we don't have a lot of. Some of the blueliners might play with a little more motivation and consistency, if they know there is someone waiting to step in and put them up in the pressbox.

Rebel~66
10-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Well that's great news. An Edmonton kid will feel right at home here. Looks to be a solid stay at home type. Nothing wrong with that.

Good move.

tiny
10-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Greg Drinnan's column says that Bell's injury is a hairline fracture of an ankle. I wonder how long that will take to heal.

rebel
10-22-2009, 09:52 AM
question about this trade. the stats on Aaron Borejko he has played 2 years in the whl and has registerd 1 goal and 6 assists in 61 games. now i know stats arent everything but does this mean he is strictly a dman with limited offensive skill or has he not developed fully yet.

hockey4
10-22-2009, 10:49 AM
question about this trade. the stats on Aaron Borejko he has played 2 years in the whl and has registerd 1 goal and 6 assists in 61 games. now i know stats arent everything but does this mean he is strictly a dman with limited offensive skill or has he not developed fully yet.

Could be a combination. I dont feel it is neccesary at all for him to be offensive. We have enough firepower to cover that department. Plus he's not playing on the pp, which is where many d-men pad their stats. he can hang around the red line for all i care, just keep it out of our net.

SectionNDeserter
10-22-2009, 04:02 PM
We have a few defensemen already that are capable of putting up points. Petrovic should do ok when he returns, Morin, and Bell have shown that they can put up offensive numbers. What we need most of all right now is a defenseman that can eat up some minutes, and not be a liability on the back end. If he develops into a powerplay quarterback or something, that is a bonus, but I doubt that is expected of him.

Rebel~66
10-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm sure that the Rebels were looking for a steady stay-at-home type defenceman, not an offensive juggernaut. From all accounts that is exactly what they've got.

RDRebelsfan
10-22-2009, 10:47 PM
From what I've been told, Borejko skates well, is not a threat offensively, plays the simple game. But needs to amp up the physical side of his game.