PDA

View Full Version : Broncos content?

sectionL
10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Not wanting to questionLamb's techniques or GM ability, i am surprised with his choices not to make any moves to this point. At one time i would have been very choosy on who he dealt but with watching most games this year i would say a select few are safe. ie eakin dowling wagner hoban and the rookies. I would say our twenty's haven't played like twenty's and may be getting shopped around. any opinions? and as far as saying we're sellers is a farce. We can ice a competitive team with the likes of brandon and saskatoon.

CrazyGeorge
10-21-2009, 09:29 PM
I am surprised too that Mr. Lamb hasn't made any moves yet. Those players you mentioned I'd agree on. Just think when Tassone returns what our forwards would look like...pretty impressive. I think we all have our thoughts on what could happen when Tassone is eligable to play. I partially think that maybe something could occur and be packaged together when Tassone returns to the lineup. Just a thought. Who knows.

Toswammi
10-22-2009, 01:49 PM
While i disagree with the thought that we should acquire talent for this years season (i think the entire Eastern Conference is up for grabs next year, and we have some really good talent coming back to help out), we do have 15 forwards on the roster. So i assume with Tassone coming back soon, we will make a move to drop that number by a player.

trucker
10-22-2009, 02:40 PM
While I have always loved having a tough guy on the team, I wonder what good it could bring with the W.H.L.'S changing of the rules when it comes to fighting, the new rules suck! With the big penalty minutes lost due to fighting, having a tough guy may not be the answer. We need some solid 18 and 19 year old d-men. Just my opinion, but I think the league should change the fighting rules, fighting brings fans and NEEDS to be in hockey!

2,5,andagame
10-23-2009, 11:17 AM
I think a big part of it is Lamb is still in the feeling out process. He is still seeing what the team is made up of, and probably hasn't seen enough of other teams to know which players he would want to acquire. Coming directly from the NHL he isn't familiar with the players and prospects for the W. Not to open a can of worms here but when you compare Lamb to Habscheid, Habby had a couple years of watching the league and the up and comers. Habscheid has made quite a few deals but has been in the loop for the last couple years, whereas Lamb has not.

I am impressed with his use of the younger players and could see him getting this team even younger. Trading vets for young players, prospects, draft picks at the trade deadline. I don't think we need to do to much yet, watch the game tonight and see how we line up against Saskatoon.

As for the tough guy debate, I'm on the fence. It would be nice to add some, but where do you find it. Guys who can fight and play are hard to find. The knuckledragger is dead and which player do you want in the stands to let a one dimensional player sit on the middle of the bench for most of the game.

d-man
10-23-2009, 06:23 PM
The two moves Lamb needs to make are 1)either give Sirard playing time so he can develop or move Clark, 2) pick up a hard hitting dman that can hold the line on the PP

The knuckle dragger days are gone. The style of Dane Crowley is necessary. You don't need a guy who fights everything that moves, just a guy who will put someone through the boards if there's a cheap shot on our scorers.