PDA

View Full Version : Game 13: vs Kamloops

Toswammi
10-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Real team win last night, with Doyle going down with an injury early on, the other five defensemen and all of the forwards played a solid game in both ends of the ice. Can't say how impressed i am with the team defense they played yesterday.

Also was suprised there wasn't any scraps last night. Kamloops came in playing chippy hockey (stickwork and a lot of holding up players) and i thought that the ref (Skilliter) really went old school with what to call (calling the game like it is the late 90's). I guess i could add the customary "We need a tough guy sentence to protect our players line here".

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
10-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Great effort by the team overall but the powerplay is totally non existent and went 0-5.

Toswammi
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Great effort by the team overall but the powerplay is totally non existent and went 0-5.

I think some of that can be because of Doyle leaving half way through. I find the outlet out of our zone centers around him and in that respect they looked a little lost.

CrazyGeorge
10-22-2009, 10:57 PM
I agree that there is usually a big difference when Doyle is not in the lineup. We really need to have him in our lineup every night...we actually need him and a clone of him (perhaps of a 18 or 19 year old variety). Two 20's, two 16's, two 17, and one 18 year old dman...it's been said before but I'll say it again, I feel we need a 19 year old dmen and/or an 18 year old dman. It's wishful thinking...I really like Lamb. His forechecking implemented into this team has shown big things already this year. I see he has a strong group of 15 year olds coming in to battle for spots next year and it would be difficult to acquire vet dman because probably would mean getting rid of some sort of youth. It's just my thoughts, we'll see as the year progresses.

Toswammi
10-22-2009, 11:55 PM
A solid puck moving 18/19 yr old defenseman could also make Doyle expendable...which is interesting because i see him as having the most value of our 20's in the trade market.