PDA

View Full Version : Dash for cash?

Priceisright
10-23-2009, 03:54 PM
How do they select participants? I don't remember any announcement in previous yrs? All of sudden these people showed up on the ice.

Of course I probably wasn't listening lol

rinkrat
10-23-2009, 04:34 PM
How do they select participants? I don't remember any announcement in previous yrs? All of sudden these people showed up on the ice.

Of course I probably wasn't listening lol

Not sure, but it helps if you are Australian.
Its always some foreign kids from Australia or Brazil. Must be some back room deal going on with a school for foreign students or something.
Seems kind of lame to always have an Aussie in the contests.

Priceisright
10-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Ya, see and you goto all the games? I goto lots as well over the past 6-7yrs. Very strange and as you mention some back-room deal. :mad:

Priceisright
10-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Okay I got a response from the Marketing guy for the Giants.

"Randomly chosen seat locations.....just that simple. Mind you there are a couple of pre-determined participants each year from radio contests, auctions, etc, but the vast majority of fan participants are random winners. "

*shrug* doesn't explain the process in getting those "random seat locations" ...do they draw? tickets?

Anyways I know its probably silly of me spending time on this lol but I just like transparency.

rinkrat
10-24-2009, 12:29 AM

"Randomly chosen seat locations.....just that simple. Mind you there are a couple of pre-determined participants each year from radio contests, auctions, etc, but the vast majority of fan participants are random winners. "

*shrug* doesn't explain the process in getting those "random seat locations" ...do they draw? tickets?

Anyways I know its probably silly of me spending time on this lol but I just like transparency.

I was referring more to the regular intermission contests. Usually for the Dash for Cash or Vegas night promotions its random seat #s posted on the scoreboard.

GF71
10-24-2009, 02:07 AM

In this instance, game night volunteer staff walk around the seating areas and concourse just after the doors open and pick the contestants that way. However there are always a couple of long term season ticket holders involved.