PDA

View Full Version : Mappin

tiny
10-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Greg Drinnen's column noted,"Among the Giants scratches was F Cass Mappin, who was acquired earlier in the month from the Red Deer Rebels for F Andrej Kudrna. Earlier in the week, Vancouver head coach Don Hay had expressed concern about Mappin’s work ethic." I have since heard that he was ill. I hope that is all it was. I had hoped for Cass's sake that new home, new team, new atmosphere would allow Cass to shine.
On this end, Kudrna has fit in very well on the top line. The Rebels will have nice line decisions to make once Ferrero is healthy.
Does Seattle have any D for trade?

Brandonite
10-25-2009, 08:20 PM
I heard form some really good sources here in Brandon that it was his attitude that got him out of Red Deer. This might already be something fans in Red Deer know about, but apparently him and Wallin had it out near the end of his Rebel days. The word I got was that Mappin felt he deserved #1 or #2 line duties as a center but Wallin was not prepared to do that over Ferraro & Nugent-Hopkins but gave Mappin the opportunity to play on the wing with those players for a chance to still get plenty of points but he refused it. He felt he should be playing th ebig minutes, so he needs to earn that now and prove it!