PDA

View Full Version : Trying to put a spin on things....

patsdude114
10-25-2009, 11:34 AM
So far in this early season the Pats have lost 5 games by 1 goal. The Pats are in games right til the end but none the less the Pats still have 5 L in those games.

The Pats have yet to dress there a full line-up, due to NHL camps, injuries, & illness. Again tonight the Pats will be without at least Strueby due to a concussion. Hopfully tonight back at home the Pats can get back into the win colum.

These 1 goal loses dont frustrate me, especially considering after last years season where i was leaving the game mid way thru the 2nd period. I cant complain with the on-ice product this season. The games have been very entertaining, even the game we lost 5-0 to the Hitmen it was a very good hockey game for 5-0. With that said though i really hope the Pats can hit some sort of a winning streak. The Pats head out on there yearly western swing soon (2 weeks away i believe) we all know that can be a very tough trip going .500 on that trip is usually considered a success. The Pats need to be playing .500 hockey before they head out west or we will fade down in the standing or farther away from the pack depending where we are at the time. Right now the basement doesnt look too good.

witness
10-25-2009, 01:55 PM
I agree.
I don't think the Pats are as bad as people think.
The toughest thing to teach is how to win.
I do hope the boys have some success soon, because losing does wear on you.
As much as it pains me to say, I think that Parker has done some good deals to try to upgrade the team (Carson & Hutt). Bell looks like the real deal, Davidson is a find and Weal needs to have a good draft year. The Pats need Mitchell, Hutt, Hood and Pym to really step up and show that they have arrived. Instead of just being players with potential.
I like Mulder's game. A steady 2 way player with above average faceoff skills. I really like Ketlo, he is a goalie that can steal games. And we should remember that the Pats have a huge assist playing in the SJHL that other teams are more than just kicking tires about. This is still a fairly inexperienced and young team.
If I hear one more person start to rant that we need to trade Eberle, I am going to snap. Do you not realize what a treat it is to watch a player like that? There is not a team out there that will give you equal value back. Sure you will get a player with 'potential'. we already have players with potential. Once in every 10 to 15 years do we (Pats fans) get to watch a player of Eberle's caliber develop right in front of our eyes. And if fans can't come out to watch a guy like that, what makes you think they will come out to watch a team that has 'potential'?vc178

patsdude114
10-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Parker wont be trading Eberle, Parker has made it very clear that players like Eberle & Tuebert dont come around very often together in junior hockey. If you havent noticed Parker is trying to add more depth around these players to give us a chance at a playoff run. There is more to come from Parker. The Pats have yet to play a game with there full line-up.

With that additions of Hutt, Carlson & Gustafsson the Pats finally have some depth with offensive skill. Finally got to see Carlson play last night & i can see why the Tigers wanted Mason Logan in return. Carlson is only 18 with 2 full seasons under his belt, moves the puck well, most likely probably 1 of the best 18 yr old puck moving Dmen in the league. Yes he is on the small side but is still pretty solid. Gustafsson got his 1st WHL goal last night on a great shot this swede has skills, at times he looks abit lost but he is still adapting to the north american game.

As for the Raider guys comment above about Chipchura, it wasnt that Chipchura has elite skill, he was though the best 2 way C this league has seen in a very long time. Chipchura wouldnt of brought in that much of a return as fans think, which is why the Raiders kept him cause im sure they thought his value was worth more then what was being offered back in return, cuz after all he was just a 2 way forward nothing to put you over the top. Which is why he has been stuck in the minors for so long, but it is nice that he is getting a chance this year in Montreal.

witness
10-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Not trading Chipchura was not the down fall of the Raider organization. It was a poor scouting unit and bad drafts. The Raiders record of drafting and developing young talent the the past 5 or 6 years has been poor.

sbtatter
10-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I think the Pats should trade Eberle and Teubert, similar to what the Blades did with seto. We should have traded away Aulie last year to help build the team for this year. The Pats aren't going to be serious contenders this year, so trade your best assets for the future, just as Molloken did...

patsdude114
10-29-2009, 11:06 AM
If you read in the Leader-Post today in the WHL talk, Parker has said if we can get on a bit of a roll by xmas he will be adding players.

This will most likely be the last year the Parker's own this club. As Sillinger & Heward are said to be very serious about buying this club. Sillinger is very active with the club at practises. Comes in at least once a week, Hewards has been at 2 practises that i know of working with the defense. They got there fingers in the team already, getting more famliar with the players. Parker doesnt want to go out with his last season as GM as a non playoff team, he wants to go farther then the 2nd round of the playoffs. He will make every effort to add player(s) to give him the best chance at something more then a 2nd round playoff exit to his tenture of a GM for like 15 yrs.

sbtatter
10-29-2009, 02:33 PM
If you read in the Leader-Post today in the WHL talk, Parker has said if we can get on a bit of a roll by xmas he will be adding players.

This will most likely be the last year the Parker's own this club. As Sillinger & Heward are said to be very serious about buying this club. Sillinger is very active with the club at practises. Comes in at least once a week, Hewards has been at 2 practises that i know of working with the defense. They got there fingers in the team already, getting more famliar with the players. Parker doesnt want to go out with his last season as GM as a non playoff team, he wants to go farther then the 2nd round of the playoffs. He will make every effort to add player(s) to give him the best chance at something more then a 2nd round playoff exit to his tenture of a GM for like 15 yrs.

Well the WK part of me really hopes Parker goes for it, because I can't see you having a succesful run and you'll have mortgaged your future for nothing.
But the neutral part of me wonders why an earth a franchise would try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, build for the future as your neighbours to the North have done....

hockeyfan123
11-03-2009, 06:23 PM
I cant believe that Travis Sparrow is still on the club. I would be sending him to the SJHL and maybe call him up if the team needs him. He would get more ice time in the SJHL and would be better than sitting on the bench. Also how much longer can we wait for Favreau? I think he could be another guy we could send to the SJHL for conditioning and let him play alot of ice time and next year call him back again. Just my thoughts..

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Sparrow is a good 10 minutes per game type of player. A 7th defenceman. Plays gritty and well defensively...and thats it, but at least hes better than reinhart was and at least he isnt playing 30 minutes like it seemed derek did.

Favreau suffered from last year when he should have played a year of midget, I totally called it. He was average with beardys blackhawks, while Hood and Weal were both great players in midget, so they were ready to take it to the next level. Even Slobo was ppg in highschool so I could at least see why he was considered for the WHL. Tendler was the friggin MVP and we sent him down, yet we kept Favreau up probably solely because he was our first round bantam pick.

The kids just not working here. Really, the only positives is that hes feisty and kind of fast. He would probably fare better on another team.If I were Parker, Id move him at the deadline perhaps like a metz for stoesz type of trade. Pick up a goon/character leader player.

witness
11-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Sparrow could become a valuable player for the Pats. Remember that over Christmas, the Pats will be missing Tuebert, Bell and most likely Borstmeyer. Sparrow can eat up some of those minutes.
Favreau is did not come as advertised, but if he can become the defensive forward that is a pain in the rearend to play against, I am OK with that. He does skate well and yaps at the opposition the entire shift. So he might be well on the way.
Hood reminds me of Bernhardt. You can see the potential. Sometimes the effort is there and sometimes it's not.
Now that Metz is gone, I wonder if the Pats will call up Froese or make a trade to fill that extra forward position.