PDA

View Full Version : Would You?

Allin44
10-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Trade a couple prospects and either trade Urbom to Lethbridge, elsewhere, or release him, for Sbisa?

sbtatter
10-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Trade a couple prospects and either trade Urbom to Lethbridge, elsewhere, or release him, for Sbisa?

No, I don't think so, unless it was a straight trade.

Brandonite
10-25-2009, 08:14 PM
No, I don't think so, unless it was a straight trade.

I'd trade Urbom and say someone like Klarc Wilson or Brenden Walker for Luca Sbisa in a second. I haven't been at all overly impressed with Urbom, I expected alot more out of him. He's a good player, I gues my personal expectations of him were alot higher. Sbisa is a true gamer!

dagley
10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
I would package a deal to Lethbridge Sbisa/Ashton for Urbom, Wilson, 1st rnd and maybe even a top prospect.

localguy
10-25-2009, 10:24 PM
I would package a deal to Lethbridge Sbisa/Ashton for Urbom, Wilson, 1st rnd and maybe even a top prospect.

I don't think that that is enough, two of the top roster players in the league both first round draft picks, that are only 18 and 19. I really think there would have to be a much sweeter offer than that on the table. Maybe throw a Stone, or a Depape in the deal and who knows.

Allin44
10-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Im not sold we need to bring in another top 3 - 6 forward

Allin44
10-25-2009, 10:39 PM
also if you are going to give up that first, I'd rather keep Urbom and try to grab Eberle and Teubert

Allin44
10-25-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't think that that is enough, two of the top roster players in the league both first round draft picks, that are only 18 and 19. I really think there would have to be a much sweeter offer than that on the table. Maybe throw a Stone, or a Depape in the deal and who knows.

Id give you Depape.

Sbisa absolutely will not be back next year. Ashton probably would be, but if you stock up on 16 and 17 year olds, you are probably 2 years away from being a legit contender anyways.

dagley
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
They are reporting he wont report to Lethbridge, his agent is saying they want to explore the best option for him in junior.

Joe Hallenback
10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't deal for him. I think once Urbom settles in he will be just as good as Sbisa

This team needs to add

Power Forward for the top 6
A big crease clearing defenceman

Carter Ashton
Brayden McNabb

It would take something huge to get both of those guys but That for me would do it

Eberle
Teubert

Have to wait until Regina packs in for this to happen.

I am thinking we won't see any serious movement until after the World Juniors

Bocephus
10-27-2009, 12:13 PM
McNabb is a beauty. I love watching him play. He is the complete package. Big, nasty, competes, leads, and has a finesse side of his game.

dagley
10-27-2009, 12:34 PM
You would think we would make a deal before the World Juniors, don't you think? The possibility of losing Schenn, Glennie, Robak, Urbom and Rajala...that's a big blow to our lineup. All be it, Rajala/Urbom are pretty much locks, supposedly for their respective countries. One would think Schenn will make Team Canada and the other two have a good shot as well.

Joe Hallenback
10-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I figure we lose the guys for 5 games

Allin44
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
You would think we would make a deal before the World Juniors, don't you think? The possibility of losing Schenn, Glennie, Robak, Urbom and Rajala...that's a big blow to our lineup. All be it, Rajala/Urbom are pretty much locks, supposedly for their respective countries. One would think Schenn will make Team Canada and the other two have a good shot as well.

Its five games and it gives those 3rd and 4th line guys a chance to get big minutes

dagley
10-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Five games is still ten points and can make a huge difference

Allin44
10-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Five games is still ten points and can make a huge difference

Teams go through it every year. You don't make roster changes to cover yourself for five games.

sbtatter
10-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Any good players we trade for should also be eligible for the WJC (unless they're O/A), so I wouldn't make deals just to cover for WJC. Besides, other top teams will also lose players to the WJC. At the moment, we'll lose Urbom and Rajala guaranteed, Robak and Glennie will likely go to camp and get cut, and Schenn, who knows, the way he's been inconsistent he might not make it either will he?

Vik
10-27-2009, 05:22 PM
At the moment, we'll lose Urbom and Rajala guaranteed, Robak and Glennie will likely go to camp and get cut, and Schenn, who knows, the way he's been inconsistent he might not make it either will he?

I think Schenner will step it up for the junior camp. He might just be going through Getzlafitis. I haven't seen him so I can't say but you may remember Ryan Getzlaf wasn't exactly a dominant player late in his junior career (except when he wanted to be). I also think Glennie's a good bet but I haven't really checked out who all is eligible. But I agree with you on Robak getting cut.

Brandonite
10-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Colby Robak will not play for Team Canada IMO. He turns the puck away far too much for that. Nothing against him, but I think he would turn the puck away far too much in a tournament like that where it would really bite him in the ass. His offence isn't a question but I think his defence definitely would be at that event.