PDA

View Full Version : Win, win..

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
10-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Hurricanes were double winners tonight! 3 goal comeback against the "JAW" and they win again with Sbisa coming back. On the post-game show Carter Bancks said it was announced in the dressing room that he had been reassigned to the Hurricanes. I would guess that they will keep him around and see what it does for this team and then see what teams coming a calling for his services. Preston could get a lot for Sbisa. One thing is sure, that likely spells the end of Valchar a 20 year old Euro who has done nothing since his two goals in Red Deer. :groovy:

Bocephus
10-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Hurricanes were double winners tonight! 3 goal comeback against the "JAW" and they win again with Sbisa coming back. On the post-game show Carter Bancks said it was announced in the dressing room that he had been reassigned to the Hurricanes. I would guess that they will keep him around and see what it does for this team and then see what teams coming a calling for his services. Preston could get a lot for Sbisa. One thing is sure, that likely spells the end of Valchar a 20 year old Euro who has done nothing since his two goals in Red Deer. :groovy:
Both Euros were scratched tonight.
I guess this also means we could pick up a 20 as well.

This has been a banner day for the Bridge.

I am surprised that Valchar hasn't worked out. Based on last season's stats and his first game in a Canes jersey it looked like he was going to be a solid addition.

Is it possible that Sbisa and Ashton aren't traded and other pieces are added and the Canes could contend? The way Preston approached things I wouldn't be surprised to see him take that route. I wouldn't endorse it but I wouldn't be shocked either.

I'd love to see trades made and bring in high end prospects the likes of Rattie, Stone, Ross, Siemens, St. Croix or a Benson type.

Caner
10-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Both Euros were scratched tonight.
I guess this also means we could pick up a 20 as well.

This has been a banner day for the Bridge.

I'd love to see trades made and bring in high end prospects the likes of Rattie, Stone, Ross, Siemens, St. Croix or a Benson type.

It was obvious that vulchar was not good enough to be a two spot player. No one will pick him up in the dub. Add an euro and another tweny.

Good luck getting one of those good prospects. Those teams won't trade a top prospect like that for a one year player, unless stasiuk is back in the league.

scrawny69
10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
:confused:I am on the fence on this one on wether we should trade Luca for some prospects (very good prospects) or keep him until the trade deadline and see where we stand first???!!!:confused:

:skepticalI know one thing for sure..putting Sbisa and Ashton in a package deal is a STUPID idea (one created by Wheatking fans)!!
We could get big returns for both of them if we trade them to seperate contenders at the deadline!!

vci34IMO it would be Sbisa to Portland for a couple of scoring forwards and a prospect or high draft pick then Ashton to Brandon for two defensmen high draft pick (1st round) and rights to a top prospect??

Maybe asking for a bit to much but both these kids could give these teams the push they need going into the playoffs!!vc178

Connected
10-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I am torn on this too, but a nice position to be in!

Unless we get an exceptional offer now, and I think it would have to be exceptional, I think Preston might keep them until the trade deadline and decide then. It's a freebie to get Luca back and really a couple more 16 or 17 year olds does little for us this year, but a solid scoring forward and a solid defenceman would go a long way....Based on the little I know of Preston, I'd be surprised not to see Luca play at least a game or two to evaluate the differences made by having him in the lineup before anything happens.

Sid's Monday night talk show might be a good one tonight.

Bocephus
10-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Even if Luca is kept this means that Valchar is gone which means we can add a 20 and also a defenseman will probably be reassigned. Any opinions on who that would be? Why wasn't Oslanski in the lineup last night?
Regardless, there should be a trickle down of transactions to follow. Amazing how a WHL roster is always a work in progress.

scrawny69
10-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I would send Jackson down to develop a little and I know I have said it on here before Ryan Kerr is out there somewherevc119vci34

jkanes
10-26-2009, 05:05 PM
ok heres my opinion on this. We keep Sbisa and Ashton til' the trade deadline so we can get well over 500 then we ship sbisa and/or ashton to brandon b/c im sure they want a good team if they're hosting the mem cup. But we'll have to wait and see. Preston don't seem like the guy who looks forward to the next season and beyond. Its this year that im sure he's focusing on!

moon
10-26-2009, 05:38 PM
I don't see the point in keeping Sbisa and Ashton to make a push for the 7th spot and maybe get 2 or 3 play-offs games at home when we would be in terrible shape for next season.

Keeping them until the trade deadline only reduces the return that we get and with the talent the organization has right now I am not sure we can afford to take that reduction in return.

The team isn't doing anything this year so much better to make sure the team is looking good going forward.

The only reason you don't make a deal is that the GM isn't really able to handle it and is likely to f it up.