PDA

View Full Version : Cougars Welcome NCAA Division 1 Goalie Hudson Stremmel

Malc
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Prince George Cougars General Manager Dallas Thompson announced Tuesday the Cougars have added 18-year old goaltender Hudson Stremmel to the roster.

Stremmel, who hails from Reno, Nevada, comes to the Cougars after starting the 2009-10 season with the NCAA Division 1 Colorado College Tigers of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association. Last year, Stremmel played for the Chicago Steel of the United States Hockey League, going 18-14-1-2 with a goals against average of 3.19 and an .895 save percentage.

“It’s really exciting and is a great opportunity for me. The people in the organization seem really great. It’s just really exciting.” Said Stremmel, a 2006 Bantam Draft pick of the Chilliwack Bruins. “I’m looking forward to getting some playing time and it just seems like a great fit for me."

http://www.whl.ca/cougars-welcome-ncaa-division-1-goalie-hudson-stremmel-p138470

Arthur Fonzerelli
10-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Stremmel wasn't getting any playing time at Colorado. He was the the #3 goalie and had only 1 period of NCAA experience in an exhibition game against the Univ of Calgary Dinos

the flying moose
10-29-2009, 11:12 AM
So now we have Alex Wright and Hudson Stremmel as goalies.

Alex Wright has 3-4 WHL games since 06-07. Hudson Stremmel has no WHL experience. This could be interesting. Although I liked how Wright looked when we beat the Bruins the other night. More ice time and he could be pretty decent I think.