PDA

View Full Version : Lethbridge Online Feed

Allin44
10-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Any idea what the video is like out of Lethbridge..

I'm boycotting halloween and want to watch..

Allin44
10-31-2009, 07:08 PM
I bought it, its bad.. ****

Allin44
10-31-2009, 07:24 PM
what a fight by Miller.. first punch is a big right that knocks the guys lid off.. guy is leaking pretty bad

booboo
10-31-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm not sure how McCrimmon thinks that Hayes is a Mem Cup quality goaltender. He has been awful in his last few games--gives up far too many bad goals. He is a real momentum killer. C'mon Kelly find a real goalie PLEASE.We fans are all waiting for this team to get going. I hope they know how to flip the switch.vc124

Allin44
10-31-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure how McCrimmon thinks that Hayes is a Mem Cup quality goaltender. He has been awful in his last few games--gives up far too many bad goals. He is a real momentum killer. C'mon Kelly find a real goalie PLEASE.We fans are all waiting for this team to get going. I hope they know how to flip the switch.vc124

Realistically, who is AVAILABLE for goalies(19 year olds). There isn't much depth in the league like last year where we had the Tokarski, Holtby, Pickard etc. Calgary has two good goalies but there is somewhere between 0 and 0 chance they trade us a goalie.

Guggenberger would be good when/if he gets healthy, but with Kelowna hovering int he cutoff in the west I don't see him being traded.

Everett might decide to get some prospects back for their goalie, but is he an upgrade?

Realistically we need to find a team thats out of contention to trade with, and none of them have much for goalies.

One of Portlands goalies? They are in contention in the west and they have a good chunk of their team as 18 and 19 year olds.

Rowat from Lethbridge would likely be available, but we could have had him for pretty much nothing a few weeks ago, and hes 20 and I dont know that hes enough of an upgrade to justify getting rid of one of our 20s.

Reginas goalies are junk

If Edmonton is mired in the 8-ish spot this year they may decide to sell and Jung could maybe be had. But again, hes a 20, so we need to get rid of Lewadniuk in the process, and bring in one more top 6 forward than we would have to otherwise.

PA even if they are in that 8 or 9 spot probably doesn't sell their season off as they probably need the 2 games of revenue they would get in the playoffs if they make it.

Lieuwin from KTN isn't an upgrade and their other tender who looks to be getting the bulk of the game is only 18 so he's probably going nowhere.

Seattle isn't making the playoffs but they also aren't trading Pickard.

Medicine Hats goalies aren't very good. The only reason Med Hat is where they are in the standings is they have scored a pile of goals.

So unless you know something I don't, its going to be tough to get an upgrade this year

booboo
10-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Don't give that sh--. There has to be a better goalie than Hayes out there.vc124

booboo
10-31-2009, 10:24 PM
We would be better off to bring in Liam Liston even though he is only 16---He's the top goalie in the alberta AAA midget league.clrkthj

Allin44
10-31-2009, 10:28 PM
Don't give that sh--. There has to be a better goalie than Hayes out there.vc124

Find one then.

And Liston? You're either trolling or just.. I don't know.. high?

Allin44
10-31-2009, 10:33 PM
I think Hayes is a fine backup isnt he?

Who's starting?

dagley
10-31-2009, 10:33 PM
We give up way to many goals, its that simple.

Allin44
10-31-2009, 10:37 PM
We give up way to many goals, its that simple.

This is true. I only have watched a couple games via online feed so far(going to 3 games in a couple weeks when Im back!). But I know on a few of them tonight, Hayes had no chance. One was a goal mouth scrum where it may have been kicked in - by the way - Hayes got up and gave the ref a bit of a shove, suprised he didn't get rung up, wondering if the WHL will do anything on review.

Another was a cross ice pass on an odd man rush that the guy stepped into.

booboo
10-31-2009, 10:38 PM
Allin look around a little harder---you can do it--come onclrkthj

Allin44
10-31-2009, 10:42 PM
Allin look around a little harder---you can do it--come onclrkthj

Believe me, I would love nothing more than an upgrade, but its not a great year to need one.

WorkHorse
10-31-2009, 11:42 PM
what a fight by Miller.. first punch is a big right that knocks the guys lid off.. guy is leaking pretty bad

We were in a restaurant after the game and saw Miller's victim. Oh my that has to hurt!

Allin44
10-31-2009, 11:46 PM
We were in a restaurant after the game and saw Miller's victim. Oh my that has to hurt!

where was he cut? Im guessing that millers punch caught the guys visor and the guys visor caught his face

wheat_city
11-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Find one then.

And Liston? You're either trolling or just.. I don't know.. high?

good one ? lol maybe he just thinks the goalie sucks sh*t which it looks like is true judging by the stats. bring in some fifteen year olds this hayes dude is a douche. our team is most likely going to miss out on the playoffs or barely sneak in and get swept by calgary first round. lets face it kelly is a terrible coach.

sbtatter
11-01-2009, 10:22 AM
good one ? lol maybe he just thinks the goalie sucks sh*t which it looks like is true judging by the stats. bring in some fifteen year olds this hayes dude is a douche. our team is most likely going to miss out on the playoffs or barely sneak in and get swept by calgary first round. lets face it kelly is a terrible coach.

I think you're kidding, hey?
Anyway, if hayes isn't your favourite, Deserres has put up some nice numbers with us. If you compare his WK numbers to hayes and extrapolate them into the rankings

Hayes 2.73 (7th) 0.903 (11th)
Deserres 2.28 (2nd) 0.918 (4th)

(Edit;Actually deserres would be below Stanford if you just take Stanfords Sk #'s)

So, maybe we have our goalie already, and we can concentrate on finding 3 big defensive forwards, maybe a center for line #2 and a big tough defenceman....

Allin44
11-01-2009, 10:57 AM

We're tied for 3rd in the conference and 4 pts out of 1st right now. The two teams that have let in fewer goals in the conference are ahead of us in the standings and won't be trading us a goalie.

The top 3 teams in the west have let in fewer goals(Portland 1 less in 1 less game so saw that off to the top two teams).

And I don't see Vancouver or Tri Cities trading us their goalie.

Being a terrible coach has nothing to do with bringing in a goalie, thats the GMs role, and I am pretty sure KM is one of the best in the business.

The problem looks to lie with the 3rd and 4th line.

Hale -4
Hall -4
Ferland +1
Walker -6
Wilson -4
Ciarelli -5

1st and 2nd Line
Schenn +9
Glennie +10
Calvert +10

Rajala +9
Lewy +10
Fehr +9

Top 4 Dmen
Robak +11
Urbom +8
Melny +7
Schneider +12

Bestland -1
Miller + 1

The bottom 6 forwards and bottom 2 dmen don't play huge minutes, and from the looks of it, aren't very reliable to eat up a few minutes a game without getting in trouble.

Like SB said, bring in 3 defensive forwards for the 4th line, maybe a good center for the 2nd line, add in Stone and we have 3 solid scoring lines and a shutdown 4th.

Probably a big dman to put in place of Melny as the 1B pairing and let him play fewer minutes and we are good.

Our dmen have also scored more goals than our bottom 6 fowards that are remaining in the lineup. that puts a lot of pressure on the top 6 to carry the load, and if you get up against a good defensive team, thats crushing.

dagley
11-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I like Hale and Ferland in our bottom six, Ciarelli is okay. Other than that, nobody there really makes me wan't to wait for them to break out. Hall needs to go and I don't think Wilson will pan out to be anything spectacular.

sbtatter
11-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I like Hale and Ferland in our bottom six, Ciarelli is okay. Other than that, nobody there really makes me wan't to wait for them to break out. Hall needs to go and I don't think Wilson will pan out to be anything spectacular.

I don't think Hale is good enough. He isn't a top fighter, just big, but he doesn't fight with vim and vigor like the middleweights Miller and Bestland. And he's so slow, it's painful, he can't catch a guy to lay a hit on the forecheck. Honestly, he plays like it's a job he has to, not like it's something he wants to do.

Vik
11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't think Hale is good enough. He isn't a top fighter, just big, but he doesn't fight with vim and vigor like the middleweights Miller and Bestland. And he's so slow, it's painful, he can't catch a guy to lay a hit on the forecheck. Honestly, he plays like it's a job he has to, not like it's something he wants to do.

Agreed. The only hits I really remember him throwing when I was there were when someone tried to hit him and he sent them flying. He's slow even for a big guy in the Dub and doesn't really provide any energy to the team.

Boltz9
11-01-2009, 11:32 PM
I haven't noticed him much either, but the weird thing is that I thought he was one of our best players in the playoffs last year. On that 4th line he played awesome so I'm not sure what happened.

wheaties89
11-01-2009, 11:54 PM
he got a couple goals early in the season and he thinks hes a scorer. i like cirelli and ferland as bottom 6 players. Hale will be fine on the fourth line but km cant give him and more offensive opportunties like putting him on the pp early in the year and so on. wilson wil be decent but we just cant expect him not to make mistakes as a 16 yearold even tho this isnt the year to be trying to developing young players

dagley
11-02-2009, 11:16 AM
I think Velde was a good pickup, people in town have been criticizing the move. He adds depth to our bottom six, and has played a year in the league. He chipped in a few goals in Lethbridge. He isn't really big (stats wise), and I havent seen him play live yet, but after this weekend hopefully everybody realizes it was a good move to get a player who has played a year in the league, out West instead of relying on someone like Wilson, Walker to play those minutes.

sbtatter
11-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I think Velde was a good pickup, people in town have been criticizing the move. He adds depth to our bottom six, and has played a year in the league. He chipped in a few goals in Lethbridge. He isn't really big (stats wise), and I havent seen him play live yet, but after this weekend hopefully everybody realizes it was a good move to get a player who has played a year in the league, out West instead of relying on someone like Wilson, Walker to play those minutes.

I haven't heard anyone criticize the move. My circle of friends realize we need to rework our bottom 6, and Van De Velde is a start to that...

Joe Hallenback
11-02-2009, 03:24 PM
The Bottom six needs a player or 2. Right now Ferland,Van de Velde and Hale are playing as they need to be.

Alot of people criticize him but he went toe to toe with Taylor Jordan the other night and Jordan is one seriously tough hombre. Yes he is slow but he does add that intimidation factor.

Right now the teams are starting to separate themselves from each other and Lethbridge,Kootenay,Prince George and Seattle right now will be selling players soon.

Players I hope we can make a play for would be

Sean Acolatse - Would be a solid 3rd line guy. Great speed and can cause trouble as well. Can score as well

Parker Stanfield - Good size and wheels. Another Energy guy

Scott Ramsey - Big Tough Defence man.

Brett Henke - Big Winger

Craig Orfino - Solid 2 way center

Steel Bloomer - This guy just kills us all the time. Works his butt off and having a great season.

The Wheatiemaniac
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM
The Bottom six needs a player or 2. Right now Ferland,Van de Velde and Hale are playing as they need to be.

Alot of people criticize him but he went toe to toe with Taylor Jordan the other night and Jordan is one seriously tough hombre. Yes he is slow but he does add that intimidation factor.

Right now the teams are starting to separate themselves from each other and Lethbridge,Kootenay,Prince George and Seattle right now will be selling players soon.

Players I hope we can make a play for would be

Sean Acolatse - Would be a solid 3rd line guy. Great speed and can cause trouble as well. Can score as well

Parker Stanfield - Good size and wheels. Another Energy guy

Scott Ramsey - Big Tough Defence man.

Brett Henke - Big Winger

Craig Orfino - Solid 2 way center

Steel Bloomer - This guy just kills us all the time. Works his butt off and having a great season.

but who is Scott Ramsey with? I've heard the name brought up, but I'm drawing a blank. Mestery with Lethbridge is a big drafted D-man as well. But yes we need an agitator. I just don't see anymore moves made til after world jrs. Thats when the big moves will start.

Allin44
11-02-2009, 06:31 PM
back to my original topic, I think INSINC is going to refund me my money.

This is the view I had at one point during the game.

The Wheatiemaniac
11-03-2009, 05:43 PM
back to my original topic, I think INSINC is going to refund me my money.

This is the view I had at one point during the game.

I know it was Halloween and all, but geez. They should give you a refund for sure. That sucks.

Allin44
11-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I know it was Halloween and all, but geez. They should give you a refund for sure. That sucks.

They were good enough to refund it.