PDA

View Full Version : Kootenay vs Seattle

Reg Dunlop
11-01-2009, 10:40 PM
You ever remember in Pee Wee and Bantam those tournaments where you go to and get stuck playing in the third place game on sunday before the final game? The atmosphere? The feeling of not caring? The wanting it to end so you can go home and focus on the next big task ahead? That was the atmosphere and the feeling the rec plex had just moments ago.

First off the Ice need a new intro song when they start skating out on the ice. This phantom of the opera sleeper music has to go. I still haven't figured out if that song is liked by the staff or if it is a key to putting the other team to sleep because it sure works for me when I see them skate on the ice. So basically the song what ever it is called needs to go. Its a total joke just thought I would get that out of the way before I started commenting on the game.

There is so much scoring and hitting I get to comment on here tonight........ Oh wait there isn't:rolleyes: Well now where to start....... Seattle is last in the US division They came out looking like they played where they belonged. Unlike the Ice who have mastered the passes into their team mates skates the Thunderbirds are working on mastering the behind the back no look passes right in front of their own net:laugh: The ice sadly never picked up on this because if they would of and the T Birds got assists for Ice goals they could of padded their stats graciously.

The rough stuff was virtually non existent in this shinny match minus the odd love tap. With the exception of Kootenays Leach and Seattles Jacobs having a brief roll around on the ice session in the first period:skeptical For the rest of the first it was a normal shinny match to the say the least with Matthews making a great glove hand save to end the first period on an excellent Thunderbird scoring chance.

The score at the end of the first was 0-0 with Kootenay outshooting Seattle 17-8 but you really wouldn't of thought that many shots were taken on net during the game. Me wonders if the score keeper didn't have the button stuck or was up at Finnigans slamming a few back before the game.

Then in the second McNabb went down with what appeared to be an ankle injury I don't know if it was a stick or the puck that hit him. But thought great thats all that we need more injuries especially to McNabb. never seen him back out for the rest of the game hopefully it isn't seriouspunk rock. Then some more boring back and forth until Mighty Mouse aka Dustin Sylvester put on a clinic for all the Seattle players by walking around all of them like they were pylons in a drill. Then he must of got bored because then Seattle got the puck and we went back to some more shinny crap. Then later in the period Dominic Pokovsky had an excellent chance in front of the net all alone with more time than he knew what to do with. But some how managed to not only go too high on the net but really wide too. On the bright side it sounded really cool the way the puck echoed off of the glass. Then Sylvester got to do some more dipsy doodling in the Seattle zone as the players the T Birds and Ice included basically sat and watched him. With no T Birds bothering to take the time to hit the smallest guy on the Ice or none of his team mates bothering to take the time to try to get open so he can pass it to them. All in all Sylvester was playing very well unfortunately his team mates were not.

Oh yeah and hitting! What is hittingvc124? Hitting is when you check a player to put him out of position to get the puck. There was no hitting in this game. In fact I think it was against the rules. Ask the Ice's Ryan Molle who barely touched a Seattle player who had the puck and some how managed to get an interference call for it. Which after that almost made players on both teams scared to even go near each other. Then on the penalty kill Ice defencmen Joey Leach went to clear it out of their zone high and off the glass sadly he went too high and it went in to the crowd. Notching the Ice another penalty to kill so its 5 on 3. And no we are not done on penalties yet here. Todd Matthews got a slashing call in net so now another penalty to kill off. Most teams would be crapping bricks trying to figure out how to kill off an extended 5 on 3. But I think that the Ice realized that this was Seattle and it didn't matter how many players they had an advantage of it is just that Seattle. Then right when we were about to kill off the 5 on 3 we got another call King got called for something which was a joke. So instead of the ref (Papp) cooling it on the crap calls he goes and gives a crap call to Seattle's Collin Jacobs for hooking. Which was an even crappier call than any crap call he gave to us. Then when we were on the power play one of our players high sticked a Seattle player and got away with it. This clown let the game calls get out of handvc124

Then on the power play in the Seattle zone Petr Senkerik let a hard low shot go from the point which the whole crowd and players thought was in. Hell I even jumped out of my seat. Turns out it hit the post and the play resumed. Then we started to get some sort of hockey game going here with Seattle's Brenden Rouse getting stoned by Todd Matthews on a great breakaway attempt. Matthews just got a piece of the shot with his leg out save of the game material right there.

Then back to shinny. You know the ice really need to work on their line changes. It doesn't take rocket aplliances to figure out you don't change when you are in your defencive zone or to make a change when the puck is by the bench. Something the Ice got away with tonight luckily.

Then in the dying seconds of the game Max Reinhart in the corner hucked the puck out to Hayden Rintoul in front of the net but the thing was bouncing like a beach ball so he missed that. Seattle out shot Kootenay in the third 10-8.

Of to overtime here. 4 on 4, It really didn't look like anyone was going to score nor wanted to score. Guys were making line changes when the play was going on skating to the bench like they were out on a picnic, Then with about a minute left with the puck in the Seattle corner Dominic Pocovsky found Jessie Ismond sitting in front of the net fed it out to him he put it low and the Ice won the game 1-0.

All in all work needs to be done and quick. Out of every game I have been to this year and I have been to all but 1. This is by far the worst I have not only seen the Ice play. Not only seen in the WHL. But in all of Junior hockey this ranks up there with the worst game I have ever seen played.

Oh well lets hope for a better outing this Saturday against Red Deer we are going to need it.

Chipper
11-01-2009, 10:55 PM
another great game review Reg Dunlop! Glad to see new blood here and bringing back the Ice forum to life againapplause