PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen add 20-year-old from PG

Malc
11-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Calgary Hitmen General Manager Kelly Kisio announced the acquisition of 20-year-old forward Del Cowan from the Prince George Cougars in exchange for a conditional 8th round pick in the 2011 WHL Bantam Draft.

“Cowan has been a solid player and solid citizen in the Western Hockey League for a long time and with an abundance of 20-year-old’s in Prince George and an open spot in Calgary we feel Del will be a strong contributor to our hockey team,” said Kisio.

Cowan is currently en route to Calgary and is expected to make his Hitmen debut Wednesday night against the visiting Edmonton Oil Kings.

http://www.hitmenhockey.com/index.asp?newsID=313

Philly8
11-03-2009, 03:51 PM
You guys are getting a very good role player. He is a really solid third line player and can kill penalties. I was very disapointed when brandon let him go.. Good pick up for you guys..... Best of luck to del!!!

dagley
11-03-2009, 04:22 PM
It was only a matter of time before this was going to bite us in the ass.

sbtatter
11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
It was only a matter of time before this was going to bite us in the ass.

Del's a great role player, but I don't think he's going to single handedly beat us. It's unfortunate he wasn't one of our top 20's, but good for him to land on a good team.

Hitmen1
11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I think it will be a good pickup for the Hitmen, but I am surprised. I really thought Kisio would be looking for a veteran defenceman. Although the Hitmen have 26 bodies right now so maybe a couple of younger guys will be moving on.

armypower
11-04-2009, 10:04 AM
I heard the Hitmen released Cody Gross to get down to a 25 man roster,so they still only have 2, 20 yr olds....I think Cowan will fit in well here

CrazyGeorge
11-04-2009, 05:19 PM
With Swift Current having 4 twenty year olds with the likes of Tassone, Stickland, Doyle and Claffey...it would be a strong addition to an already strong hitmen team if they added one of either Doyle or Claffey. I would prefer if Swift Current would get a roster player but trading 20's teams generally get draft picks UNLESS other players are involved in a deal. We'll see.