PDA

View Full Version : Randy McNaught

sbtatter
11-05-2009, 06:41 AM
6 fights in 9 games with you guys. So what's your take on him......just a goon, or decent player who loves to fight, or important part of your team, good skater?

Toswammi
11-05-2009, 07:53 AM
He is just a goon, no other role in hockey he has the talent for.

wango tango
11-05-2009, 10:26 AM
based on what i saw from mcnaught vs the broncos last night he did exactly what he is counted on to do for the blades. he played a regular shift, is a good skater, and between he and dziurzynski they picked up the blades intensity by hitting and handily beating their fighting opponents in the third period.

there isn't room anymore on a whl roster for a player who can't take a regular shift. mcnaught can take a regular shift, the guys play inches bigger when he's in the lineup, and other teams don't take liberties against the hulaks, boyers, and elliotts.

Trav
11-05-2009, 05:43 PM
He doesn't seem to be hurting the team, think the 5 game suspension was a bit harsh seeing how another player from another team got a boarding major in a game and only got one game suspension. If he's not hurting the team then I have no problems having him here.

Trav
11-05-2009, 05:45 PM
The only thing that scares me still bout the trade, Crooks is 17 and doing well in Chilliwack. Hopefully the Blades won't run out of young snipers any time soon.

SectionNDeserter
11-05-2009, 07:05 PM
think the 5 game suspension was a bit harsh seeing how another player from another team got a boarding major in a game and only got one game suspension.McNaught delivered a huge elbow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e0KSilohLM) from behind to the head of a helpless defenseman. I consider the intent of McNaught's actions to be ten times worse than what an OHL player just got suspended for the season for. I would have given McNaught 15-20 for that hit easily.

Flathead
11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
McNaught delivered a huge elbow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e0KSilohLM) from behind to the head of a helpless defenseman. I consider the intent of McNaught's actions to be ten times worse than what an OHL player just got suspended for the season for. I would have given McNaught 15-20 for that hit easily.

I agree 100%.

eighty
11-06-2009, 10:03 AM
McNaught delivered a huge elbow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e0KSilohLM) from behind to the head of a helpless defenseman. I consider the intent of McNaught's actions to be ten times worse than what an OHL player just got suspended for the season for. I would have given McNaught 15-20 for that hit easily.

Absolutely agree. He deserved more than 5 games for sure.

wango tango
11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
i'd say mcnaught did exactly what he set out to do. if fans and the team are thinking about getting physically handled instead of the final result, mission accomplished.

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/hockey/blades-hockey/Blades+pleased+punch+with+favourite+McNaught/2191165/story.html

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
hes just lucky the kid didnt get seriously hurt

Yeah he is lucky and If Evans did get seriously hurt then I agree with Section ND give him 15-20 games.

I agree McNaught has done well.... He is doing his job,it would be nice to see him contribute offensively too.

wango tango
11-06-2009, 11:59 AM
mcnaughts hit in swift current was borderline at best, malicious at worst, and deserved a suspension.

dziurzynskis hit in saskatoon early in the third was clean, he and mcnaught dropped the mitts with their challengers, and it mentally threw the broncos off their game. the intensity picked up, and it looked like the broncos didn't get their focus back until the end of the third when they pulled the goalie, too little too late.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-08-2009, 12:39 AM
He seems to have learned his lesson but the Blades 4th line is used sparingly so...... He created some good chances with Benson and Dzuiryznski tonight.

patsdude114
11-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah he is lucky and If Evans did get seriously hurt then I agree with Section ND give him 15-20 games.

U cant be basing a suspension on a players injury or not injuried.... each player has its own personal toughness level be it cuz of age, weight/size or what not.

Take a look at that 16 yr old kid in the OHL yes he got clobbered behind the goal, but a older player would of been more aware of what was happening on the play. Im not saying that the hit wasnt bad or good but the 16 yr old kid did turn at the last second.

To suspend a player based on a injury is just plain stupid.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
U cant be basing a suspension on a players injury or not injuried.... each player has its own personal toughness level be it cuz of age, weight/size or what not.

Take a look at that 16 yr old kid in the OHL yes he got clobbered behind the goal, but a older player would of been more aware of what was happening on the play. Im not saying that the hit wasnt bad or good but the 16 yr old kid did turn at the last second.

To suspend a player based on a injury is just plain stupid.
Well, thats what happens alot. Its merely a case of the league getting lazy, and giving the squeaky wheel the oil. Its even worse in the NHL, because they consider how much money they lose before they suspend players.

Branch is just nuts though. His crusade against pre lockout hockey took a major step with that suspension. That hit wouldnt have even been suspendable if the kid didnt turn the last second.