PDA

View Full Version : Mucha available

dagley
11-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, Portland added a goaltender today and with them having Curtis and Mucha, the potential is there for him to be moved. What do you think about making a move to get him?

Allin44
11-12-2009, 09:30 PM
why would they take a goalie back?

dagley
11-12-2009, 09:34 PM
why would they take a goalie back?

Never crossed my mind, lmao.

Allin44
11-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Never crossed my mind, lmao.

Portland's resurgence is one of the great stories in the league this year and they've done it with a young blueline. They don't have a 20-year-old back there, and Travis Bobbee is their lone 19-year-old rearguard. Will a team be willing to put together a package frontloaded with a veteran d-man for a solid goalile? Bank on it.

We only have 7 dmen on the roster, cant afford to move one right now unless they want to send one back.

Send Hayes + a pick somewhere for a 19 year old dman.

Trade Melny + Lewy for Mucha?

booboo
11-12-2009, 11:09 PM
I agree with you. We still need to upgrade our goaltending. The problem is that Mucha is an upgrade I think, but he is 20 so you would need to get rid of Lewandiuk but would he go to Portland? We are in dire need of a shut down defenceman as well---Teubert but what do we have to give up. Not too sure when Kelly will make moves but he will need to upgrade in those two mentioned areas. Any thoughts guys.:bounce:

Boltz9
11-13-2009, 01:41 AM
I still think he holds out until teams start to drop off and then start to think about picking up pieces for the future. Thats when we can give up some of our younger offensive players because we have so many and draft picks. I would really like to see Regina fall off at some point so we can pick up Eberle to fill out our top 6. This would make sense for both teams as theres no way he comes back next year. Then we can get rid of Lewy if needed in a package deal to get a 20 year old goalie. If not that then to get a good defenceman or some scrappy players for our bottom 6. If Moose Jaw starts to drop then I would love to see us try and get Hamonic.

And a little off topic but what does everyone think of Van De Velde so far? I think he is an awesome pick up and seems to be creating some god chemistry with Ferland and Hale. Once they work that cycle game they can't seem to be stopped. I don't see that line giving up many goals which is what we want and need from those guys.

Crush Kill Destroy
11-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Easier to move a 20-year old forward if McCrimmon can somehow pry David Toews out of North Dakota. Toews' offense would replace what you would lose in trading one of Lewadniuk or Fehr.

I think it would take a fairly attractive package for Portland to consider moving Mucha.

That said, I do agree that the Winterhawks do need to acquire a solid veteran defenceman or two if they want to be contenders come the playoffs. Both Mucha and Curtis have pretty good SV%, but not-so-good GAA. Portland is allowing a high number of shots against per game.

witness
11-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I think that you guys are thinking about this all wrong. In my opinion, Brandon doesn't need more stars, they just need more from their stars. What you need is some top notch 'character' guys. Guys that can score 15 to 20, but make the players around then better and accountable.
Since you seem to like Regina, by the way a better team then you give them credit for. In my mind, this is still a playoff team, so the players will not come cheap. Instead of dreamingly looking at Eberle, I would want a guy like Mitchell. This kid would chew off his right arm to make his team successful. There is no doubt that Tuebert would help, he is a beast on the back end.
Here are some players that you should really look at and might come at a price that will not bankrupt your future:
Edmonton: Brent Raedeke & Torrie Jung - an excellent 2 way player and a goalie that is one of the best in the league.
Lethbridge: Sbisa would be nice, but a Euro and I think Brandon is happy with their Euros. How about Bancks, Mestery & Rowatt? Remember that Kelly had a chance for Rowatt this summer and wouldn't part with a prospect.
Kootney: Steele Boomer & Ryan Molle - Molle is a solid d-man, I liked him when he played for SC. A little more difficult in Kootney, but he is the backend. I have only watched Boomer a couple of times, good energy guy, decent hands and a great hockey name,
Chilliwack: Brandon Manning might be worth a look.

There is no doubt that if Brandon's play does not improve in the next month, they will be forced to make some drastic moves. Right now they are a slightly above average team in a very good division. They will have the opportunity to improve their 20's but will loose a lot of young talent (Stone). It will be interesting to see how everything plays out.

patsdude114
11-13-2009, 06:31 PM
The Pats are finally showing what they are capable of... this weekend will be a big test and it may be the test that Parker has wanted for sometime now.

The Pats could be in 2nd spot by the end of the weekend with back to back against moose jaw & finish out the weekend in Brandon if by some chance the Pats can pull off 3 wins in 3 nights that would put the Pats in nothing less then a tie for 2nd with Brandon (thats if Brandon beats saskatoon on friday night) If by some means the Pats win all 3 games it may give parker just what he needs to go add a player or 2 instead of even thinking about selling anything.

I totally agree with witness response that the Wheat Kings dont need to add another star player but needs more out of the stars they have and they need Character on that team which they lack. Brandon has all the stars that they could want without having to make a deal, maybe it may take trading a star for a star to wake up the team. I didnt expect the Wks to be where they are at this point in the season.

Trevor
11-14-2009, 12:46 AM
I don't think anyone here did either. KM let a huge character guy go in Cowan, which they are now missing desperately.

wheaties89
11-14-2009, 02:07 AM
the euros are starting to play better sodoubt they will be moved. anyone else notice tonight when the blades players were askin the wheaties to fight they either ignored or looked at km. wonder what the deal was there

sbtatter
11-14-2009, 09:14 AM
the euros are starting to play better sodoubt they will be moved. anyone else notice tonight when the blades players were askin the wheaties to fight they either ignored or looked at km. wonder what the deal was there

We were never in a position to fight hey? Making the comeback, you couldn't take a chance to lose a fight and let the Blades get the momentum back.

sbtatter
11-14-2009, 09:15 AM
really no one could hang with Mcnaught could they?

It would have to be Hale who takes him on, Miller and Bestland are too small.

armypower
11-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Cowan has been a nice addition here,not flashy but real steady,looks like a real good team guy.......plays both ends of the ice ,has been getting some decent ice time as well

Allin44
11-14-2009, 10:43 AM
It would have to be Hale who takes him on, Miller and Bestland are too small.

I may have seen this wrong our out of context. But in the first period McNaught and Hale were lined up at the dots and it looked like they were talking, and they changed lines and McCrimmon was shaking his head. Wonder if he said "don't do it"