PDA

View Full Version : Setoguchi impresses at prospects game

Billy Blade
01-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Who caught the game last night on Sportsnet? Devin Setoguchi was easily one of the best on the ice for JD's team, both for that matter. He played a very tenacious game, using his speed and strength on the puck, plus laying a few guys out with some good hits. He scored one of the goals, was on the ice for a couple others and was originally credited with another one by Sportsnet which ended up going to Moose Jaw's McArdle. He's now ranked as the 12th North American Skater by Central Scouting.

Rabbit also had a good game, albeit more on the quiet side. He showed flashes with his speed and a few very nice passes but wasn't in on any scoring, just some close calls. Unfortunately he was on the ice for some goals against, but none appeared to be a result of anything he did wrong, some blatant turnovers by the defense. All in all a great showing by both of our boys. It's too bad they weren't in Winnipeg to help out the Blades though! :eek:

Beaner
01-20-2005, 12:56 PM
I was at the game and he was the biggest standout in my mind for all the reasons stated above. Very impressed just wish we got to play the blades more so we could see him more often. I'm sure there are a few NHL teams talking about him now, and more than likely planning on a few more trips to Saskatoon to check him out.

Easily a star of the game.

kelownakarl
01-21-2005, 06:06 PM
I thought Wacey Rabbit played a good game.... He is small but strong and super fast.

gershy
02-01-2005, 06:20 PM
I was talking with my wife's uncle, who is a scout for the Habs, this past weekend. He sure was singing Setoguchi's praises after watching that game. He was sure excited about his play.

Beaner
02-02-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm not surprised. You guys have a real gem in that kid.