PDA

View Full Version : WK vs Pats

patsdude114
11-15-2009, 09:08 PM
first off i must say must of been nice to watch such a offensive game 8-7 in OT dont see those types of games anymore sounds like a game out of the 80 just minus all the fights.

My question for u Wheat King fans is this.... how does Mark Schneider get 1st star in a game which featured a guy with 6 pts in Matt Calvert and 2 guys & 2 guys with 5 pts apiece in Schenn & Eberle? Schneider was a -1 with no points and he gets 1st star??? (i am going off the game sheet on this maybe its a misprint tho)

How wouldnt Eberle get 3rd star, Schenn 2nd star and Calvert 1st star??

Im thinking this is 1 of those home town beer goggled cant see anything but the home town kids on the ice whoever picked these stars. Sorry but that is just stupid when there is that much individual efforts out there for points in a game.

dagley
11-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Eberle definitely deserved first star this game. He was incredible, all over the place. A magician with the puck, isn't easily taken off the puck. Its quite amazing to see guys with another 30 pounds lean on him, and lean on him hard and not give up the puck. I wonder how much ice he logged tonight. I think he is the best player in the league this year. The game was rather a piss off to blow a four goal lead, in FOUR minutes. Schneider, no idea how he was first star at all.

Eberle
Schenn
Calvert

in that order.

patsdude114
11-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks Dagley i needed a true WK fan to clear this up for me as it jsut didnt make sense to me.

And yes i must agree with you Eberle has added a ton of strength over the summer Eberle impressed me the same way against Swift Current earlier in the year when he out muscled Claffley down low and got off a great wrap around due to his strength.

BSB
11-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Eberle
Schenn
Calvert

in that order.

That is exactly what the stars were, in that order. The game summary simply listed the wrong team's #7.

patsdude114
11-15-2009, 09:46 PM
oh ok i was hoping it was a misprint as i did state in my 1st post that it may be

Trevor
11-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Must be a misprint. I wasn't there, but hear from a friend stars when

Eberle
Schenn
Calvert

Just called and verified it with him.

dagley
11-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't stay for the three stars, I usually just check them when I get home.

Allin44
11-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I don't stay for the three stars, I usually just check them when I get home.

And you call yourself a fan... :P

dagley
11-16-2009, 12:08 AM
And you call yourself a fan... :P

Ouch, that one hurts where it counts! Haha, my $200 Schenn jersey beats you all!

Allin44
11-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Ouch, that one hurts where it counts! Haha, my $200 Schenn jersey beats you all!

My 10PM drive back to Winnipeg while still hungover beats that :P

dagley
11-16-2009, 12:45 AM
Let's fight lol

Allin44
11-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Let's fight lol

Uhhh... not in my best interests hah

dagley
11-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Mine either. Lol. Your guy fights my guy, I got Boltz. He looks like a dirty fighter.

Joe Hallenback
11-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Crazy game yesterday. Brandon turns it on and just steam rolls the pats then lets the gas off and the Pats come roaring back.

Eberle was fantastic last night. Best player on the ice for both teams

If I was a Pats fan I am not sure what I would do with this team. Eberle and Teubert are not going to be back next year and right now the Pats are a one line team IMO. Is it worth keeping the both of them and MAYBE making the playoffs or is better to trade them give them a shot and pick up players for next year

Lets say Brandon offers up

Depape,Walker,Wilson,rights to Swryipa and 1st and 2nd round pick for Eberle and Teubert

Would they make that deal?

Boltz9
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Mine either. Lol. Your guy fights my guy, I got Boltz. He looks like a dirty fighter.

We'll thanks for your confidence in me lol. I drove from Winnipeg all last year and only missed 3 games, plus I own the same $200 Schenn jersey so I guess I win out :P