PDA

View Full Version : Missed Opportunity again...

patsdude114
11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
This is sounding like a broken record time and time again but again the Pats miss a opportunity to gain some points within in our division against teams that we were able to pass this weekend in the standings with some better out comes.

Now i know 3 games in 3 nights isnt a tough task to over come, and most teams do fail at this but after out poor performance with the lead against MJ at home, then getting shutout in MJ the next night, i wasnt expecting us to win the 3rd game anyways against a very solid Brandon team but yet that game seemed like the most entertaining from a fans perspective & the best chance at a win for us.

Hunt prior to fridays game was praising our leadership in the pregame radio show but yet our leadership was no where to be found this weekend. Hunt may not want to see the captaincy as a issue but we need 1 guy to take the reins & be that true leader.

Should a letter "C" really make a difference?? Personally i dont think so but we do have some veterns on this team who have been here for awhile and show true leadership & i personally believe without the "C" on 1 certain jersey the 4 or 5 guys who are in the running of this prestigous honour to wear the "C" for the most storied junior team in all of the CHL (as it is the oldest junior team in the nation) I think they are all kind of looking at each other & thinking who is going to be the guy to step up this game & by the time they figure it out its too late.

I think this "C" is becoming abit of a distraction in the dressing room within these 4 or 5 guys. Hunt needs to make a decision on who gets it. Personally i think it should be Teubert. This guys plays a very gritty game on the back end is always up against the other teams top offensive guy. He is very vocal on the back end in our own zone with running the defensive side of the game out on the ice. The 1st "A" i think goes to Leffler, he has been here since he has been 16, works his tail off night in and night out, will do anything to help this team win, block shots/hits/fights/scores/sends a message however it needs to be sent. The 2nd "A" goes to Eberle this guy always seems to find a way and lead by example, he will block a shot which is not a norm for many star players, scores big goals be it the goal to get us back into the game or to give us that cushion that is needed to bury a team. I like Mitchell alot he is a heart and soul player and is still looked upon as a leader on this team no matter if he wears a letter or not. Delahey i really dont see him as much of a leader as there making it sound, i know i may be wrong (which is prob right) as im not in the dressing room with these guys.

This team still has some issues which i think is related back to last season. I think there are still a few guys just here for the ride not to mention any names. We have 1 of the better core groups in the league but we are missing something. We have the star talent with secondary players to feed off of maybe its just the wrong group but Hunt/Sutter/Parker need to figure it out soon. Last season i just got used to lossing due to the style of play we played under Derkatch but with Hunt back behind the bench & the players we do have i am really getting sick and tired of the same results as last yera on big weekends. LOSSING STINKS & this fan is getting sick of it. Would be different if we are in a rebuilding stage but were not.

As much as i dont want to say it if we keep playing like this Parker will have no choice but to trade prob the best offensive player in the WHL away in Eberle & move guys like Teubert & Leffler for our future.

We are still in the mix within our division but with this US road trip coming up looking at the standings looks like there is only 1 beatable team out there and thats Seattle with the hit & miss in our play & the lack of a killer instinct out there we may even lose that game as well. We need to be 3-2 on this road trip to the US how is that going to happen im not sure yet.

Sorry about my rant but this fan is getting sick of the same old on big weekends.

dagley
11-16-2009, 12:13 AM
I know how you are feeling out there in Regina. I can say we all have the same frustration out here in Brandon with our team. I think I can say for myself, and fans out East that we are in awe of the start we have had, in arguably the most important season of our historic franchise. The players themselves have admitted the pressure got to them early in the season, but have started to settle down. The expectation here is nothing short of a WHL title and a Memorial Cup championship. Anybody in this city will agree, anything short of those goals is a disappointment in a year with such promise.