PDA

View Full Version : Savage is a black eye for the WHL

Knuckle Chucker
04-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Refs should not decide games in the playoffs. Savage's non-call on Fehr's hook (which resulted in a game changing goal) in game six had a direct result on the outcome of that game. I am the first one to say that a ref does not loose you the game but in this case Savage lost the game for PA. Yes I know that refs make judgment calls but any ref (that is good) in any league knows that if a forward hooks down a D-man and it results in a clear cut breakaway the play must be blown down. Like Anholt said after the game..Savage was praying that Fehr not score because the goal just compounds the missed call that all the world could see

The fact that he is a senior official makes it more of a joke for the league. This is not his first brutal game called against the Raiders, beleave me. He has always had it in for the boys. That fact makes this whole situation even harder to stomach. Senior official or not, Savage must be punished by the league for blowing this super important game for the Raider franchise.

Now that I have that off my chest the Raiders now have to dig deep and win games 6 & 7 despite Savage.

BWK
04-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Knuckle Chucker you can say Savage is incompotent, that is your opinion, but, to suggest that he is biased against the PA Raiders is wrong.

Whether he blew the call or not, that was a judgement call he made at the time, not a premeditated decision to screw the Raiders.

When you say "...He has always had it in for the boys. That fact makes this whole situation even harder to stomach..." you suggest that officials are going to games with the intention of making sure one team defeats the other. I don't think you should confuse their (in)competency with a pre-determined bias.

It seems that fans of every other team in the league have issues with some of these guys. In my opinion if they had it in for your guys, yours would be the only fans complaining.

Knuckle Chucker
04-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Knuckle Chucker you can say Savage is incompotent, that is your opinion, but, to suggest that he is biased against the PA Raiders is wrong.

Whether he blew the call or not, that was a judgement call he made at the time, not a premeditated decision to screw the Raiders.

When you say "...He has always had it in for the boys. That fact makes this whole situation even harder to stomach..." you suggest that officials are going to games with the intention of making sure one team defeats the other. I don't think you should confuse their (in)competency with a pre-determined bias.

It seems that fans of every other team in the league have issues with some of these guys. In my opinion if they had it in for your guys, yours would be the only fans complaining.

My issue is not with "some of these guys". My issue is with Savage. Unless you are Savage, which you are not, you don't know that Savage is not biased towards PA. My opinion, after watching him ref about 30 games, is he is biased against PA. Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say that refs go into games with the intention of making sure one team defeats another. However, based on past games, a ref can have a hate on for a team. IMO Savage has a hate on for PA. Don't try to tell me that when he has to make a split-second decision that that hate can't kick in. You will not be able to convince me that it doesn't. He screwed us plain and simple.

ihlemic10
04-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Im not downplaying the Situation at all but I don't think he hates PA. I have seen him ref some Tips games and believe he just roots for a team during the game. At one point in Portland he did kick our coach out of the game. Or another solution is that we are all paranoid.

westbeach55
05-01-2005, 04:25 AM
its absolutely brutal that savage wouldn't make a simple call. Why would schlenker dive when he is the last man back. this has nothing to do with brandon as a team. It is savage and his inability to ref a game which he has proven many times this year. why is there a ref out there? did you see savage out there, someone said he was reffing that game?? raiders will still win series in 7.

Knuckle Chucker
05-01-2005, 10:59 AM
its absolutely brutal that savage wouldn't make a simple call. Why would schlenker dive when he is the last man back. this has nothing to do with brandon as a team. It is savage and his inability to ref a game which he has proven many times this year. why is there a ref out there? did you see savage out there, someone said he was reffing that game?? raiders will still win series in 7.

Well put :thumb:

chuckiedee
05-01-2005, 01:59 PM
exactly what you were meant to see. But I bet you didn't see everything that went on in the game. I bet you didn't see the high stick that just about took out one Wheat Kings eye. And I bet you didn't see the 2 hits from behind on another Wheat King. All of the above went without penalties.
From a previous game, did you the slash to the back of the legs to a third Wheat King by your heros. Let's not forget the memorable game here in Brandon where there were over 350 minutes handed out due to the multiple fights started by the Raiders. Even the league saw fit to step into that one. The Raiders were fined, the Wheat kings were not.
No, would be the answer to all of the above questions. You are seeing what they want you to see rather than a large portion of what actually went on.
I am not saying that the Wheat Kings are angels...I know they aren't but get over it all ready. You lost, move on.
If your team dwells on it as long as all of their fans do I am thinking their heads won't be anywhere near the game and we should have quite an easy time of it!!
You people need to get over it and look ahead instead of behind you because this series isn't over.
Refs make calls as they see fit. As for Savage being biased against a team, I think you are right but I thought it was against the Wheat Kings. However don't we always think our team is getting worst of it. ;) Ok so I am kidding, I don't think Savage is biased against anyone, I think he (and many refs in the league) are bad both ways.

GO WHEATIES GO!!!

chuckiedee
05-01-2005, 02:07 PM
exactly what you were meant to see. But I bet you didn't see everything that went on in the game. I bet you didn't see the high stick that just about took out one Wheat Kings eye. And I bet you didn't see the 2 hits from behind on another Wheat King. All of the above went without penalties.
From a previous game, did you the slash to the back of the legs to a third Wheat King by your heros. Let's not forget the memorable game here in Brandon where there were over 350 minutes handed out due to the multiple fights started by the Raiders. Even the league saw fit to step into that one. The Raiders were fined, the Wheat kings were not.
No, would be the answer to all of the above questions. You are seeing what they want you to see rather than a large portion of what actually went on.
I am not saying that the Wheat Kings are angels...I know they aren't but get over it all ready. You lost, move on.
If your team dwells on it as long as all of their fans do I am thinking their heads won't be anywhere near the game and we should have quite an easy time of it!!
You people need to get over it and look ahead instead of behind you because this series isn't over.
Refs make calls as they see fit. As for Savage being biased against a team, I think you are right but I thought it was against the Wheat Kings. However don't we always think our team is getting worst of it. ;) Ok so I am kidding, I don't think Savage is biased against anyone, I think he (and many refs in the league) are bad both ways.

GO WHEATIES GO!!!

chuckiedee
05-01-2005, 02:12 PM
First of all I am sorry that last post appreared twice. Not sure what happened.
Just a little note to the guy who said Schlenker didn't dive because he was the last guy back...here it is from a Wheat King fan perspective. I think he did dive because he was desperate and didn't know what else to do. He was sure that Savage was going to call the penalty and when he didn't Chris ended up looking like a bit of a twit.
There you have it. Two different opinions from both sides of the fence. See how easy it is to turn it around to make your team look like the victim.
Ok, I am officially bored with the "let's blame Savage" thing so bring on Game 6 and let the chips fall.

westbeach55
05-01-2005, 02:21 PM
well we pa fans are over it and will be back tuesday to rap up the series. It is kind of sickning to see kelly mcrimmon whining to the refs this series. it was always good seeing monych taking an absolute beating from schlenker and crying after it and your captain konsorada turtling and taking a beating, at least fight back even if you don't win (well at least he takes a beating for his team) watch plante break under the pressure.

westbeach55
05-01-2005, 02:25 PM
what are you talking about, if there is anyone who needs to be called for slashing would be ryan stone. he skates around hacking and wacking, several times he has to handed kozak, if he can slash kozak why won't he fight him everyone knows why.

Knuckle Chucker
05-01-2005, 03:34 PM
First of all I am sorry that last post appreared twice. Not sure what happened.
Just a little note to the guy who said Schlenker didn't dive because he was the last guy back...here it is from a Wheat King fan perspective. I think he did dive because he was desperate and didn't know what else to do. He was sure that Savage was going to call the penalty and when he didn't Chris ended up looking like a bit of a twit.
There you have it. Two different opinions from both sides of the fence. See how easy it is to turn it around to make your team look like the victim.
Ok, I am officially bored with the "let's blame Savage" thing so bring on Game 6 and let the chips fall.

WHATEVER. Don't you have some shirts to iron ;) ;)