PDA

View Full Version : The 2005 Memorial Cup

The_Vulk
05-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Well, we already know two teams have qualified for this year's Memorial Cup.

The Host London Knights of the OHL, and the Ottawa 67's (also of the OHL).
(The #1 team vs the #9 team)

The Rimouski Oceanic play the Halifax Moosehead to determine the QmjHL Champs. (The two top teams of their league.)

It is sure looking up to be one exciting tournament this year.

Jovorock
05-01-2005, 09:21 AM
I hope that Rimouski win the Q, would love to watch Crosby there with or without the Rockets.

Tinner
05-01-2005, 10:25 AM
since london and ottawa still have to play each other, it will be interesting to see how they play their series, knowing full well that the league championship is important, but also knowing they're both in. Regardless of who represents the Q or the Dub, London will be the favorite (my opinion) because they are the home team and they have a good team. The question is, is the Dub a superior brand of hockey, comparing apples to apples!

the King
05-01-2005, 06:13 PM
:thumb:
since london and ottawa still have to play each other, it will be interesting to see how they play their series, knowing full well that the league championship is important, but also knowing they're both in. Regardless of who represents the Q or the Dub, London will be the favorite (my opinion) because they are the home team and they have a good team. The question is, is the Dub a superior brand of hockey, comparing apples to apples! Stude-Dude and the King are going with rowdy Calgary Hitmen Squad! Anyone else going?

Squig
05-02-2005, 04:15 AM
Going with the Junkies as well

See ya there

Go Rockets Go!!

The_Vulk
05-02-2005, 04:17 PM
The question is, is the Dub a superior brand of hockey, comparing apples to apples!
What? :burningma

Of course it IS the SUPERIOR brand of Hockey! :p

We have great offenses and defences, penalty killing and power plays.
Back and forth and hard hitting hockey!

Going with the Junkies as well

See ya there
The Junior Hockey Junkies (http://www.jrhockeyjunkies.com/) are a classy organization.

They've provent it time and time again.

Enjoy your trip and the tourney!

The_Vulk
05-10-2005, 07:00 PM
The Rimouski Oceanic are the QmjHL Champs!

Sidney Crosby and company are now in the Memorial Cup Tournament.

There is now only ONE Spot left.

And that for the WHL's Champs.

Scout
05-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Crosby had over 30 points in 13 games. This kid must be unreal. The best checkers in the Q couldn't slow him down. He will be fun to watch and also to see if he runs with the scoring title in the Mem.Cup.

Scout

Chipper
05-10-2005, 10:06 PM
This will be a great Memorial cup this year each league will think they have what it takes to win. I can't wait to see how it plays out, I think the best chance for the WHL is going to be the tight checking Rockets.

Scout
05-16-2005, 01:30 PM
This will be an awesome tourney. First you have Crosby. The kid is dynamite. Romouski had the 3 top scorers in the Q thanks to Crosby. They have alot of offence. The Oceanic also made a couple of trades in the beginning of the year for toughness because Crosby was getting taken liberty of. Things since then have settled down. Their D is huge. It will be hard standing in front of their net when they have D-men that are 6'4" and 6'5" and well over 200 lbs. They have the biggest D in this tourny.

Ottawa is Ottawa. They are very well coached, have a solid work ethic and good goaltending. Their coach is similar to Kelowna last year when Habscheid was behind the bench. The coach gets 120 % out of every player and every line.

London: Solid all around. Have the work ethic of the Hunters when they played pro. Have two solid scoring lines, made trades to shore up their D, have one of the best checking lines in the O.H.L. and good goaltending. This team playes as a team. They have gelled over the year and became even stronger.

Kelowna: What can i say. Very good work ethic, good D and hopefully good goaltending. Well coached and like London play as a team. No Crosby on either team but very tight forchecking.

Now i go on the line and predict:
(1) London
(2) Romouski
(3) Kelowna
(4) Ottawa

I'm a dub fan but London is playing in their own rink and are solid all the way thru. Anyone else care to predict?

Scout

crush
05-16-2005, 01:51 PM
Should be a great tourny! See you guys there!

My predictions:
1-Kelowna
2-London
3-Rimouski
4-Ottawa

The_Vulk
05-16-2005, 06:31 PM
The teams for the 2005 Memorial Cup are (and how I predict the final standings);

The London Knights
The OHL Champions and 2005 Memorial Cup Hosts.
Most likely the Winners of the 2005 Memorial Cup.

Kelowna Rockets
The WHL Champions and defending 2004 Memorial Cup Champs.
They have everything, but the Knights are too much to handle in the Championship game.

Rimouski Oceanic
The QHL Champions
The OHL and WHL champs play a very physical game with strong defences, and stops the high offensive power for the 'q'.

Ottawa 67's
Got in by default. No champs here. Most likely no wins in this tournament too.

peatfan
05-17-2005, 02:48 AM
My predictions are:
1- Kelowna 6 pts
2- London 4 pts
3- Rimouski 2 pts
4- Ottawa 0 pts

S/F Rimouski over London 5-3, with Crosby scoring 2 and getting 2 assists

Finals Kelowna wins 3-1 :bounce:

Scout
05-17-2005, 04:34 PM
Each league was to send a ref to represent their division. You would want to send the best you have you would think. The W.H.L. sends Pee Wee Herman as their man. If that is the best we have then our reffing is in worse shape than i thought.

Scout

The_Vulk
05-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Referees - Hometown - Memorial Cup Experience
Richard Forest - Laval, Quebec (1st)
Mark Hicks - LaSalle, Ontario (1st)
Derek Herman - St. Albert, Alberta (1st)

Linesmen
Mike Bolibruck - Thorold, Ontario (1st)
Joe Celestin - London, Ontario (2nd)
Ken Cox - Mississauga, Ontario (7th)
Kevin Hastings - Kitchener, Ontario (2nd)
Chris Hodgins - Markham, Ontario (1st)
Brent Holdsworth - Hamilton, Ontario (2nd)
Darren Price - Milton, Ontario (1st)
Look at all those rookies (6) and sophomores (3)? ! ?

Other than Ken Cox (7th time).

Have we lost that many officials over the last few years?

The_Vulk
05-28-2005, 08:15 AM
The Rockets were eliminated on Thursday.

Saturday, one more team gets eliminated.

Hope the Oceanic gets to play one more game.

The_Vulk
05-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Woo Hoo!

It is now the #1 CHL Team versus the #2 CHL Team competing in the final for the Memorial Cup!

The Host team, the 2005 OHL Champions, the London Knights versus the 2005 QmjHL Champions, the Rimouski Oceanic!

It should be the best game of the tournament to date, and the best in several years.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Congratulations to the London Knights as they are the 2005 Mastercard Memorial Cup Champions, Also congratulations to the Runner Up Rimouski Oceanic, Sidney Crosby was amazing in the whole Tournament but in the Final he was shut down by the Knight's and their defence. Congradulations to all of the teams who particpated in the Memorial Cup!

The_Vulk
05-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Congrats to the Knights. Definately the best team won it.

Definately a Memorial Cup to remember.