PDA

View Full Version : Regardless of the finnish

Sabes
05-01-2005, 02:15 PM
P.A has already won the championship in my eyes. They knocked off the almost top seeded Saskatoon Blades in 4 straight. They then upset the defending WHL champions in the Medicine Hat Tigers in a 6 game series. If they happen to lose tonight or in game 7 I hope the fans give the Raiders a standing-o for what they have achieved this post-season.

Wildeyes
05-02-2005, 08:00 PM
this has been a good yr but its not over bring on da rockets

Knuckle Chucker
05-02-2005, 08:44 PM
this has been a good yr but its not over bring on da rockets

Lets get past Brandon first

BWK
05-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Lets get past Brandon first

I just want to say (before game 7 is played) that which-ever team wins tomorrow, I hope they just trounce Kelowna on their way to the Memorial Cup.

After the way the East div. was critisized all season, somehow that would be poetic justice.

Just hope tomorrow is a clear victory that fans of either team can accept without blaming anything except the skill of the winning team.

Go Wheaties

Knuckle Chucker
05-03-2005, 09:11 AM
I just want to say (before game 7 is played) that which-ever team wins tomorrow, I hope they just trounce Kelowna on their way to the Memorial Cup.

After the way the East div. was critisized all season, somehow that would be poetic justice.

Just hope tomorrow is a clear victory that fans of either team can accept without blaming anything except the skill of the winning team.

Go Wheaties

Excellent post :thumb:

I agree with everything you said except "go wheaties"
It should be "Go Raiders" :D

Jovorock
05-03-2005, 11:19 AM
I hope they just trounce Kelowna on their way to the Memorial Cup.

Why no love for the Rockets? What did we do?

BWK
05-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Why no love for the Rockets? What did we do?

Nothing personal. Just another speed-bump on the road to London :)

westbeach55
05-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Nothing personal. Just another speed-bump on the road to London :)

haha more like a road block you ain't going through

Jovorock
05-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Ha ha, I'll let you two fight about who is coming to Kelowna. Good luck to both teams, looking forward to Friday night. Too bad the game tonite isn't on tv. :burningma

Knuckle Chucker
05-04-2005, 09:54 AM
o.k i cant stop now ..check it out

chipper - colliton - aki
kozak' - erickson' - byers
depape - doucette - hellyer
lepp - ottman - elder

may - thelan
gauthier - palazzo
wilson - lukacovic
collins , jones, vann

beauch, archibald

= fantastic

This will look a lot different if there is NHL next year. JC and Beauch would play pro and maybe Kozak. You have four 20 yr olds so one of Kozak, Erickson, Beauch, JC whould have to go. Shafer is a 20 yr old as well. Wilson will not be back. He has not put on any weight and that was the issue this year so Jones or Shafer (depending on the 20yr old situation) moves into the spot. I would think that we will go after another import so Lukacovic may not be back.

There will be some hard choices next year but that is a good thing. We will have a very competitive team with the potential to go even deeper into the play.

GO RAIDERS GO

Triton
05-04-2005, 12:55 PM
I don't think Beauchemin or Colliton will be back.Also we will have a ton of 20's like Erickson,Novak,Kozak,Waker,Schafer,and well maybe Colliton ,and Beauchemin.Also you have to think that Aki could go pro.So with Archie in goal and no schlenker or Fritshaw,the raiders will be competative but it could be another year or two.The defence will be young and have potential..but potential doesn't win championships just yet.Look for the 20's to be Novak,kozak and Schafer(they need someone back there).Raiders won't be the beasts of the east just yet.

Knuckle Chucker
05-04-2005, 02:09 PM
With the NHL up inthe air the makeup of our team is also up in the air. Our 3 20 yr olds will come down to who battles hardest in camp and potential trades. If Reggie and JC are back that last spot will be an extreme battle with Kozak having the edge IMO.

Our D may be young but they will be seasoned. Good chance Thelan will be here. This playoff run will do wonders for our team next year.

If Reggie is not back, Archie will be fine. Reggie has said that Archie is better at his age then Reggie was at the same age.

Anything can happen in the playoffs but I think we have a team that can go even deeper next year. They will be extremely hungry and seasoned. Many teams in many sports have had to get close and taste it before they actually do it. Look at Brandon. They lost out last year to MH and this year they advance.

Coaching is what is going to put this team over the top. Guys like Manson and Anholt only except a winning attitude. Pete told me that the big thing this year is to bring the winning tradition and attitude back to the Raiders. He wants his boys to expect to be playing deep into the playoffs. That attitude was not here for a long time. It is now.