PDA

View Full Version : Doyle Traded?

Toswammi
11-26-2009, 08:05 AM
According to a few blogs (Drinnan, Keen). The Broncos have dealt Doyle to Portland for Travis Bobbee. We will see if it becomes official today.

ointhecreek
11-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Another smallish, non scoring dman. More powder puff hockey.:(

trucker
11-26-2009, 10:33 AM
I think Lamb made an awsome deal! Considering we actually get an active player for a 20, compared to just a few draft picks. And now with Tassone and Stickland staying we become a very deep and gifted offensive team. I thought Doyle would stay but I'm glad I'm wrong. Good trade and go bronco's!!!!!!

dodywood4ever
11-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Still hoping for some grit. I mean christ Brown out from a knock out an Scralett injured from getting buckled? This isnt good.

Flathead
11-26-2009, 11:05 AM
I think it came down to Stickland for draft picks or Doyle for Bobbee. I would have went with the draft pick(s) and kept Doyle. But that's just what I think.

Toswammi
11-26-2009, 11:20 AM
I think it came down to Stickland for draft picks or Doyle for Bobbee. I would have went with the draft pick(s) and kept Doyle. But that's just what I think.

Meh i would take something i know about then gamble on a fifth/sixth round pick.

Toswammi
11-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Doyle was one of the better defencemen i have seen play. I think the Broncos will miss him more then some of you realize. i mean getting a defencemen for him is good but ...

There are good things and bad things about every player. I am alright with him being dealt simply because i have seen our defense without him in the lineup. Really this year is about getting some of the young guys playing time without going into a full tank mode. I still believe if we can get a solid goaltender to be playing for us next year (and it could be Ortio) we can make some kind of run.

Flathead
11-26-2009, 04:36 PM
Doyle was one of the better defencemen i have seen play. I think the Broncos will miss him more then some of you realize. i mean getting a defencemen for him is good but ...

I'm with you.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-26-2009, 05:20 PM
doesnt make much sense, since the Broncos now have a weaker defensive core, and behind them a goaltender that isnt exactly a world beater. Seems like you traded an already soft defenceman for a soft defenceman with less skill. It would have made more sense to send Stickland for Bobbee(like I said in last thread) instead of Doyle, with Tassone slipping in as an upgrade and Bobbee being added to the defence.

...but the biggest problem for you guys dont have a PP QB anymore. I mean, its also kind of hard to expect a guy who was 5th defenceman on the depth chart in portland to jump ahead to top pairing somewhere else. Claffey isnt that offensive minded to begin with, and Bobbee has even less points on a more offensive team.

This more than anything sends the message that you guys arent geared towards contending this year, despite a good offence.

Flathead
11-26-2009, 07:01 PM
doesnt make much sense, since the Broncos now have a weaker defensive core, and behind them a goaltender that isnt exactly a world beater. Seems like you traded an already soft defenceman for a soft defenceman with less skill. It would have made more sense to send Stickland for Bobbee(like I said in last thread) instead of Doyle, with Tassone slipping in as an upgrade and Bobbee being added to the defence.

...but the biggest problem for you guys dont have a PP QB anymore. I mean, its also kind of hard to expect a guy who was 5th defenceman on the depth chart in portland to jump ahead to top pairing somewhere else. Claffey isnt that offensive minded to begin with, and Bobbee has even less points on a more offensive team.

This more than anything sends the message that you guys arent geared towards contending this year, despite a good offence.

Well said!!

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
11-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Does this mean Tassone is ready to go this weekend?

Broncs in RD
11-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Some arrogant Jerk.....I don't think anyone in Swift Current thinks we will or should contend THIS year. (make the playoffs...YES), but contend????
I think Mark Lamb is gearing up for next year.
We should get (Ortio) the finnish goaltender next year. Our 20's next year will be Bobbee, Clark, Brown, Dowling, Novotny. I think it is pretty safe to say our 20's would be Novotny, Dowling and Bobbee. That means our forward lines this year minus Stickland, will be our forward lines next year. I would say that could be very scary as they are lighting it up this year already.
This move gives our young Dmen a full year and lots of ice time in different situations to build towards next year.
Now I think a Dman like Doyle should of fetched at least a highend 2nd or 3rd round pick as well. We lost a 20 for a 19 we got OK value in return.

CrazyGeorge
11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
For some reason, I don't think Mr. Lamb is done with moves before the trade deadline...I think a few minor moves here and there will be made. We have lots of great 15 year olds that as 16 year olds next year will have a great opportunity in making this lineup. I like how Lamb has given our young players an equal opportunity for quality minutes. Look at the likes of Scarlett, Craig, and Lowry and next year possibly Howorko, Newton, Lashyn for example.

Flathead
11-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Some arrogant Jerk.....I don't think anyone in Swift Current thinks we will or should contend THIS year. (make the playoffs...YES), but contend????
I think Mark Lamb is gearing up for next year.
We should get (Ortio) the finnish goaltender next year. Our 20's next year will be Bobbee, Clark, Brown, Dowling, Novotny. I think it is pretty safe to say our 20's would be Novotny, Dowling and Bobbee. That means our forward lines this year minus Stickland, will be our forward lines next year. I would say that could be very scary as they are lighting it up this year already.
This move gives our young Dmen a full year and lots of ice time in different situations to build towards next year.
Now I think a Dman like Doyle should of fetched at least a highend 2nd or 3rd round pick as well. We lost a 20 for a 19 we got OK value in return.

No chance of getting Ortio this year??

Toswammi
11-28-2009, 09:37 AM
No chance of getting Ortio this year??

Nope

dodywood4ever
11-28-2009, 12:03 PM
I see Peddle got buckled last night. This is beyond pathetic. Then I go to the Blades game and see Donaghy from the Canes drop em with McNaught and beat him. McNaught, in my opinion, must be the toughest guy in the dub. And the canes got Donaghy for a 6th round pick. Dont tell me these guys arent out there. Thats garbage. We just prefer to see 16 year olds and 5'10 guys get dropped over and over. Oh and Donaghy plays a regular shift and doesnt hurt the team one bit.

dodywood4ever
11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Oh and here is a clip of the guy we had traded for and dealt right away. Who needs a guy ike this anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJkZDgv1LX0&feature=player_embedded

ointhecreek
11-28-2009, 12:22 PM
I see Peddle got buckled last night. This is beyond pathetic. Then I go to the Blades game and see Donaghy from the Canes drop em with McNaught and beat him. McNaught, in my opinion, must be the toughest guy in the dub. And the canes got Donaghy for a 6th round pick. Dont tell me these guys arent out there. Thats garbage. We just prefer to see 16 year olds and 5'10 guys get dropped over and over. Oh and Donaghy plays a regular shift and doesnt hurt the team one bit.

I agree with you. Getting tired of the powder puff hockey and our small skilled guys getting beat up.vc124

SectionNDeserter
11-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Thats garbage. We just prefer to see 16 year olds and 5'10 guys get dropped over and over.They are out there, but they are overage, and you are giving up an enormous amount of skill to get them. That Ramsay kid would have been good, had he reported.

Flathead
11-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Nope

I pretty much new that, but we need a goalie. Will Ortio come next year??

CrazyGeorge
11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
If Ortio does return and Novotny as well...wouldn't that result in two twenty year old Euro's? Two europeans taking up two 20 year old spots and our two euro spots...is it worth it for these two players if that is indeed the case?

Toswammi
11-28-2009, 05:36 PM
If Ortio does return and Novotny as well...wouldn't that result in two twenty year old Euro's? Two europeans taking up two 20 year old spots and our two euro spots...is it worth it for these two players if that is indeed the case?

Ortio is 18 this year. Drafted in last years draft.

CrazyGeorge
11-28-2009, 07:16 PM
I stand corrected...I thought he was 19.

Broncs in RD
11-29-2009, 01:53 AM
The Flames still want him to come to North America to play, With Ferguson being well respected and good friends with Sutter you may see him here after the world juniors, but more than likely next year. Hockey is a wierd world a favor here and a favor there and BAM we get our goalie.