PDA

View Full Version : Schenn makes NHL debut tonight

dagley
11-26-2009, 02:57 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=300004

Atta boy Schenner, good to see you finally getting a chance to shine in the big stage cause of injury. Hopefully we can have you back for the game tomorrow against SC!

Boltz9
11-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I'd be shocked if he played tomorrow night.

Trevor
11-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Wheaties website expects him back for game time.

Boltz9
11-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Ya I saw that too, still my prediction that he won't be in the lineup tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong. Theres also the possibility that he signs a contract after the game and stays with the Kings for 9 or less games.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-26-2009, 05:25 PM
that wont happen, schenn is coming back. They wouldnt interrupt his development like that.

That would also be a pretty bad kick in the pants to a memorial cup host if they kept him.

Vik
11-26-2009, 07:02 PM
that wont happen, schenn is coming back. They wouldnt interrupt his development like that.

That would also be a pretty bad kick in the pants to a memorial cup host if they kept him.

If they just keep him for 9 games, it won't really matter.

LA's been hurting lately but I'm still pretty surprised they brought him up. Looks like he's replacing Loktionov who got hurt in his first game last night. Hopefully Schenn's debut goes a little better.

Trevor
11-26-2009, 07:08 PM
He's taking Jarret Stoll's spot in the lineup, centering Frolov and Brown.

Allin44
11-26-2009, 07:28 PM
THEY CANNOT KEEP HIM UNLESS THE NHL ALLOWS THEM TO CONTINUE USE HIM AS AN EMERGENCY CALLUP

Dwight Schrute
11-27-2009, 12:46 AM
schenn finished -1 with 12:31 of ice time over 19 shifts won 4 faceoffs lost 10

brandonboy
11-27-2009, 10:05 AM
THEY CANNOT KEEP HIM UNLESS THE NHL ALLOWS THEM TO CONTINUE USE HIM AS AN EMERGENCY CALLUP

If they sign him they can keep him for as long as they want, they just wont want to keep him past 9 games. If they do they would have to pay him the full amount of his contract and that would count against the cap. And I acctualy think they have 11 games but I could be wrong!

Allin44
11-27-2009, 10:30 AM
If they sign him they can keep him for as long as they want, they just wont want to keep him past 9 games. If they do they would have to pay him the full amount of his contract and that would count against the cap. And I acctualy think they have 11 games but I could be wrong!

No.They.Can't.

brandonboy
11-27-2009, 11:25 AM
No.They.Can't.

Like I said I may be wrong! But im pretty sure because Schenn wasnt singed than sent back to play junior they can sing him and keep him at any point. But had they singed him, than sent him back to the wheaties, they could only call him up on a emergancy basis and that is if the league allowed it. Or when his junior team finished there season. I have no idea where to even look this up, so if you have the time maybe you could find something to deny/confirme it....

dagley
11-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Like I said I may be wrong! But im pretty sure because Schenn wasnt singed than sent back to play junior they can sing him and keep him at any point. But had they singed him, than sent him back to the wheaties, they could only call him up on a emergancy basis and that is if the league allowed it. Or when his junior team finished there season. I have no idea where to even look this up, so if you have the time maybe you could find something to deny/confirme it....

They can't sign him and keep him, he HAS to come back...since he already started the season in the CHL. The CHL/WHL had to sign off to even let him play a game...the Kings can keep him for a bit, but he has to come back until our season is officially over, which isn't till the end of May.

Allin44
11-27-2009, 11:54 AM

Its a private agreement between the CHL and NHL, but the rule for years has been once returned to junior(regardless of contract status) you cannot leave your junior team unless on an emergency recall or your teams season is done

Link Dog
11-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Ya I saw that too, still my prediction that he won't be in the lineup tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong. Theres also the possibility that he signs a contract after the game and stays with the Kings for 9 or less games.

I think it would be better for him to rest a couple of days, jet lag and all. ;)

dagley
11-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Id play him tonight then leave him home on Saturday

Allin44
11-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Id play him tonight then leave him home on Saturday

What about him meeting the team in SC on Saturday? Can stop over in Regina or Saskatoon

brandonboy
11-27-2009, 02:04 PM
What about him meeting the team in SC on Saturday? Can stop over in Regina or Saskatoon

Schenn's tuff he can handle both games, he only played 12 mins last night. I think he'll be just fine....

Allin44
11-27-2009, 02:55 PM
by the end of tomorrow thats 4 in 4 + a practice with about 8 or 9 hrs of flight, and probably 12 hours of driving(BDN - WPG, WPG - BDN, driving to Vancouver, and to Swift)

I'd die

dagley
11-27-2009, 03:13 PM
He also in better condition then all of us combined :P

brandonboy
11-27-2009, 03:30 PM
So even though it dont matter anymore ( the Kings said that Schenn will not be making the trip to LA ) I spent some time looking into it, and because Schenn is a RFA the team with his rights can sign him and have him come up at any point in the season! With that said, if he were to play over ten games the first year of his contract would kick in and he would be paid his salery! If like Eberle, Schenn had been signed and sent back he could only be called up on a emergancy basis if the league decided the NHL team meet the criteria. i.e. Your afiliat team was to far away and the junior player was within range!

Allin44
11-27-2009, 04:22 PM
So even though it dont matter anymore ( the Kings said that Schenn will not be making the trip to LA ) I spent some time looking into it, and because Schenn is a RFA the team with his rights can sign him and have him come up at any point in the season! With that said, if he were to play over ten games the first year of his contract would kick in and he would be paid his salery! If like Eberle, Schenn had been signed and sent back he could only be called up on a emergancy basis if the league decided the NHL team meet the criteria. i.e. Your afiliat team was to far away and the junior player was within range!

From what I gather though there is an unwritten rule not to do this and no GM would be dik enough to try ( now that Mctavish is gone that is) :laugh:

Hes not an RFA hes an unsigned draft choice. Big difference.

And everything else in your post..

patsdude114
11-27-2009, 04:57 PM
once a player is returned to his junior team signed or not they can only be called back up as an emergency call up or after his junior teams season is done.

Its kind of the same thing dealing with 15 year olds in the WHL/CHL they are only allowed to play 5 games during the season UNTIL there midget teams season is complete then they are able to play as much as they want in the WHL. Just dealing with different ages here is all

Vik
11-27-2009, 07:40 PM
From what I gather though there is an unwritten rule not to do this and no GM would be dik enough to try ( now that Mctavish is gone that is) :laugh:

Uh..."Mctavish"?