PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!

Spungy
05-01-2005, 11:56 PM
It was a great series! Well played Kelowna! Congrats on the Western Conferance Championship! Take it all the way now!

kelownakarl
05-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Wow what a party at Prospera today! Everyone was in such a joyous mood and the win was just a great way to cap off a series. The ICE came hard and never quit. Caps off to them and such a great season. See you next year ICE, cheers.

Jovorock
05-02-2005, 09:35 AM
This series was up and down, so many curves thrown. Kelowna outplayed the Ice in game five and the Ice out played the Rockets in game six. Kelowna had moments last night when they dominated, but not consitently until overtime.

Glass and Yeomans let in some crappy goals, but both of them played overall great this series and kept both of their teams in the series.

Weber played great, he's playing like he the old Shea before he left for the world juniors.

Too bad for Dawes getting injured, thats probly the last that we will see of him in this league. We'll see him in the NHL someday.

I was really impressed with Russell, he took his game to another level after Dawes was injured. He's going to be a very good player.

Spungy
05-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Great analogy of the games Jovo! isn't russel just great? Can't wait until next season he is going to be great to watch!

i only got to listen to the game last night but it definately sounded like both goalies were standing on their heads!
well most of the time anyhow :D

Sput
05-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Congrats Kelowna! The Rockets really turned things up when they had to, and made the most of the breaks they got in the games.

I think its going to be Brandon in the finals, but who knows. My predictions have been horrible this playoffs. I wonder if there are going to be some flights booked if it is the Wheaties, both for the team and fans.

after all the smoke clears, I will say Kelowna in the Cup again this year. Maybe even so far as to say Kelowna/London final, but that isn't a given yet.

Good luck in the Dub finals guys. :thumb:

mccabe23
05-02-2005, 10:40 AM
What can you say about Shea Weber? Sure, hockey is a team game and the Rockets are a great team but Shea single-handedly beat the Ice. He was a man aong boys out there.

Way to go Rockets!!!! We got something pretty special going on here in the Okanagan. It's been one hell of a ride and it keeps getting better!

Jovorock
05-02-2005, 11:51 AM
I wonder if there are going to be some flights booked if it is the Wheaties, both for the team and fans.

GM Hamilton was interviewed last night and the flying question was asked to him. I was surprised that both teams have to fly or both have to bus it. The league will only allow a team to fly. Kelowna could afford it but could PA or Brandon? Twenty hour bus ride to Brandon, probly about sixteen to PA. Prettty brutal.

Teaps
05-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Agreed....so if 1 team flys the other one has to and if 1 busses, the other team has to bus as well? I thought i heard something about another team flying this year???

mccabe23
05-02-2005, 12:07 PM
:laugh: Anyone else see Mosienko do a header out of the bench onto the ice after Shea scored? That had to hurt! :laugh:

DoubleDee
05-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Agreed....so if 1 team flys the other one has to and if 1 busses, the other team has to bus as well? I thought i heard something about another team flying this year???

You may be referring to the Hitmen when they had to fly into Kelowna and then bus to Kamloops for a game. I don't think it matters during the regular season. Also, that case was because the highway was closed.

I know I checked on airfare today to go to game 3 & 4 and boy oh boy it is sure out of my league. :(

I also want to extend my congratulations to the Rockets! Way to go boys! Thank you to Kootenay for making it very interesting. I hope you Kootenay fans heard the cheering that Jeff Glass got when he received the first star. Kelowna fans do have some class ;)

Jovorock
05-02-2005, 01:14 PM
:laugh: Anyone else see Mosienko do a header out of the bench onto the ice after Shea scored? That had to hurt! :laugh:
I didn't see it but a couple people that did said it was pretty funny.

How Ofukany's hit on Brusto, man did he ever crunch him shoulder to face :clap:

He also nailed Sagat, some Kootenay fans on the IceLand board said that it was a dirty hit knee to knee? Anyone see it to see if that's true.

Teaps
05-02-2005, 01:40 PM
It was a knee on knee...But like i said Jovo...The ICE cannot take a hit and Sagat turned out of the way at...just like Dawes...the last second...All Sagat's fault for injuring himself.....

The_Vulk
05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Congrats on winning the Western Conference.

Now take it the rest of the way!

Definding Memorial Cup Champs to defind that title! :groovy:

(Just don't forget, you still have hockey to play to get there.)

rinkrat
05-02-2005, 05:06 PM
congratulations,Rocket fans.Your team deserved to win!Nice touch giving Glass the ovation for the first star.Classy move by the fans.Good luck in the championship series.

mccabe23
05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
congratulations,Rocket fans.Your team deserved to win!Nice touch giving Glass the ovation for the first star.Classy move by the fans.Good luck in the championship series.

Thank you Rinkrat! Deep down, we all knew you were a Rocket fan at heart! :laugh:

rinkrat
05-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Thank you Rinkrat! Deep down, we all knew you were a Rocket fan at heart! :laugh:
lol you're funny!!! Actually a Buckaroo fan...Huge! Probably before your time...It must cost you guys alot for tickets to all these "extra" games.Oh well,wish I had that problem ;)

SimonTemplar
05-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Congrats Rockets on huge win over The Ice.

One more hurdle to jump and talk about travel.( possibly Manitoba )

Oh well if you win it your closer to Ontario for The Memorial Cup.

GL in WHL finals.

mccabe23
05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
It must cost you guys alot for tickets to all these "extra" games.Oh well,wish I had that problem ;)

Money well spent! :thumb:

Jovorock
05-03-2005, 06:12 AM
lol you're funny!!! Actually a Buckaroo fan...Huge! Probably before your time...
When the Rockets moved to Kelowna I was hoping that they would change the name to the Buckaroos. Hansen, McKinnon, Turner, Owens, Audicky, yes those were the days.

Watching Bucky Owens 5'8" fighting Barry Beck was great. Remember the Red Deer Rustlers series? There was a five on five that series and I still remember Murrey Hansen feeding some defensman from the Rustlers a steady diet of rights against the glass.

rinkrat
05-03-2005, 05:32 PM
When the Rockets moved to Kelowna I was hoping that they would change the name to the Buckaroos. Hansen, McKinnon, Turner, Owens, Audicky, yes those were the days.

Watching Bucky Owens 5'8" fighting Barry Beck was great. Remember the Red Deer Rustlers series? There was a five on five that series and I still remember Murrey Hansen feeding some defensman from the Rustlers a steady diet of rights against the glass.
Ya they got pretty nasty...I didn't remember Barry Beck.Didn't he play for the NW Bruins?Archie McKinnon was straight outta "slapshot" especially the glasses...Remember Rob Neeld?He invented the clear face mask(the Neeld Shield) after his brother lost an eye.How about the play by play guy.Jim Hughson!
Also I remeber Ray Ferraro getting smoked behind the Penticton net(knights or vees?) It caused a wicked brawl.One of my favorites was Rod Danchuck#16 and Big Bad Bill Audycki #5...Still have several programs.Those were the days!

Jovorock
05-04-2005, 06:13 AM
I didn't remember Barry Beck.Didn't he play for the NW Bruins?Archie McKinnon was straight outta "slapshot" especially the glasses...Remember Rob Neeld?.How about the play by play guy.Jim Hughson!
Also I remeber Ray Ferraro getting smoked behind the Penticton net(knights or vees?) It caused a wicked brawl.
Yes Beck played for the Bruins, Archie could of been the forth Hansen brother for sure. I remember the one time Neeld had a fight, he took the shield off and made sure his hair was straight and nice. :confused:

That brawl was unreal, my buddy Jeff Armitage was on top of some guy beating the crap out of him and he was laughing looking at me and my buddies.