PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Blades Memories

Billy Blade
01-20-2005, 09:09 AM
What are some of your favourite Blades memories? I still remember going to games at the old barn as a kid, being amazed at the energy and volume of the crowds there. Everything was so close to the action, it was just so incredible to be in a packed house every night, people waiting outside in the cold lining up for blocks hours before the box office would open to get playoff tickets. The awesome rink burgers which were the only ones to rival those found in Prince Albert and Moose Jaw... Wendel Clark, Kory Kocur, Dave Struch, Tim Cheveldae, Tony Twist, Kelly Chase, Dave Brown, Bruce Eakin, Marc Habscheid, Leroy Gorski, Roger Kortko... I could go on and on. Those guys were so much fun to watch.

Some of the most tragic Blades memories... losing in overtime to Swift Current in the Memorial Cup final. That was gut-wrenching. I stayed at the rink for what seemed like hours in utter disbelief. I saw Mike Greenlay the goaltender walking out to his car when I headed to mine and he was so dejected. He played unbelievably above his head and deserved to win so badly. That one hurt for awhile, who knows when they'll ever get back there.