PDA

View Full Version : New Goaltender!

scbfan
12-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Swift Current, SK---Swift Current Broncos General Manager and Head Coach Mark Lamb has announced the club has acquired 19 year old goaltender Mark Friesen from the Chilliwack Bruins in exchange for a 3rd round bantam pick in 2010.

Friesen, from Winkler Manitoba, is in his 3rd WHL season. The 5’11” goaltender has a career goals against average of 3.21 and a career save percentage of .904 in 99 regular season and playoff games.

Head coach and general manager Mark Lamb says: “We wanted to add some experienced depth to our goaltending position. We are confident in our goaltending as Mark has nearly 100 WHL games experience. He is a quick agile goaltender.”

This is the third deal between the Broncos and Bruins since the end of the 2009 season.
Right from WHL web site! So what is the next move?

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I'll hold judgement until we see him play, but maybe now we can get some consistant goaltending. Clark just isn't cutting it most nights.

Toswammi
12-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I'll hold judgement until we see him play, but maybe now we can get some consistant goaltending. Clark just isn't cutting it most nights.

He's got a better Save Percentage than Clark. I would think that this means Clarks end with Swift is near. No way we are keeping two nineteen year old goalies here this year.

CrazyGeorge
12-02-2009, 04:08 PM
You also have to think that perhaps Ortio could be a Bronco next year as well...my thinking is Clarke is the one being moved or placed in a package of some sort.

Toswammi
12-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Sirard got sent down to Camrose in the AJHL this mourning.

yates_19
12-05-2009, 12:20 AM
Looks like Friesen is a pretty good goalie. Hard to say ater just one game but seemed pretty cool under pressure tonight. Has my vote for the starting position

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
12-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I thought he was pretty slow getting across the crease on the goal that was scored, but all in all he had a decent night and the team played well in front of him. I hold judgement until I see him in a few more games.

yates_19
12-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah you right he did look a little bit slow at the start. Maybe a little nervous to make an impression at home. And yeah the team did play well in front of him. But still looks good

Flathead
12-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't think he got pulled last night becaUse of his play. I think he got pulled to try to get the team to play. After the bear toss, we quite playing. that bear toss can be such a momentum killer.

ointhecreek
12-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't think he got pulled last night becaUse of his play. I think he got pulled to try to get the team to play. After the bear toss, we quite playing. that bear toss can be such a momentum killer.

None of the goals were his fault, imo. There was all around bad play by forwards and defense. How many times do you let a player skate out from the corner and shoot before he scores? The only thing pulling a goaltender that early does is damage his confidence. What ever the reason, it didn't work.

Toswammi
12-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Well if Ortio/Friesen don't pan out. We could steal a Latvian goalie ;)

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
12-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Agreed. Both the Latvian goalies were solid.