PDA

View Full Version : Eakin

Toswammi
12-03-2009, 05:24 PM
So how do you think he will do at the tryouts? I think he has a very good shot at being a third/forth line energy player.

sbtatter
12-03-2009, 05:44 PM
So how do you think he will do at the tryouts? I think he has a very good shot at being a third/forth line energy player.

I think he's going to make it, he reminds of Calvert a lot who I think would have made the team last year if he wasn't injured. Eakins ability to skate, score and play any role should make him hard to pass on.....

Flathead
12-05-2009, 10:08 AM
I think he's going to make it, he reminds of Calvert a lot who I think would have made the team last year if he wasn't injured. Eakins ability to skate, score and play any role should make him hard to pass on.....

Agreed and he is the leagues leading goal scorer. I hope he makes it, always makes the world juniors even more exciting when someone from your team makes it. Good luck Cody!!

sbtatter
12-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Agreed and he is the leagues leading goal scorer. I hope he makes it, always makes the world juniors even more exciting when someone from your team makes it. Good luck Cody!!

I dislike Eakin when i'm wearing my WK's jersey!! But I admire him when I take that bias away. The one thing holding him back from being a 1st rounder i thought was his durability, but that has not been a problem so far this season. I honestly don't see how Team Canada pass on him.....

Toswammi
12-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Well he survived the first series of cuts. Not bad considering he was pencilled in as the extra forward for team White.

Flathead
12-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Well he survived the first series of cuts. Not bad considering he was pencilled in as the extra forward for team White.

Final cuts , tomorrow morning. Best of luch Eakin.

ointhecreek
12-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Cut this morn, to bad. I thought he had a good shot. I wonder if they'll fly him out to everett for tonight?

Toswammi
12-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Cut this morn, to bad. I thought he had a good shot. I wonder if they'll fly him out to everett for tonight?

Don't know about tonight (i guess it depends on how quickly he can get a flight to Seattle/Van, etc.) but he should be there for the weekend

lordstanley
12-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Fly him to Everett for tonights game lol no way in the world they may even send him back early for the xmas break to be with his familly he has had a busy sked so far red vs white series then these tryouts as well as playing over 30 games with the Broncoes

witness
12-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Too bad. I thought that Eakin had a good chance at cracking the roster. The good news is he didn't play himself off the roster, he actually had a good camp.
I just don't know if he will get the chance next year. I think he has a real shot at playing in the NHL this time next year.

eighty
12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Too bad. I thought that Eakin had a good chance at cracking the roster. The good news is he didn't play himself off the roster, he actually had a good camp.
I just don't know if he will get the chance next year. I think he has a real shot at playing in the NHL this time next year.

I doubt it, he needs another year to develop. Maybe a few preseason games at most with the Caps. He needs to dominate in the dub next year and help the Broncos win the division and gain some experience winning. Basically the same thing Eberle is doing this year. Except Regina isn't exactly winning a lot of games yet ha.

ointhecreek
12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Keener reporting he is on his way to Seattle and will play tonight in Everett. Hope he proves hockey canada wrong.

trucker
12-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Ya, I was hearing Eakin was playing tonight as well. As far as next year goes, (not to discredit Eakin) I would expect him back as well, pretty tough to crack the Capitals lineup at 19. Tough luck for him but this good news for the Broncos!! Now we can really bury Regina in the standings.