for

Ashton + Reddington + Henke

Depape + 2nd round pick

for

Hamonic

Sean Acolste

for

Miller

After being at the rinks this weekend and talking with a few scouts and such. These are some of the big rumors that are making the rounds.

One of the big concerns that alot of people seem to think is we lack a little size up front and depth on Defense. These 3 deals would help with that.

Ashton Schenn Acolste
Lewadniuk Fehr Rajala
Stone Van De Velde Henke
Hale Ferland Ciarelli
King,Walker

Robak Urbom
Hamonic Schnieder
Bestland Reddington
Melnychuk

Allin44
12-06-2009, 10:07 PM
where do we sign?

Allin44
12-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Glennie + Erdhardt + Jason Swriypa

for

Ashton + Reddington + Henke

Depape + 2nd round pick

for

Hamonic

Sean Acolste

for

Miller

After being at the rinks this weekend and talking with a few scouts and such. These are some of the big rumors that are making the rounds.

One of the big concerns that alot of people seem to think is we lack a little size up front and depth on Defense. These 3 deals would help with that.

Ashton Schenn Acolste
Lewadniuk Fehr Rajala
Stone Van De Velde Henke
Hale Ferland Ciarelli
King,Walker

Robak Urbom
Hamonic Schnieder
Bestland Reddington
Melnychuk

Wait, did we Trade Calvert too?

Trevor
12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Don't see Calvert anywhere in his trades, likely just overlooked him.

Aside from the Miller trade I'd be happy.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
12-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Glennie/Ashton trade looks allright assuming the prospect reports...though MJ isnt likely to be 'bought out' of the hunt. They have near unmatched team speed, while still having some grit. Just a week ago or so, you guys probably thought the warriors were a better team so far in the season.

Hamonic would require a bigger package than that anyways, he has been one of the best defencemen in this first half of the season.

Acolatse for Miller is an OK deal, as long as you know Acolatse was moved to the forward position. Seattle might not go for it.

EDIT: I'd try to hook up with Red Deer and maybe trade for Kuemper. Best goalie in the league IMO. You dont want to look like the pats did in 2001 keeping chokoulus. God damn that sucked.

Joe Hallenback
12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
My mistake on Calvert

The thought on Moose Jaw trading away Hamonic is that many believe Moose Jaw will be one of the top teams next season and depending on were they are at they will look at moving him.

Another player thought to be on the Wheat Kings radar is Shayne Wiebe from Kamploops. Local boy would be a welcome addition. I also know that they Wheaties like Tyler Shattock as well.

I think the Wheaties need to add an impact defenseman like Teubert or Hamonic and some depth and size up front.

brandonboy
12-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I would hate to get rid of Miller, that kid is to much fun to watch!

But I still think we should take a crack a Eberle, not cause we need him but because I dont want to see a team like Sask or Calgary to get their hands on him.... And I still think we need to address the goaltending, but are there any good goalies available?

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I would hate to get rid of Miller, that kid is to much fun to watch!

But I still think we should take a crack a Eberle, not cause we need him but because I dont want to see a team like Sask or Calgary to get their hands on him.... And I still think we need to address the goaltending, but are there any good goalies available?

Well there is Braden Holtby......oh wait a second....he is playing in the AHL. oops. So I take it that you guys are not happy with Jacob De Serres?

Joe Hallenback
12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I am fine with the goaltending tandem we have right now. Outside of Martin Jones there really isn't an elite goaltender out there.

wheaties89
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
the only deal i would prolly take is the hamonic one

dagley
12-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I like the idea of potentially getting McNabb from Kootenay more.

patsdude114
12-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I am fine with the goaltending tandem we have right now. Outside of Martin Jones there really isn't an elite goaltender out there.

Martin Jones is not a elite goalie in this league... He plays on a power house he struggles when he faces quality scoring chances. Look at the League final last year against Kelowna, also if u watched the shaw game on friday night between Vancouver & Calgary, Jones looked bad a few times cuz he isnt used to facing quality chances. Id take Ketlo over Jones any day, and im not a huge Ketlo supporter either but he is decent.

Dwight Schrute
12-07-2009, 08:12 PM
who are the guys the wheaties are willing to deal.
id have to assume their 1st and 2nd rounders are in play.

Dwight Schrute
12-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Martin Jones is not a elite goalie in this league... He plays on a power house he struggles when he faces quality scoring chances. Look at the League final last year against Kelowna, also if u watched the shaw game on friday night between Vancouver & Calgary, Jones looked bad a few times cuz he isnt used to facing quality chances. Id take Ketlo over Jones any day, and im not a huge Ketlo supporter either but he is decent.

justin pogge syndrome ?

Allin44
12-07-2009, 08:25 PM

Anybody besides

Schenn
Rajala
Calvert
Urbom
Robak

to a lesser extent you won't see Fehr or Lewie traded just because they are 20s

dagley
12-07-2009, 08:25 PM

I would definitely assume our 1st/2nd round picks would be available, also I can see the following players being involved in deals;

Walker, Wilson, DePape, Ciarelli, Ehrhardt, Melnychuk. Bubble players that could be included would be Stone and Hayes.

Boltz9
12-07-2009, 08:51 PM
The goalie I really wanted us to get is Torrie Jung but his stats so far this season don't look very good and he's an overager. But the goaltending recently has looked for good and Deserres has been pretty good in the games I've seen. We just need another premier defenceman like Hamonic.

Dwight Schrute
12-07-2009, 08:54 PM
The goalie I really wanted us to get is Torrie Jung but his stats so far this season don't look very good and he's an overager. But the goaltending recently has looked for good and Deserres has been pretty good in the games I've seen. We just need another premier defenceman like Hamonic.

a puck mover like button ? or is a big name more wanted ?

dagley
12-07-2009, 09:18 PM
a puck mover like button ? or is a big name more wanted ?

A player who has already proved he can do the job.

Dwight Schrute
12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
A player who has already proved he can do the job.

hmm other then cowan there isnt another dman in the league who has proven he can do the job and contribute to a memorial cup win, unless im misunderstanding you.

dagley
12-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I meant simply a player who is a proven player in this league.

Dwight Schrute
12-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I meant simply a player who is a proven player in this league.

who would some of these guys be ?

Boltz9
12-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I personally think Button would be on that list so I agree with you Dwight K. Schrute. Must say you have easily the best name on this site.

Dwight Schrute
12-08-2009, 01:03 AM
I personally think Button would be on that list so I agree with you Dwight K. Schrute. Must say you have easily the best name on this site.

haha thanks , i just threw the name button out there im just curious who others consider to be a proven player

Dwight Schrute
12-08-2009, 05:51 AM
I think Kelly would be happy to land Button as well. I mean theres not alot of 3rd round nhl pick defencemen kicking around the whl especially ones who are only 18 and probably are available because the raiders are sitting 2 good young defencemen everynite

yeah and as it sits i believe 7/8 of our dmen will return.... wall being the exception
we could definatly afford to trade button for a solid forward

dagley
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Button
McNabb
Manning
Hamonic
Deck
Reddington
Barrie (Don't think Kelowna would part with him)

Offsider
12-08-2009, 11:50 AM
New Rumor in Swift Is Kelly wants Eakin, He is a Winnipeg Boy. But Can’t see the Broncos trading him for anything less than the farm

dagley
12-08-2009, 11:58 AM
I cant see Swift trading Eakin

Boltz9
12-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Button
McNabb
Manning
Hamonic
Deck
Reddington

Teubert
Ponich

Dwight Schrute
12-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Button
McNabb
Manning
Hamonic
Deck
Reddington

i think deck will stay

sbtatter
12-08-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't think Tyson barrie fills a gap for us, we need be strong physical d-men more than another playmaker like robak

canes77
12-09-2009, 06:37 AM
hmm other then cowan there isnt another dman in the league who has proven he can do the job and contribute to a memorial cup win, unless im misunderstanding you.

Michael Scott says:
What about Cowan's teammate from their Memorial Cup win in 2008...plays in Lethbridge now on the top D pairing...

Joe Hallenback
12-11-2009, 11:52 AM
I am hoping we can get Hamonic from Moose Jaw he would really stablize our defense core

I think Moose Jaw is going to be very good next year they should have Rowinski and Suer back next year as 20 year olds and Howden,McIllrath, McFaull,Kornelson,Reinbolt,Smith and their 2 euros. I can see Glover being there goalie next year but the could go with the Vet in Bosch.

The could move Frazee,Hood and Edwards in any deal with Hamoic. I woudn't mind anyone of those 3 for bottom 6 depth.

I think the would almost certainly want a 17 year old or 2.

Hamonic + Frazee

For

Depape + Miller + either a pick or prospect like Fransoo

Brandon gets its guy on Defense and some Size and Depth up front. Moose Jaw gets a skilled forward to go with Howden and a nasty ball of hate in Miller plus some future incentive.

Its alot for the Wheaties to give up for 2 guys but you got to pay for a guy like Hamonic and Frazee would be a 20 year old here next year.

Not sure of what Moose Jaw fans think they probably want Stone but I think we need Stone for this year. He is as important I think as a guy like Ferland whom I would not want to deal at all either.

shushu
12-12-2009, 11:13 PM
was talking tonight to one of the billet that sits beside me, he said that kelly m. phones preston on a pretty regular basis..i guess they are trying to hammer out a deal for sbisa... the word is the canes want 2 1st rounder a second and a young player that can fit into the lineup now.......gee i wonder why that trade is takeing so much time....that is an insane amount to give up for one player....................

Boltz9
12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Well we have 2 euros already so I'm not sure what Kelly would do about that.

dagley
12-12-2009, 11:52 PM
We're not getting Sbisa, especially for 2 1sts, a second and a young roster player...especially since we would have to give up on Urbom/Rajala, and both have been playing spectacular.

shushu
12-12-2009, 11:53 PM
and the person i talked to isn't the type to flap his gums just to look important....you have to figure that sbisa being probably the best dman in the dub would be a huge asset to a mem cup team....

t-man
12-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Urbom seemed big and slow from what I seen of him in swift, our forwards blew right by him alot

Boltz9
12-13-2009, 12:13 AM
I agree Sbisa would be an upgrade over Urbom, so would Kelly try to trade Urbom with a pick and/or player for Sbisa? Not too sure if he would do that. Guess we will see.

EOK1
12-13-2009, 12:48 AM
was talking tonight to one of the billet that sits beside me, he said that kelly m. phones preston on a pretty regular basis..i guess they are trying to hammer out a deal for sbisa... the word is the canes want 2 1st rounder a second and a young player that can fit into the lineup now.......gee i wonder why that trade is takeing so much time....that is an insane amount to give up for one player....................

You and your retarded trades wishes. Sbisa isn't worth 1 first rounder, let along 2 and all that other stuff you seem to think he's worth.

Nobody would be stupid enough to make that trade, or any other cockamamie trade you come up with.

shushu
12-13-2009, 01:17 AM
I agree Sbisa would be an upgrade over Urbom, so would Kelly try to trade Urbom with a pick and/or player for Sbisa? Not too sure if he would do that. Guess we will see.

not saying anything is carved in stone, but i heard it tonight from rowats billet and considering he has a link to the team thought i'd throw it out there.... as you say time will tell...................

Crush Kill Destroy
12-13-2009, 11:22 AM
not saying anything is carved in stone, but i heard it tonight from rowats billet and considering he has a link to the team thought i'd throw it out there.... as you say time will tell...................

I highly doubt that Preston is in the habit of sharing trade proposals or details with the billets of players on his team, nor with the players themselves.

Not a very credible source.

shushu
12-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I highly doubt that Preston is in the habit of sharing trade proposals or details with the billets of players on his team, nor with the players themselves.

Not a very credible source.

'' trade rumors'' cause thats what they are rumors.....i dont think you or anyone else on this board has the ear of any gm in the league....so how can you talk about credibility.............

RDRebelsfan
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM

Never heard of Calvin Pickard I guess.

Likely the best goaltender this season.

sbtatter
12-14-2009, 04:48 PM

I wonder what a GM would have to give Seattle for him......

SectionNDeserter
12-14-2009, 04:51 PM

Likely the best goaltender this season.Pickard is the best goaltender I have seen this season, with Heemskirk a close second.

RDRebelsfan
12-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Pickard is the best goaltender I have seen this season, with Heemskirk a close second.

QFT. Especially when he has two wins, both with over 50 saves over arguably the league's top team. Tri-City.

Allin44
12-15-2009, 04:49 PM

I would hazard a guess that Joe meant out there and AVAILABLE

Joe Hallenback
12-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Seattle would never trade a 17 year old goalie as good as Pickard

mckayd2001
12-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Does anyone think that Rene Hunter was brought up from Portage to play so he could maybe be used in a trade?

pensfan87
12-16-2009, 01:06 PM
its a possibility that they are just throwing him into a few games to showcase him to other teams but who knows.

Joe Hallenback
12-16-2009, 01:42 PM
If he is in the lineup against Moose Jaw then yes that might be the case

pensfan87
12-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Joe
that makes perfect sense now i feel like there is a strong possibility we may be getting hamonic from the warriors!!!!

Joe Hallenback
12-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Hunter will play in one of the games this weekend. Again further speculation that either him or someone else like Erdhart or Miller could be moved for a vet like Hamonic.

I can only speculate that if Brandon beats up on MJ this weekend that could add more fuel to the fire. MJ is an up and down team blowing teams out one night then losing 3 straight. Howden is a good player to build around though and they have Morgan Reilly and AJ Johnson coming in next year.

To even further speculate there second second round pick Shayne Gwinner plays for the UFA Bisons in the Alberta AAA midget league. The same team that one Jason Swyripa plays on. You think MJ has there scouts watch Gwinner and spot Swyripa?

I could easily see a deal involving Hamonic + 19 year old depth forward for 17 year old D + prospect + draft pick

dagley
12-18-2009, 11:47 AM
If we got Hamonic, Id ****.

pensfan87
12-18-2009, 01:32 PM
i think we all would

defencerocks
12-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I enjoy cheering for the wheaties with the best of them, but if KM does not bring in a stud (Aulie level) we will be embarrased at the mem cup. Does this mean a 20 up front goes? for sure but this defence does not have the 30 minute go to guy yet. Just my thoughts

Allin44
12-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I enjoy cheering for the wheaties with the best of them, but if KM does not bring in a stud (Aulie level) we will be embarrased at the mem cup. Does this mean a 20 up front goes? for sure but this defence does not have the 30 minute go to guy yet. Just my thoughts

I still do not think Aulie was an elite defenseman. He had the arm length and could push the puck around, but he wasn't very physical

Joe Hallenback
12-19-2009, 09:53 PM
No way in Hell is Brandon trading Stone

sbtatter
12-19-2009, 10:19 PM
No way in Hell is Brandon trading Stone

I would say Stone is an untouchable. If he went it would have to be for Pickard or an elite d-man or 2.
I hope we stay well away from Eberle and Teubert, don't need the first one and the 2nd guy is a little over rated.

pensfan87
12-19-2009, 11:36 PM
It would be a huge compliment to have eberle and teubert but the cost is to high especially to a division rival and we are fine without them, would love to see pickard or hamonic

Allin44
12-20-2009, 08:47 AM
I would say Stone is an untouchable. If he went it would have to be for Pickard or an elite d-man or 2.
I hope we stay well away from Eberle and Teubert, don't need the first one and the 2nd guy is a little over rated.
a-****in-men