PDA

View Full Version : blades trade talk

wango tango
12-07-2009, 01:02 PM
i know the team has struggled, they're still 6-3-1 in their last 10. stuggling used to mean 1-8-1. so a little perspective.

right now the work ethic has suffered, the team is not skating, and when you don't skate and work hard it usually shows up in more penalties, and giving up more goals.

one goal in regulation against red deer, one goal in regulation against medicine hat, two goals in regulation against brandon.

the team has to get out of their funk. and a deal should be made to add more scoring, it was the blades achilles heal last season, and it is starting to look like it again this year.

who's out there?

ashton and sbisa in lethbridge?

shattock and wiebe in kamloops?

st. denis in kelowna?

vincour and raedeke in edmonton?

Dwight Schrute
12-07-2009, 05:36 PM
over the holidays will the blades be losing a few players like niemi (maybe sbisa :P) to the WJ's
siemans and thrower to the under 17 who do you see being called up or brought in ?

wango tango
12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
niemi's hurt. he might not play in the world junior tourney.

siemens and thrower will play for team pacific at the under 17's.

benson for team west at the under 17's.

blades have enough depth at forward to cover for benson without callups.

on defense kiziuk will draw regular duty. right now he and thrower have been alternating. after that i'd guess it would be dietz or klassen on a temporary basis. i would have thought laurent but i don't see him listed on the blades website anymore.

Dwight Schrute
12-07-2009, 10:26 PM
niemi's hurt. he might not play in the world junior tourney.

siemens and thrower will play for team pacific at the under 17's.

benson for team west at the under 17's.

blades have enough depth at forward to cover for benson without callups.

on defense kiziuk will draw regular duty. right now he and thrower have been alternating. after that i'd guess it would be dietz or klassen on a temporary basis. i would have thought laurent but i don't see him listed on the blades website anymore.

thanks

Trav
12-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Dietz, Morin and Kost, least thats who I'd go with first. W. Klassen is already 18 and I can't see him being a regular next year as a 19 yr old not with the other three likely on the team as 17 yr olds.

Dwight Schrute
12-08-2009, 12:58 AM
Dietz, Morin and Kost, least thats who I'd go with first. W. Klassen is already 18 and I can't see him being a regular next year as a 19 yr old not with the other three likely on the team as 17 yr olds.

is kost even in the teams plans ? he isnt even in the top 6 dmen on his midget team ? klassen may come up and show he belongs i am still surprised he was sent down

wango tango
12-10-2009, 09:15 PM
scratch ashton off the list.

st. denis is hurt again.

who does that leave?

sbisa would still be a good addition to the defense.

Trav
12-10-2009, 10:59 PM
have to do something now if they wanna have a shot at the title. Molleken has talked bout their protected list being strong so trading a prospect or two shouldn't hurt them to much.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-10-2009, 11:09 PM
have to do something now if they wanna have a shot at the title. Molleken has talked bout their protected list being strong so trading a prospect or two shouldn't hurt them to much.

Yes I agree.... The options are kind of running out because other teams are scooping up the players that every contending team wants...do something before the deadline. That is if they want to put up and over the top and I think that this year could be the time to go for broke!!!!!

Trav
12-12-2009, 10:26 PM
The Blades barely beat the Rebels tonight which is quite sad seeing how the Blades are at the top of the league standings practically and the Rebels aren't even in a playoff spot. What I saw tonite was the need for a gamebreaker, the Blades have no one really that I'd call a game breaker.

Blades better do something before or at the deadline or else they won't go far AGAIN!!!

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-12-2009, 11:41 PM
This Blades team is starting to confuse me but that is what a team goes through ups and downs throughout a season. It is noticeable that the other players are not really stepping up to the table and contributing. Fans who watch the games should be able to pick these players out. The Blades miss Niemi and Hamilton BADLY. The Blades should do something as others have said. IF the Blades are not winning,then something hopefully will be done.

wango tango
12-13-2009, 09:36 PM
after watching saturdays game, yes i was dumb enough to go out in -33 painfully cold weather, and i know now the blades have to add a player/s who can help the team score. it's not an option, they have to add more punch up front, or the playoffs will be over quick again this year.

the hulak-patterson-wintoneak line has dropped off from the start of the season. the second line, well who is it now?

gallimore's looked a bit better lately, so has toomey and inglis.

elliott has been excellent, and the blades best player on most nights lately.

sbisa and elliott on defense would be incredible.

GBG BLEED BLUE
12-13-2009, 09:57 PM
after watching saturdays game, yes i was dumb enough to go out in -33 painfully cold weather, and i know now the blades have to add a player/s who can help the team score. it's not an option, they have to add more punch up front, or the playoffs will be over quick again this year.

the hulak-patterson-wintoneak line has dropped off from the start of the season. the second line, well who is it now?

gallimore's looked a bit better lately, so has toomey and inglis.

elliott has been excellent, and the blades best player on most nights lately.

sbisa and elliott on defense would be incredible.

Shane Wiebe was traded to Brandon tonight for Jordan Depape.

Trav
12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
So much for Wiebe, time's running out for Molleken...Inglis in my opinion has been one of the best forwards and I agree Elliott has been the Blades best player on most nights lately from what I've seen.

Jaybird
12-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Why does the team not playing well bring you people to the site??? Seems like you are happier when you have something to gripe about!!This is your team, back them instead of complaining.
Merry Christmas!!!

Joe Hallenback
12-14-2009, 02:34 PM
When are Hamilton and Nyemi due back

lordstanley
12-14-2009, 02:48 PM
When are Hamilton and Nyemi due back Niemi i heard is back for the 3 games before xmas then leaves for his team Finland tryouts as for Hamilton after xmas at the earliest there big pices to the Blades team right now

wango tango
12-30-2009, 12:54 PM
raedeke goes to brandon.

i don't know if it makes sense for molleken to do something big. because i don't know if there's anything to trade for that will help put the team over the top.

we have a euro spot open. could sbisa (leth) or vincour (edm) be traded for? which one would you rather have? thinking about what others teams have added i'd want sbisa.

too few sellers, too many buyers, and too high a price to pay.

getting everybody back and healthy is going to help. siemens, thrower, benson, and niemi are all at tourneys. hamilton is back fairly soon from injury. that's five pretty important pieces to get back.

what's left?

shattock in kamloops.

sbisa in lethbridge.

vincour in edmonton.

SectionNDeserter
12-30-2009, 01:20 PM
we have a euro spot open. could sbisa (leth) or vincour (edm) be traded for? which one would you rather have? thinking about what others teams have added i'd want sbisa.Saskatoon has easily the best/deepest blueline in the league. If they did acquire Sbisa, I would have to think it would be at the expense of one of the other young blueliners, possibly being moved for an impact forward.

wango tango
12-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Saskatoon has easily the best/deepest blueline in the league. If they did acquire Sbisa, I would have to think it would be at the expense of one of the other young blueliners, possibly being moved for an impact forward.

i hear ya section n, i just don't know if there's an impact forward out there worth trading for, that'll come at a price i'd be willing to pay.

sbisa, because he's a euro, who will play a limited number of games due to world juniors and olympics, upgrades the blades defense at i'm hoping a reasonable price.

i just don't know if saskatoon can get in a scoring race with brandon or calgary, but maybe the blades can with better defense and goaltending slow those teams down some, and hopefully get enough scoring to squeak by. how's the cliche go about defense.

lordstanley
12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Blades win with 15 skaters last night out of the lineup was Hamilton Benson McNaught Niemi Siemens and Thrower it's still clear to me the Blades need another sniper it's frusterating to see other teams loading up like Brandon getting 2 players i wanted the Blades to nab in the likes of Wiebe and Raedeke Lorne better do something quick specialy with us being shorthanded Why not fill the empte euro spot and get Vincour it's clear Edmonton is rebuilding

sbtatter
12-31-2009, 10:19 AM
i hear ya section n, i just don't know if there's an impact forward out there worth trading for, that'll come at a price i'd be willing to pay.

sbisa, because he's a euro, who will play a limited number of games due to world juniors and olympics, upgrades the blades defense at i'm hoping a reasonable price.

i just don't know if saskatoon can get in a scoring race with brandon or calgary, but maybe the blades can with better defense and goaltending slow those teams down some, and hopefully get enough scoring to squeak by. how's the cliche go about defense.

Maybe you guys could squeeze Eberle out of Regina, that could be the move that wins you the dub....

lordstanley
12-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Thats the elite game breaker we need but at what price is it gonna cost us at i remember when we traded devin Setoguchi to PG we got back Stefan Elliott and a first round draft pick wich turned out to be Duncan Siemens so im thinking were gonna have to give up even a touch more for Ebs like say Brent Benson Dalton Thrower and a first round pick is my guess

sbtatter
12-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Thats the elite game breaker we need but at what price is it gonna cost us at i remember when we traded devin Setoguchi to PG we got back Stefan Elliott and a first round draft pick wich turned out to be Duncan Siemens so im thinking were gonna have to give up even a touch more for Ebs like say Brent Benson Dalton Thrower and a first round pick is my guess

You guys have so many elite young players I think it would be ok to pay what you have to in order to land the scorer you need. We (BWK's), don't have the depth in young guys that you do, so we can't pay for an elite d-man.

lordstanley
12-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Im really liking the way your team is shaping up now with Wiebe Raedeke and Stone on your third line i don't see what more you guys would need and whats with some of your fans always giving Melynchuck a hard time he is a huge plus this year and last year was a + 14 as well he is only 18 really coming into his own now gonna eb a + 25- 30 this year with maybe 35 points

sbtatter
12-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Im really liking the way your team is shaping up now with Wiebe Raedeke and Stone on your third line i don't see what more you guys would need and whats with some of your fans always giving Melynchuck a hard time he is a huge plus this year and last year was a + 14 as well he is only 18 really coming into his own now gonna eb a + 25- 30 this year with maybe 35 points

There's always a certain type of "fan" who want a scapegoat, and because Brodie's not flashy or a fighter, they have picked on him. I love his potential and think he'll continue to improve as he gets older. Definetly unfairly picked on by so called "fans".

wango tango
12-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe you guys could squeeze Eberle out of Regina, that could be the move that wins you the dub....

parker will not deal eberle and teubert. i'd love to see eberle in saskatoon, but it won't happen.

look what edmonton got for raedeke. now imagine what regina would ask for eberle.

i'd be kicking the tires on shattock in kamloops, st. denis in kelowna, vincour in edmonton, sbisa in lethbridge, rowinski in moose jaw, and novotny in swift current.

looking at mollekens trade history suggests a deal with a team in the us or bc division is most likely, and the central a little less so.

Toswammi
12-31-2009, 12:14 PM
You say Novotony. He should be on the market...from a SC stand point i think we will do everything possible to get our Finnish tender and then pick up a younger forward in the Euro draft. If anything the price tag shouldn't be huge.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-01-2010, 04:08 PM
If Luca Sbisa was ever on the Blades "wanted list" I do not think he is now because he is out for at least a month.

Teacher
01-01-2010, 08:47 PM
What about the Blades trading for Viedensky from the Cougars.
Teams have a history of trades, connections, and a big skilled centre like Viedensky could really help with depth down the stretch.
Realistically it is a rental as the Slovak will probably be in the San Jose Shark system as a 20yr old.
Cougars need help in all areas so the Blades most likely have something that P.G. could use...maybe a big, physical, forward like Burke Gallimore?

lordstanley
01-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Burke Gallimore is the furthest thing from a big physicle foward lol the guy is a *****cat maybe a guy like Darian Dziurzynki would help you guys

wango tango
01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
lots of hockey people and fans to talk to at the world juniors about the trade deadline. sounds like molleken is trying to do something, but the asking price is really high. guess we'll see by sunday.

patsdude114
01-06-2010, 12:36 AM
I have said all along that Sbisa price cant be too high and well his price just dropped considerably after his injury at the WJs, he is out for about a month with a injury then he is off to play in the Olympics (which may or may not lead to another injury playing with men again) but he would be back for playoffs which is really all that matters.

Lethbridge will still try to move this guy as it is pointless to keep him there but Lethbridge wont be getting a big return anymore. I think they would be lucky to get decent 17 yr old & maybe a 3rd rd pick at best.

I can see a team like Saskatoon taking a chance on him, cuz come playoff time u want as much depth as u can on the D & Sbisa would give you a very quality guy with Elliott & Neimi no doubt would be the BEST top 3 in the league to go along with Zahn & Klassen already, that is 1 scary defense.

With this injury Sbisa will be lucky to play another 15 games in the regular season in the WHL and even then thats alittle high, price cant be high for that many regular season games.

wango tango
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
I have said all along that Sbisa price cant be too high and well his price just dropped considerably after his injury at the WJs, he is out for about a month with a injury then he is off to play in the Olympics (which may or may not lead to another injury playing with men again) but he would be back for playoffs which is really all that matters.

Lethbridge will still try to move this guy as it is pointless to keep him there but Lethbridge wont be getting a big return anymore. I think they would be lucky to get decent 17 yr old & maybe a 3rd rd pick at best.

I can see a team like Saskatoon taking a chance on him, cuz come playoff time u want as much depth as u can on the D & Sbisa would give you a very quality guy with Elliott & Neimi no doubt would be the BEST top 3 in the league to go along with Zahn & Klassen already, that is 1 scary defense.

With this injury Sbisa will be lucky to play another 15 games in the regular season in the WHL and even then thats alittle high, price cant be high for that many regular season games.

yeah i'd want to know the full medical on sbisa: exactly how bad his injury is, and how long it will take for recovery, before making a deal.

right now i'd still part with a prospect and pick for sbisa, he will make a difference come playoff time, exactly when he'll be needed.

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
01-06-2010, 04:53 PM
to any other club. Certainly his injury has lessoned his value and being gone for the Olympics will leave him around for the last week of the season and a playoff run. But I think the Hurricane brass will keep him. By the way, his injury is not as bad as first thought. Unless there is a deal that Preston can't refuse, Sbisa will likely stay put.

:groovy:

GET RID OF "EH OH CANADA GO!"

Trav
01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
There are rumours of Novotny and Dowling coming here in the Broncos section. Now that'd be good to see.

reims
01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
talk about a physical line...Dziurzynki , mcnuahgt, acostle....would that be a line brawl no team would want!

Trav
01-09-2010, 03:27 PM
They'd be the MAD line lol

lordstanley
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
The MAD line nice ring to it lol

reims
01-09-2010, 04:52 PM
by the way look for a rematch of mcnuaght vs donaghy tonight....he definitely got the better of mcnuaght last time on blade ice

reims
01-09-2010, 10:28 PM
no rematch...and no game for that matter, very boring and a total lack of effort by the blades

Trav
01-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Hmm, apparently the Hitmen got Shattock, Bubnick and Stebner from Kamloops for Schaber and Madiesky. Wonder what Molleken offered the Blazers, Shattock and Bubnick would've looked good here.

reims
01-10-2010, 02:58 PM
ya i agree, but molleken hardly ever makes any last min deals...hope he proves me wrong and gets eberle!

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Gogol to Saskatoon.

reims
01-10-2010, 04:22 PM
talk about adding tuffness wow

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Viedensky (SP?) to Saskatoon, they are staking up here.

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 04:25 PM

Isn't he the guy Bestland tuned up when Ferland was fighting Forsberg?

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Can't recall. Did they really need more toughness (Gogol) or is this because they are getting rid of Mcnaught?

Bocephus
01-10-2010, 04:27 PM
I assume you mean Stocking!
Anyway, How does S'toon trade their 3rd in 2011 in the Gogol deal and then also trade a 3rd in 2011 in the PG deal for the Euro? Did they have someone else's 3rd in 2011 from a previous trade?

Boltz9
01-10-2010, 04:30 PM
They must have 2 of them, I meant to say Stacking.

EOK1
01-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Pats stayed put..

http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/slapshots/default.aspx

lordstanley
01-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Blades reassign braden johnson

Trav
01-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Don't really get these two deals, the Blades needed a gamebreaker, not really sure Viednesky is it but he is an upgrade, hope can start scoring cuz thats what the Blades need. I think they were better off going after Shattock, Bubnick and Stebner. Think they could've afforded the three of them.

sbtatter
01-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Don't really get these two deals, Viednesky I guess is alrite but...I think they were better off going after Shattock, Bubnick and Stebner. Heck they could've traded Gallimore to Kamloops in the deal instead of to Seattle. Hope the deals work out but I don't like having another guy with over 100 pim's. Hopefully Marek will start putting the puck in the net.
I'm interested to see if this gives the Blades the extra scoring punch they could use. I still have them as #1 in the dub, then us, 3rd Cgy and 4th tri-Cities

lordstanley
01-10-2010, 05:27 PM
New Blades lines possibly

Hulak Patterson Wintoneak
Boyer Viednesky Acolatse
Hamilton Toomey Inglis
Nichols Benson Dziurzynski
McNaught

Elliott Klassen
Niemi Zahn
Gogol Siemens
Thrower Kiziuk

Stanford
Morrison

Still a very good team if you ask me

dodywood4ever
01-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Christ thats a tough team! Thats the kind of hockey I will pay to go see.

wango tango
01-10-2010, 09:53 PM
when i see what portland paid for sbisa, or brandon for hamonic the prices were pretty steep. though calgary seems to have picked up a couple guys i thought the blades might have been interested in, with bubnick and shattock, for a decent price. overall though when i look at what it cost to get someone, i wonder how insane was eberle's price.

i don't know if it will work, but with the blades additions here's hoping our penalty kill can be great. because we're going to be a really physical punishing team, but that's going to mean a lot of time in the box too.