PDA

View Full Version : Eberle & Teubert off the table

patsdude114
12-09-2009, 05:53 PM
It would be very safe to say now that Brandon will have to look elsewhere to add a key player or two to there roster. After the Pats acquired Carter Ashton today from Lethbridge it is safe to say that the Pats feel they have as good of a chance as any other team in the East Division.

The big 3 inour division is now Saskatoon, Brandon & Regina hands down. Look for Parker to add a defenseman here in the next day or 2 as well. Since the Pats will only have 3 over the xmas break due to World Junior commitment by Teubert & Under 17s with Bell & Borstmayer.

brandonboy
12-09-2009, 06:33 PM
It would be very safe to say now that Brandon will have to look elsewhere to add a key player or two to there roster. After the Pats acquired Carter Ashton today from Lethbridge it is safe to say that the Pats feel they have as good of a chance as any other team in the East Division.

The big 3 inour division is now Saskatoon, Brandon & Regina hands down. Look for Parker to add a defenseman here in the next day or 2 as well. Since the Pats will only have 3 over the xmas break due to World Junior commitment by Teubert & Under 17s with Bell & Borstmayer.

They could also just be setting up for a bigger deal, it dont mean their of the table just cause they picked up Ashton! But who knows......

patsdude114
12-09-2009, 10:24 PM
You dont go out and give up what we gave up for a guy like Ashton and then trade away prob the best scorer in all of junior hockey right now.

Trevor
12-09-2009, 10:43 PM
It would all depend what you get back. The rumour I heard floating around here today is Eberle & Teubert for Glennie & DePape (plus something I would presume) That'd balance out what you guys gave away and make you a much better team next year.

Even with Ashton, at best the Pats are a second round team. Whereas next season the east is wide open. If you guys get some more consistent goaltending, the division could be yours, with the trade I suggested (or something similar, doesn't necessairily have to be with Brandon, just what I've heard)

sbtatter
12-09-2009, 10:47 PM
I think the Pats might also be looking for a goaltender upgrade if this is the season they trade to make a run.....Blades have 2 decent goalies.....can Parker squeeze one out of toon town?

Allin44
12-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm happy this happened. It basically takes 3 possibly bad trades off the table for Brandon.

patsdude114
12-10-2009, 12:23 AM
i highly doubt the pats can get a goalie out of saskatoon.. but i do agree the pats need a goalie... the way delahey has been playing maybe delahey for rowat lol

dagley
12-10-2009, 01:40 AM
You'd have to think Rowat will be on the move shortly too, along with Sbisa

Fight Guy
12-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Someone commented on Pederson's Blog that from an unidentified source, that the Pats are possibly in talks with Red Deer for D Archer and G Kuemper. Not sure how true that is or not, but just throwing it out there.

A lot of people seem to think the Pats are very mediocre this year, but that is just untrue. You could tell when the players started buying into Hunt's systems after Derkatch screwed everything up.

With all the defense missing on this up coming trip, they are going to need to probably bring in a defenseman on the asap, and a goaltending upgrade would be good, but then I look at the Pats current goaltenders, and if a trade is made for a goalie, will Tendler ever get a chance? I think he is better than Guhle and Ketlo I was always a little skeptical about. He's a good goalie, but has been inconsistant.

We'll have to sit back and wait to see what happens.