PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about Kris Foucault?

MVNWriter23
12-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I noticed that Foucault had a great start but then completely tailed off. Was he taken off a scoring line, or benched? What would you say this kids best skills are (when he shows them)? Do you think he has a shot at the NHL or will some part of his game not allow him to make it? Pretty much anything you can tell me about Foucault's game and his play in Calgary would be greatly appreciated.

Hitmen1
12-10-2009, 02:05 PM
He is very inconsistent. He has very good skills but a very poor work ethic. He has been a healthy scratch a couple of times this season and has found himself on the 4th on occasion as well. I would be surprised to see him successful at the next level, unless he has a major change of heart.

MVNWriter23
12-14-2009, 11:53 PM
That is consistent with everything I heard about him before we drafted him. A kid with great skill but a roller coaster work ethic and desire on the ice. That's really sad, because he'll look back and realize he probably pee'd away a dream. The Wild are desperate for some skilled scorers...sounds like he's a BUS_ at this point. Can he do anything defensively or is he lazy helping out his defensemen?

Razz
12-15-2009, 12:10 AM
He can be gritty when he works

Chipper
12-15-2009, 09:18 AM
That is consistent with everything I heard about him before we drafted him. A kid with great skill but a roller coaster work ethic and desire on the ice. That's really sad, because he'll look back and realize he probably pee'd away a dream. The Wild are desperate for some skilled scorers...sounds like he's a BUS_ at this point. Can he do anything defensively or is he lazy helping out his defensemen?

If you are a scout or management from the Wild why would you talk about your prospects on a hockey forum? not very professional? I guess you could just be a nobody just wanting to light a fire to get the guy playing harder.

SectionNDeserter
12-15-2009, 09:21 AM
He is a sports journalist.

armypower
12-15-2009, 10:42 AM
I'd say it's a little early to right him off yet,he defineately needs to work on his work ethic, he was great last year cause he had to earn his ice time,maybe coming from tier2 to the dub,then getting drafted got in his head,,who knows......

MVNWriter23
12-22-2009, 12:00 PM
He is a sports journalist.

I have a Minnesota blog and I'm just curious about these guys because you obviously get to see these guys more than I do. I'd love to see them if I had the chance to do so in person but that's just not possible. I know they stream some of the games online, but that's not the same.

If you know the guy, go ahead and light into him and tell him to get his butt in gear. Especially if he's dogging it. Of course I'd want that because it helps the Wild. If I was a scout, no offense, I probably wouldn't be asking you what you think about (insert player name here). In all honesty, if I could see these guys play in person as you have...I wouldn't be asking either. Not that I don't trust you; but I can evaluate talent pretty well having played and been around the game my whole life.

I find everything that you guys have said about Foucault, and Carson McMillan before him have proven to be quite useful. I take what you say, and if you wish to be given specific credit for it I have zero problem with that and make sort of a composite of the observations you've shared and I pass it on in my blog to Wild fans who are hungry for information on our prospects.

There have been a few kids from my hometown that have played in the WHL over the years. Tristan King of Medicine Hat; heck even Erik Maksimenko (if anyone remembers him here) played for the Hitmen for a short while.

MVNWriter23
02-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Anything new with Kris Foucault or is this kid just giving you more of the same...lots of inconsistent play? I am not liking this kid's chances at this point (which is probably stating the obvious).

peatfan
02-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Right now he would be lucky to be playing in the ECHL, let alone the AHL. If he comes back as an overager the Hitmen would try like hell to find a trading partner and dump hi. Kris had his 15 minutes of fame and now he thinks he doesn't ned to work. Very huge disappointment for the first 40 games getting zero offense despite playing besides Kozun & Broda (sometimes one of them, sometimes both). He actually is playing a bit better on the fourth line beside any comination of Kirsch, Beach, Royer & Rigby. Needs a huge playoff to erase the dismal season. Obviously I don't think he will see the NHL.

Hitmen1
02-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Right now he would be lucky to be playing in the ECHL, let alone the AHL. If he comes back as an overager the Hitmen would try like hell to find a trading partner and dump hi. Kris had his 15 minutes of fame and now he thinks he doesn't ned to work. Very huge disappointment for the first 40 games getting zero offense despite playing besides Kozun & Broda (sometimes one of them, sometimes both). He actually is playing a bit better on the fourth line beside any comination of Kirsch, Beach, Royer & Rigby. Needs a huge playoff to erase the dismal season. Obviously I don't think he will see the NHL.

Great assessment. I would be shocked to see him land a pro job. I think he is headed to Europe for his hockey career.

WIKA
02-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Playing better since the trade deadline....14GP, 3G, 9A for 12 pts and +8.
Based on where he came from last year, I wouldn't write him off yet.

Hitmen1
03-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Playing better since the trade deadline....14GP, 3G, 9A for 12 pts and +8.
Based on where he came from last year, I wouldn't write him off yet.

That is the problem though isn't it? He can be so good for stretches but then really disappears for longer stretches.

I will give him credit though, the past couple of weeks with Bubnick out, Kris has really stepped up his game and is scoring goals on a more regular basis.

MVNWriter23
03-04-2010, 01:32 PM
By everyone's description he sounds like a less talented and less touted version of Benoit Pouliot. A guy who can play well when he feels like it, but be damned if that ever seems to happen throughout the course of a full season but rather in little stretches here and there. Pouliot was what I called a one-shift wonder; would you say that describes Foucault??? I too have noticed his slight increase in production lately but yea...by what you said I am not sure how that will fly with our team's higher ups. Yet at the same time, one thing he does have going for him is that the Wild have so few forwards in its prospect pool he just might defy the odds and get a shot just with the dim hope he somehow figures it out...

MVNWriter23
03-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Hitmen, I now write for a new site. Feel free to check it out...and I will put your blog on my blogroll...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com

Jimbo24
03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Well it looks like he is going on a hot streak at the right time for the hitmen

MVNWriter23
03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I watched him on Sunday in your game against Saskatoon. He seems like a total cherry picker. I wasn't all that impressed. Stone sure looked like he had a cannon of a shot though!