PDA

View Full Version : Bonner is cleaning house

Section_Z
12-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Three player Regina trade.....
A new, young back up goalie?
And I can only assume that Tucker is on his way out in another trade soon....

Priceisright
12-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Three player Regina trade.....
A new, young back up goalie?
And I can only assume that Tucker is on his way out in another trade soon....

Hmmm makes you wonder. I know from all the games I have seen our goaltending is definitely a weekness and I guess time is up and they are looking for a solid everyday goaltender for the future.

Are we short dman now?

dondo
12-12-2009, 03:34 PM
^ no Fenske will probably be called up when the boys got to their respective World Junior camps.

I don't like this trade after what we gave up for Mappin to just let him go for pretty much zilch, meanwhile Kudrna is still a lazy player, but putting up points in Red Deer.. and we got a lazy player who doesn;t put up points and doesn't bring the girt as advertised. To be honest seeing Mappin go doesn't bug me as much as letting our most skilled forward (if not the hardest working) go for a lazy plumber.... he shouldn't have been, but sadly he was.

I don't see the advantage.. we already have first round euro pick, we didn't need another 5th rounder and we did need young D-men so Spooner going and getting a goalie that's going to stay in Junior for now seems a hell of a waste.

Bonner has not been successful on the trade front season and he usually finds some really good players.

dondo
12-13-2009, 01:36 PM
thanks raiderfan -- I was wondering about that, the numbers I've seen so far have been scant so I wasn't sure what kind of player we were getting. I hope Mappin wakes up and is mostly useful for you guys.

I really had high hopes that he'd be another good power-forward in our line-up, but he was merely okay and was not hustling the way Hay likes in practice or in games.

It kills me we gave up a lazy but ridiculously talented player (most skilled of any player we have on our roster) who was still only 18, for what ended up being a plug vc124

Hitmen1
12-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Kudrna has become one of Red Deer's best players. He seems to fit right in on that team. I was surprised to see another goalie go to Vancouver, but I guess after Segal started all 3 games the other weekend, it shouldn't be that surprising. Is Tucker the odd one out now?

Rebelsfan13
12-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Kudrna might have been lazy in Vancouver but after watching him this year and comparing him against the slug that you just got rid of well... he is anything but. He shows up every night and actually skates to and from the bench, now I might be jaded because I had to watch Mappin play for three years...but that deal was one of the best Red Deer trades of all time. You guys will do better without him, he was a cancer here and I am sure there is a reason he is no longer there.

dondo
12-16-2009, 06:24 PM
yeah that's what I expected Rebelsfan13 -- Andrej has ridiculous skill if he ever put the whole package together he could be one of the best in the league. Regardless he helps you guys out for sure. He wasn't working hard enough for Hay and that could have been in practice as well as games, as Hay is a stickler for practising at a game level.

I personally think its a bit of a blind spot for Hayzer, one that is not that serious considering the players he does get to play for him and how hard they all work almost to a man, but he does not seem to be willing to give some of the better skill guys the leeway to use their creativity and sometimes that smartens 'em up and sometimes it backfires.

Section_Z
01-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Well there you go it was in the works after all....

dondo
01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
apparently when Tendler was acquired Tucker asked them to look for a way to trade him. Kudos to Tucker playing hard the past couple of starts, he could have phoned it in but he didn't.

Good luck to Tucker in PA

Priceisright
01-08-2010, 08:08 PM
apparently when Tendler was acquired Tucker asked them to look for a way to trade him. Kudos to Tucker playing hard the past couple of starts, he could have phoned it in but he didn't.

I am going to predict the Giants will try and hopefully get a veteran goalie before the trade deadline Sunday!

GF71
01-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Tucker asked for his trade well before Tendler was in the picture.

Priceisright
01-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Incoming: From Edmonton

F - Brett Breitkreuz

F - Thomas Vincour

Outgoing: Gary Nunn, Mike Piluso, Svendsen, 2-3round picks and 1-5th round pick

Wow lots of picks. I have no idea who these Edm players are.

patsdude114
01-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Vincour played in the WJs for TEAM CZE has played on a very weak edmonton team with only 1 player to play with and that was Raedeke. He can score has the tools to do it so maybe in VAN he will finally be able to do that with a better system in place and more talent around him. Breitkreuz is a solid defensive C a leader he wont amaze u with his skill but will be called apon in key defensive zone situations.

Priceisright
01-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks

dondo
01-18-2010, 01:13 AM
great deal -- you have no idea who they were price? ..

..actually both of these guys were on my personal wish list and I am happy we finally have a scoring euro who battles hard and drives the net regularly. Vincour (pronounced vin-SORE) is what Kudrna should be. To be honest Kudrna probably has more pure skill, but lacks the competitive drive necessary to really become elite and its a shame cause his skill is mucho tasty.

and OA Breitkreuz gives us the same scoring Nunn would have, but is much bigger and plays a power-forward kind of game.

What we gave up was well worth it, esp since the picks are spread out over three years.

We also gave up a 5th for Brent Henke from the Hurricanes and he's fit in quite well already, gives us Piluso's game but with more size imo. He's as big as Brandon Scholten, but better skilled.

In PG they were responsible for a bulk of the points scored -- more than can be said for Piluso or Svendsen who both had their hearts in the right place and effort, but in the end small players like that have to score and they simply weren't.

Bonner's had some misses this season on the trading front, but for me this is a big bulls-eye and what the Giants have lacked for a few seasons now.