PDA

View Full Version : Hurley gives to hospital

In the crowd
12-15-2009, 12:45 PM
From www.whl.ca
Inspiration leads to Christmas Gift for Hospital
December 14, 2009 []
Cranbrook, BC… At the end of last year’s WHL hockey season, 16-year old Brendan Hurley had a vision of being on the ICE Squadron in 2009. He also took some inspiration from a former ICE mate to bring something to his new hockey community by making a Christmas gift to the regional hospital.

“I was really interested in what Tylan Stephens did last year by donating a wheelchair for the hospital. He inspired me to think about doing something too, so this summer I worked and saved my money and also bought a wheelchair. I thought donating it at Christmas would be a fun time of the year to do so,” explains the rookie left-winger.

This is yet another wonderful story of the generosity of a young man who is focusing his efforts not just out on the ice but getting involved and making a difference for others.

Brendan’s wheelchair will make its home as a transport chair for the Diagnostic Imaging department assisting patients to the ultrasound, nuclear medicine and MRI areas.

The wheelchair wasn’t on the DI unit for more than five minutes before the first patient required it.

Brendan Hurley, #25 Kootenay ICE and now community ambassador for the East Kootenay Regional Hospital.
Tags: Brendan Hurley , Kootenay Ice

west coast
12-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Awesome gesture by Hurley , he plays the game hard and is a heck of a player