PDA

View Full Version : Tigers beat Hitmen...again

Hitmen1
01-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Well another disappointing result for the Hitmen vs the Tigers. Last nights win was the 5th of season for the Tigers over the Hitmen this season. From what i have heard, Pogge wasn't sharp and was pulled after the 4th Tigers goal. Was there anyone at the game last night? I'm wondering how Getzlaf faired in his fight? Was it even a fight or more of a wrestling match?

Post game report:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/01/20/904442-sun.html

ScottyWazz
01-20-2005, 09:37 AM
It's bad when you can outshoot a time like that and still lose handily. I think that the boys just have it in their heads they can't beat Medicine Hat. That's going to come into play probably some time during the playoffs and they need to learn how to overcome it.

If a positive is to come out of this; Pushkarev is finally getting a grip in the North American game. He's been tearing it up as of late, and many can hope the good play from him continues on as the Hitmen will have another threat.

grumphy
01-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Well another disappointing result for the Hitmen vs the Tigers. Last nights win was the 5th of season for the Tigers over the Hitmen this season. From what i have heard, Pogge wasn't sharp and was pulled after the 4th Tigers goal. Was there anyone at the game last night? I'm wondering how Getzlaf faired in his fight? Was it even a fight or more of a wrestling match?[/url]

Good game---Cats outshot bad but Keetly was in a zone fair amount of saves in the sensational area. Pogge played well, could not be falted on any of the goals. Lots of good hits, lots of missed calls, some pretty bad, great checking & good speed. Although Getzlaf started the altercation ---- he better learn to fight a little better if he wants to survive in the NHL. Mostly a wrestling event Getz hit the ice first.

Tiger Trauma
01-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Hitmen had the first period....the tigers just seemed to be holding on and keetley was playing spectacular. But it only took one game and we found perogie's weak spot!! Weak glove. My favorite hit of the game was at the start of the (second or third can't remember) when one of the hitmen players ran into yeo knocking his helmet flying and he skated off to the bench!!

I thought the reffing was pretty bad tonight ryan thompsson had let a lot of missed calls go. PLus when your on a partial breakaway and get your stick chopped in half, most people would call that a slash.

RunTheGoalie
01-20-2005, 06:24 PM
I was hoping we could do better, even if we only had 15 skaters last night.

Hopefully we're just saving our wins for the playoffs...

Tinner
01-20-2005, 10:27 PM
it seems to me that everytime somebody's team loses, they blame the reffing. its time to put that argument to bed, it gets tiring.

Ergo
01-20-2005, 11:08 PM
it seems to me that everytime somebody's team loses, they blame the reffing. its time to put that argument to bed, it gets tiring.

A valid point. However if you had bothered to look you would have seen that the person complaining is a fan of the winning team. :D

RunTheGoalie
01-21-2005, 12:10 PM

It does get tiring, but if Derek Herman is the referee, the complaints are always valid. Fortunately he had nothing to do with that game.