PDA

View Full Version : Did Preston miss .......

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
12-18-2009, 05:24 PM
...dealing Sbisa before the World Juniors. Certainly interest is there from other teams in the "Dub".

Since Preston has not dealt him, he now runs the risk of Luca being injured at the World Juniors and therefore not able to deal him. Nobody wants to see him hurt, but there is a risk of that at the World Jrs.

Just a thought.

:groovy:

DOES BEING SHORT HANDED MEAN STUBBY FINGERS?

hitmanfan
12-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Using that thought there is also a chance he could get hurt playing for Lethy and not be able to trade him. He could get swept away by a rogue wind gust, but probably not. Glennie was a freak thing.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
12-28-2009, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=ZAMBONI-PHONEY;144066]...dealing Sbisa before the World Juniors. Certainly interest is there from other teams in the "Dub".

Since Preston has not dealt him, he now runs the risk of Luca being injured at the World Juniors and therefore not able to deal him. Nobody wants to see him hurt, but there is a risk of that at the World Jrs. [QUOTE=ZAMBONI-PHONEY;144066]...[QUOTE]

You may have been prophetic. I am sure Sbisa was hurt in the first on a hit on Kozun. Stayed on the ice but was kinda bent over a bit for the rest of the shift. Only played one or two shifts since then.

shushu
12-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Swiss defenceman Luca Sbisa, who was drafted in the first round by the Philadelphia Flyers in 2008, was also injured during the game but was deemed okay by the coaching staff................................

Bocephus
12-30-2009, 09:26 AM
What the hell are the Hurricanes thinking eaking out a win in Edmonton last night. This is getting beyond frustrating.:frog:

Bare Bear
12-31-2009, 01:57 AM
First over all or second over all.Who really cares. It is the job of the scouting staff to find a gold chipper to lead the team for the next few years. The first five or six picks should be pretty solid in this years draft. The challenge is to have the scouts bring in the best possible players for training camp next fall. We are not winning the cup this year, but if the management "manages" the drafts and the players properly, we will be a force for years to come and I will win more bets at the 'Dome. The board must be patient and let Preston bring the boys forward. I gotta think however, where would we be now if Dicker was behind the bench? He was a great motivator. Just a thought.

BB

loudi94
12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
Swiss defenceman Luca Sbisa, who was drafted in the first round by the Philadelphia Flyers in 2008, was also injured during the game but was deemed okay by the coaching staff................................

Heard a rumour he's out for 4 weeks with an abdominal tear. Can anyone confirm?

Hitmen1
12-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Heard a rumour he's out for 4 weeks with an abdominal tear. Can anyone confirm?

Yup. Bob Mackenzie has tweeted it a couple times now. I was hoping he would end up a Hitmen.

shushu
01-01-2010, 12:39 AM
if he is messes up untill march (including the olympics)..he is one of two giant trading pieces(ashton) an will cost the canes a pile of future talent....it hard to believe preston holds onto luca when he is not even helping the team and will only be back for a few days before the trade deadlne...... wow.............what a waste..........

ZAMBONI-PHONEY
01-01-2010, 01:53 AM
I felt all along that Preston should have dealt Luca prior to the WJHC! He will be "damaged goods" now and his value will have gone down. It is never too late to deal him but his barganing position has dropped. I wonder if there is a lot of interest in Bancks one of the best OA in the league!

:groovy:
GET RID OF "EH OH CANADA GO"

localguy
01-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Luca will be an impact player where ever he goes, and he will go. Even if it is just for play offs, there will be 2 western teams with the chance to go for the cup. He will not go for nothing, and he will be the most sought after player at the deadline. 4 weeks brings him back at the end of January, for the Olympics, and with all the international experience he is getting, it only makes him better. There will be many buyers this week, and he will go.

Bancks is one of my all time favorite Canes, not the best 20 in the league though (Broda, Kundratek to name a couple others), and I hope he will dealt to a contender. He is the most deserving of the move, hopefully out to Van or Tri Cities, even the Hitmen. We will all know in a week or so what will go down, and I am just waiting for the hammer to fall.

Hockeydad
01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Sabiza has a abdominal tear, will be out 4 to 6 weeks.

localguy
01-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Sabiza has a abdominal tear, will be out 4 to 6 weeks.

I don't know who "Sabiza" is, but I am aware that Sbisa is injured. It was mentioned in a previous post.

Hockeydad
01-01-2010, 09:53 PM
you have nothing better to with your time than correcting people, things must be boring in Lethbridge

Bocephus
01-01-2010, 10:49 PM
It is becoming a full time job just following Luca. Where is he today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Who is he playing for again? I wonder how often his billets actually see him?

localguy
01-01-2010, 10:58 PM
you have nothing better to with your time than correcting people, things must be boring in Lethbridge

Nothing to do with too little time, you should have at least taken the time and effort to look up how to spell his name, it seemed more to me like you were intentionally saying it the way you did, since it's on this thread multiple times. Anyone who follows this league can spell his name right.

localguy
01-01-2010, 10:59 PM
It is becoming a full time job just following Luca. Where is he today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Who is he playing for again? I wonder how often his billets actually see him?

I wonder if he is back in Lethy right now rehabing, he's not much use at the juniors, and I would think he would want to get healthy as quickly as possible for Vancouver.

sbtatter
01-01-2010, 11:02 PM
I wonder if he is back in Lethy right now rehabing, he's not much use at the juniors, and I would think he would want to get healthy as quickly as possible for Vancouver.

I read that he's gone back to Switzerland, out for 4 weeks. I'm guessing nobody will trade for him now, unfortunate for you guys because i'm sure his trade would have yielded some nice building blocks for your future....

Bocephus
01-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I read that he's gone back to Switzerland, out for 4 weeks. I'm guessing nobody will trade for him now, unfortunate for you guys because i'm sure his trade would have yielded some nice building blocks for your future....
I'm thinking at this point Luca serves more value to remain with Lethbridge. I'm sure the remaining roster is learning from his example.
I find Luca to be so interesting. The more he tries the less effective he seems to be. When he lets the game come to him he usually dominates. He often over does it when he tries to hard. At any rate, by next year we will only see him on the occasional TV broadcast of the Ducks.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I guess it will depend on what the exact injury is as to what we might get for him in a trade. If it is an abdominal tear he could be gone for the season. Because skating puts so much stress on the abdominal muscles, these kind of injuries can drag on for ever. The most we can probably get is some "conditional" draft picks based on whether he plays X amount of games etc for his new team. If we can get anything for him at all I say move him. With his injury and the Olympics etc he might play what, 5 or 6 more games for a non playoff team like the Canes.

RYLAH
01-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Injury or not, the intent was to keep Sbisa.